Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    ...I mean, hell, Google all but owns Motorola Mobility now, and Motorola's been on the ball with updates lately...
    My Droid 3 hopes so too.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    It will be. The Photon 4G, Galaxy Nexus S, Epic Touch 2, all will get ICS.

And in general, I like ICS. It's awesome. Duarte really knows how to make a good phone and design a UI that works and is constant. Windows Phone 7.5 now has competition in the elegance department. Honestly my next phone might be Android now.
    You forgot evo 3d,, it will also be getting ics.

10.1/32 gig of fun!
    Lots of WebOS DNA in ICS. Matias Duarte is at it again and it looks promising (I can't believe I said that about Android).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    ice cream while nice looks very unfinished to me UI wise. it was nice to see parts of webos included with this release.

there are tons of nice devices coming the end of this year and next year. perfect for you webos users to make the switch to android.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    ice cream while nice looks very unfinished to me UI wise. it was nice to see parts of webos included with this release.

there are tons of nice devices coming the end of this year and next year. perfect for you webos users to make the switch to android.
    Still need a decent portrait slider with keyboard.
    ICS looks great. Looks like they blended some of the best things from every OS and made them work with android.

How exactly does it look unfinished to you? Jw
    I'm so freaking stoked for ICS! Android keeps getting better and better for me.
    Nice features and all so definitely a step forward, but still no webOS. Here is why:

1) not intuitive - webOS my kids (5 and 3) can navigate and use.
    2) flat boring UI...though the elements of what is going on in the background is great, just no popping eye candy that I get with webOS with rich looking icons. I like the bubble color rich shadow/3D effect - ICS doesn't have that.
    3) CARDS?!? are you kidding me...card implementation in webOS is still ahead of its time. ICS cards to webOS is like iOS multitasking to webOS....you got to be kidding me.
    4) TTS and Touchstone - implemented easier and more elegant for the webOS devices that can use it. and touchstone is still KING above any other platform for charging. I got these things everywhere!

With that said...Android 5.0 will probably be the webOS we want here. Hopefully more elegant UI, card implementation refined, and then you get all the apps included. BUT I still would like a phone that isnt as big as a tablet and has a portrait keyboard. Pre3 was the ideal form-factor.

I will give Duarte the props though for getting in there and cleaning house. He has a bit more to do though.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Nice features and all so definitely a step forward, but still no webOS. Here is why:

1) not intuitive - webOS my kids (5 and 3) can navigate and use.
    2) flat boring UI...though the elements of what is going on in the background is great, just no popping eye candy that I get with webOS with rich looking icons. I like the bubble color rich shadow/3D effect - ICS doesn't have that.
    3) CARDS?!? are you kidding me...card implementation in webOS is still ahead of its time. ICS cards to webOS is like iOS multitasking to webOS....you got to be kidding me.
    4) TTS and Touchstone - implemented easier and more elegant for the webOS devices that can use it. and touchstone is still KING above any other platform for charging. I got these things everywhere!

With that said...Android 5.0 will probably be the webOS we want here. Hopefully more elegant UI, card implementation refined, and then you get all the apps included. BUT I still would like a phone that isnt as big as a tablet and has a portrait keyboard. Pre3 was the ideal form-factor.

I will give Duarte the props though for getting in there and cleaning house. He has a bit more to do though.

android will NEVER be webos, so don't delude yourself in thinking that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    How exactly does it look unfinished to you? Jw
    the entire UI is very unfinished looking, especially the camera app they showed last night. i think gingerbread looked overall more polished upon release.
    the entire UI is very unfinished looking, especially the camera app they showed last night. i think gingerbread looked overall more polished upon release.
    The app looked pretty good from what I saw but different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    It will be. The Photon 4G, Galaxy Nexus S, Epic Touch 2, all will get ICS.

And in general, I like ICS. It's awesome. Duarte really knows how to make a good phone and design a UI that works and is constant. Windows Phone 7.5 now has competition in the elegance department. Honestly my next phone might be Android now.
    Good. I was hoping that would be another advantage to getting a Google-branded phone.
    The app looked pretty good from what I saw but different strokes for different folks I guess.
    doesn't matter as most will run cm9 when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Pre3 was the ideal form-factor.
    no it wasn't, that's one reason webos failed. hp should of made other form factor choices like a slab.

a 4" lcd would of been perfect IMO. this is why alot of iphone users are disgusted, the screen is too small.
    doesn't matter as most will run cm9 when it comes out.
    Then why complain about the camera app if you will just run cm9???
    That white suit is pimp.
    koolkid09 likes this.
    Then why complain about the camera app if you will just run cm9???
    because to me it looked unpolished, i do not understand what you do not get about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by pho_dog View Post
    same thoughts here. only been on web os for about a year and really have enjoyed webos. was with windows 6.5, android up to froyo. was actually in vzw store today trying to see if anything was worth using my upgrade on and kept trying to use gestures, was annoyed with buttons. Looks like ICS/nexus may be on my christmas list.
    I think it is on many people's christmas list lol.
    to whomever may consider the new nexus be aware that samsung is very slow on updates and the gps is not very good. i know as ive owned 3 samsung android phones. the build quality is very cheap feeling too.

ill be buying the moto razr or the htc vigor which will both get ice cream in the near future.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast