1.    #1  
    Being a Visor Pro user, I had to use memplug for memory and app expansion. It came with utility apps for file and app management. It also had a back-up utility. I went to my local Best Buy and they were not very informative, nor would they allow me to insert my own SD/MMC card and explore. I would think that if the device had a SDIO port that there would be utlilies and apps for file managemnt and app management. Is this the case? Secondly, can't the SD/MMC card have a back-up loaded so that it can do this service? Or do you need a specialized card? Thirdly, if these utilites an apps exist on the TT, are they burned in or do I have to use up more of the limited 14MB of memory for these? Thanks for your input ahead of time.
    Ok, first of all I assume you are talking abotu the TT... SO

The TT is SDIO compatible, and will work with SDIO devices such as content cards, other memory (SD or MMC), cameras, and more.

The TT uses Palm OS 5, which has built in memory card management - justthe bare miminum though. It can "run" an application, provided it is in the appropriate directory on the card (/Palm/Launcher ?), however this running is not like PiDirect - it just temporarily copies the application. PiDirect II is not available for OS 5 yet.

For backing up your PDA, I would reccomend BeckupBuddyVFS which is a free peice of software to backup to your card from your PDA. You can store the backupbuddyVFS programon the card, so if your PDA has a hard reset you can isntall the app, and than restore your PDA.

Backingup is the only thing i can think of that is not included withthe TT.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu
    The TT uses Palm OS 5, which has built in memory card management - justthe bare miminum though.
    A really bare minimum. Filez is freeware, though, and can be run from the card. LauncherX also includes a file manager program, and I'd think that the other third-party launchers do as well.
    It can "run" an application, provided it is in the appropriate directory on the card (/Palm/Launcher ?),
    Yep, that's the right directory.
    however this running is not like PiDirect - it just temporarily copies the application. PiDirect II is not available for OS 5 yet.
    Someone asked them, and the response was that it isn't likely to be any time soon, if at all.
    For backing up your PDA, I would reccomend BeckupBuddyVFS which is a free peice of software to backup to your card from your PDA. You can store the backupbuddyVFS programon the card, so if your PDA has a hard reset you can isntall the app, and than restore your PDA.
    There's also a non-free version which includes some neat extra functionality like scheduled backups. It's not officially supported on OS5 yet, but it does work on mine.
    Backingup is the only thing i can think of that is not included withthe TT.
    A good file manager is the other thing, but there are easily available free add-ons as mentioned. Personally, I think backup is a glaring omission on Palm's part.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info! I agree it is a glaring omeision that there is no back up. Actually the whole file management, apps on card, and back up should be burned in some where. It should not be a memory issue. Still leaning twoards the TT. I just wish they would hire me or some one else as a consultant so they could get a the product right the first time. Really it just comes down to those details that make the product extremely sellable. I am just asking for a thoughtful package. They at least have the UI thing down pretty good.