1.    #1  
    I'll be getting either an iPhone or a Galaxy 2 soon; I am on Sprint. Every weekend I am in a roaming area on Verizon. Without the patch that allows "roam only" settings on the Pre, my battery would be dead in an hour or so. My questions:
    If I get either an iPhone or a Galaxy, is there a setting for "roam only"? Do the Verizon iPhones run their battery down when roaming? Would love some advice here....thanks.
    chances are... if you get verizon... you wont be roaming like you would on sprint.

but the iphone does have settings where you can turn off data roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'll be getting either an iPhone or a Galaxy 2 soon; I am on Sprint. Every weekend I am in a roaming area on Verizon. Without the patch that allows "roam only" settings on the Pre, my battery would be dead in an hour or so. My questions:
    If I get either an iPhone or a Galaxy, is there a setting for "roam only"? Do the Verizon iPhones run their battery down when roaming? Would love some advice here....thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    chances are... if you get verizon... you wont be roaming like you would on sprint.

but the iphone does have settings where you can turn off data roaming.
    True....but I will probably stay on Sprint, which means every weekend I'll be roaming continuously on Verizon....so I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone or Galaxy will **** out it's battery after 3 hours while I'm roaming. And data roaming is not the problem; it's the access to the network. The phone keeps searching for Sprint (which it will never find) unless I use the patch and set it to Roam Only.. So it comes back to: is there a way to set an iPhone or a Galaxy so that it will roam only?
    Ah... I thought you were thinking of Verizon as an option.

sorry, I have att so havent seen verizon iphone settings to be able to help you.