Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1  
    Please focus all back and forth here. The new iPhone will be announced shortly, and we need not clutter the forums with needless fan boy posturing. All threads will be merged here, so please don't create other threads elsewhere.

To start.... WEBOS RULES, IOS DROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLS.....

we are the webOS
    the mighty mighty webOS
    everywhere we go
    people want to know
    who we are
    so we tell them
    we are the webOS
    the mighty mighty webOS
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

HelloNNNewman and vza33 like this.
  2.    #2  
    Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries.

HelloNNNewman and iprice like this.
    There is a rumor that Sprint will be the only carrier that will have the iPhone 5. My radio station this morning was talking about it. Also HLN was talking about it this morning.
    LOL

I have both a Pre Plus and an iPhone 4. I can say that webOS is far more intuitive to ME but that the application polish, launch speed and responsiveness, and screen resolution are far superior on my iPhone. I still end up using my Pre Plus more than you would think from that statement - but in all fairness my iPhone is a work device and my Pre Plus is my personal device.

I will also say that an application store with a couple hundred thousand apps is sometimes unwieldy. It's difficult to sort wheat from chaff sometimes but nice to have apps for virtually any purpose.

Multitasking - which is often claimed to be the real differentiation between webOS and most other mobile OS's has never been a big deal for me - but the UI features that allow me to switch from one app to another quickly is greatly missed.

Notifications - clumsy as heck on iOS are an elegant joy on webOS. iOS 5 is supposedly going to fix this - but until I see it I can't say for sure.

Speed - as mentioned is far superior on my iPhone 4 - but it's a 1ghz processor with a more limited (largely single tasking) OS. However lag still occurs from time to time contrary to many reports.

My wife is leaning towards an iPhone as her next device - but when I told her some Pre3's were in the wild she was so excited I thought she was going to pee. Then she heard how much they cost...

The Pre3 was my wife's dream - larger screen (on par with iPhone 4) and faster than our Pre Pluses. She's not a heavy app user and many of the apps that she wants to use are already there.
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
  5.    #5  
    See, this is fun...

come on, if your wife wants a Pre3 so bad, get her one. They're only $250 shipped. That's for an unlocked, off-contract phone. Unless you just have to have Verizon, it's a no-brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    come on, if your wife wants a Pre3 so bad, get her one. They're only $250 shipped. That's for an unlocked, off-contract phone. Unless you just have to have Verizon, it's a no-brainer.
    Sorry - has to be VZW.
    Firstly - we're still under contract.
    Second - We've used a number of other carriers and only VZW meets our expected availability and coverage here in the South Eastern USA and where we travel within the USA.
  8.    #8  
    Another post lists the iPhone 4s.... Apple Japan. Release Oct 14th.

So much for the iPhone 5 and 6....

Apple's 'Let's Talk iPhone' keynote liveblog! -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Another post lists the iPhone 4s.... Apple Japan. Release Oct 14th.

So much for the iPhone 5 and 6....
    The fact that it has the same screen size means it's a no buy for me... I barely like the 3.6 inch screen on my EVO Shift. 3.5 would be a downgrade. Even with the higher resolution.
    I guess no Iphone 5 this year. Although I really like new Camera and this voice assistant thing, but I think I am going to upgrade with Nexus Prime. I can't wait for Oct 11th event. Bring it on Samsung.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I guess no Iphone 5 this year. Although I really like new Camera and this voice assistant thing, but I think I am going to upgrade with Nexus Prime. I can't wait for Oct 11th event. Bring it on Samsung.

CNN & MSNBC just confirmed
    that there will be no iPhone 5.

Not today anyway. Since Christmas is only two months away,
    it's safe to say that there will be no iPhone 5 untile next spring.

I like the voice assistant concept, but I don't think I'll ever use it.
    Example, sitting in the office at 5:01PM and saying "what is the
    address of the nearest strip club from the office?"
    I just hope my
    bosses and co-workers don't hear me saying it out loud to the
    phone.
    lol, and i think the new sw updates may cost iphone sales...

find my friend... might as well call it 'find my cheating spouse' at the strip club again!

Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    CNN just confirmed that there will be no iPhone 5.
    Not today anyway.

I like the voice assistant concept, but I don't think I'll ever use it.
    Example, sitting in the office at 5:01PM and saying "what is the
    address of the nearest strip club from the office?"
    I just hope my
    bosses and co-workers don't hear me saying it out loud to the
    phone.
    Sprint to get new iPhone 4S! Could be the replacement for my failing Pre-

Apple unveils iPhone 4S – live | FT Tech Hub | FTtechhub - Industry analysis
    i bought the 2g... skipped 3 and got the 3gs.
    i skipped the 4 so i guess its gonna be 4s for me.

people were disappointed when they released 3gs instead of 4 and laughed at the s...
    but over time i think it was seen as a significant upgrade where speed and smoothness
    were no longer going to be overlooked in phone performance.

we should start hearing more news once they get to play with it...
    but 2x faster than the 4 is going to be interesting.
    and i will be looking forward to the camera performance over my 3gs.
    sw updates like the notifications and camera shortcut etc should be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Sprint to get new iPhone 4S! Could be the replacement for my failing Pre-

Apple unveils iPhone 4S – live | FT Tech Hub | FTtechhub - Industry analysis
    Last edited by donm527; 10/06/2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i bought the 2g... skipped 3 and got the 3gs.
    i skipped the 4 so i guess its gonna b3 4gs.

people were disappointed when they released 3gs instead of 4 and laughed at the s...
    but over time i think it was seen as a significant upgrade where speed and smoothness
    were no longer going to be overlooked in phone performance.

we should start hearing more news once they get to play with it...
    but 2x faster than the 4 is going to be interesting.
    and i will be looking forward to the camera performance over my 3gs.
    sw updates like the notifications and camera shortcut etc should be cool.
    Yeah, my wife will definately upgrade her Iphone 4 end of this year. I don't really care so much about the cpu upgrade since i have no issue with my current iphone 4. But I am really like the new camera. I still have to see what Samsung/Google will announce on oct. 11. And if Verizon is going to release Nexus Prime, it will be really tough for me to stay away from Android.
    Let's be honest. The iPhone 3GS is now free on AT&T on contract. So, that meant it would have been competing with the Veer. It doesn't matter if it's a two year old phone, the market HP was aiming the Veer at would pick the iPhone everytime just to have an iPhone. I guess maybe it's good they pulled the plug on that.... (although I love it and want one so bad... the Veer, not the iPhone) That free iPhone 3GS is going to get a LOT of people interested!
    Man, for those of us who have been here for a few
    years...how weird is it to see how quiet it is on an Apple announcement day?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    It was fun to watch those on the iOS site explain why the 4s was still "pretty cool".
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    yeah, seems like the life has been sucked out of here since hp basically killed webos.

even the diehards... or white knights?... and even people that use to come here i guess just to argue... gone.

i mean where is the hparsons to fight and get posts locked up?
    where are the cobrakons to argue how he kills ios friends with his phone tricks? lol.

i still find the forum interesting... still trying to find one of these tabs for dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Man, for those of us who have been here for a few
    years...how weird is it to see how quiet it is on an Apple announcement day?
    sinsin07 likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast