Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    you can shift+backspace on web os... or just double tap to highlight in ios and just continue to type overwriting the highlighted word. that is slooooow?

hey, to each their own. guess the main issue is that you really need a keyboard.
    learn something new everyday. I didn't know you could shift backspace on anything. never even heard of it. honestly though double clicking to highlight seems fine. I try it on my pre doesn't always work thought. sometimes it highlights a whole sentence.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    learn something new everyday. I didn't know you could shift backspace on anything. never even heard of it. honestly though double clicking to highlight seems fine. I try it on my pre doesn't always work thought. sometimes it highlights a whole sentence.
    It highlights the sentence because it thinks you are trying to copy. Shift+backspace while you are typing to erase whole words at a time, its of lot of fun and useful too.

Shift and tap paragraph to copy for pasting.
    I am glad we have some heavy iphone users on this thread. I have a real world problem:
    I have been having a little thing with a married woman. She complains that she has never had a phone that wont let her delete just one call from the call log, its all or nothing and it looks suspicious if her call log is always empty.

So I didnt believe her and I thought I could figure it out, but couldnt figure it out either. So I opened up one entry from the call log to see if there is an option there to delete it and found non. To add insult to injury, I wanted to go back to the list again so I asked her how to go back, and she proceeded to reach for the old home button.

Its just the simple things that have me scratching my head. Anybody know how to delete one entry form the call log please jump in and let me know so I can show her. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    you dont have to wait for the vid to complete...

to exit the vid, push the 'done' button on the top left corner of the screen
    (if you dont see the 'done' button it's because it's playing full screen
    and you need to tap on the screen to see the controls),

it then brings you to the 'more info' screen of the video you were just watching...

but at the bottom of the screen is the menu options and press 'search'...

press 'search' and it brings you back to your previous search with the list of bob dylan songs listed...
    even scrolled down to the one you last picked.
    I am kinda confused and dont have access to an iphone right now, I'll borrow my friends phone again to see if I missed something, but full screen or not I should be able to go back. For it to be the world's easiest phone to use it sure didnt look too easy to me.
    crazy. Sprint website has basically crashed like after 10 minutes of iphone preordering. It's damn near non-responsive.
    lol... it's true. on the iphone you can not delete just one entry in your call log.

but... you can if you jailbreak the phone.

then there is an app where you can selectively delete calls from your log available through jailbroken phones.

as well as other apps that give you features like you mentioned in an earlier post... top button swipe to give you all your control panel options quickly like disabling bluetooth or wifi or 3g or quick reboot or background processes, etc.

if I think about it, it could give you features you miss or would like changed to suit your needs.

i've jailbroken my phone for past year and it's easy and for me hasnt caused any reliability issue. I did it mainly to add better notification and texting features.

with iphone 4s and ios 5 and its new notifcation features i will probably not jailbreak this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am glad we have some heavy iphone users on this thread. I have a real world problem:
    I have been having a little thing with a married woman. She complains that she has never had a phone that wont let her delete just one call from the call log, its all or nothing and it looks suspicious if her call log is always empty.

So I didnt believe her and I thought I could figure it out, but couldnt figure it out either. So I opened up one entry from the call log to see if there is an option there to delete it and found non. To add insult to injury, I wanted to go back to the list again so I asked her how to go back, and she proceeded to reach for the old home button.

Its just the simple things that have me scratching my head. Anybody know how to delete one entry form the call log please jump in and let me know so I can show her. Thanks.
    Thanks donm527, I will look into jailbreaking the phone for her.
    It highlights the sentence because it thinks you are trying to copy. Shift+backspace while you are typing to erase whole words at a time, its of lot of fun and useful too.

Shift and tap paragraph to copy for pasting.
    i'd just be happy if the keys work specifically the the spacebar so that when i send text messages it doesnt comeoutlookinglikethis.

You have a point. It may not help your friend now, but here is a list of some of the features in ios 5:
    150+ iOS 5 New Features
    50. Individually delete entries from the call history.

Edit: It is now 252 new features:
    iOS 5: Complete list of 200+ New Features

I have not read through all the new features, so some may be bogus.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 10/07/2011 at 09:14 PM.
    i just installed ios5 on my 3gs and ipad2.
    pretty much the same feel and dont really see 252 features lol.
    but then slowly discovering little features...

like the 4 finger gestures (on the ipad2)...
    like pinch for homepage, left and right to move between active apps and swipe up for task bar.

looking forward to trying the siri when i get the new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    You have a point. It may not help your friend now, but here is a list of some of the features in ios 5:
    150+ iOS 5 New Features
    50. Individually delete entries from the call history.

Edit: It is now 252 new features:
    iOS 5: Complete list of 200+ New Features

I have not read through all the new features, so some may be bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    A week ago 40% of all smartphone owners planned to buy the iPhone 5. Now a TiPb Poll of 10,000+ shows Only 21% Of iPhone Fans Are Getting an iPhone 4S. Still the new iPhone 4S will sell millions. Many iPhone users buy the next iPhone no matter what.

iPhone 4S Improvements
    + Siri is much like Vlingo Voice Controls with the ability to respond to commands such as "Text Joe: Leaving now" or "“What does poison ivy look like?” Vlingo Examples
    + The iPhone 4S has a Faster Dual Core CPU but the iPhone 4 already was really responsive
    + Apple matched the 8MP on the rear camera already in the Galaxy S II, Bionic, Photon, Charge, etc.
    + iOS 5 will finally have Notifications.

These are nice improvements and help Apple catch up but everyone and I mean everyone thought that this was going to be the iPhone 5 that would at least match the Samsung Galaxy S II if not go ahead of it.

Features Still Missing From the iPhone 4S
    Same 3.5" size. Only 9% Want a Screen Under 4" in the last poll.
    No options. You can have any size as long as it's 3.5". No physical keyboard options.
    No LED Notification
    No microSD
    No Sprint 4G
    No Verizon LTE
    No AT&T HSPA+ 21Mbps
    0.3MP VGA front camera
    No DLNA
    No Facebook Integration, no Facebook sync of photos, status updates, etc.
    No Widgets
    No Smart Dial - can't type a name in the dialer.
    No FM Radio
    No Near Field Communication (NFC) for payments, games, ID, etc.
    No video chat over 3G (Facetime over WiFi only)
    No application trials. You touch it, you bought it. No trials.
    No Keyboard options, you just use the same one from 2007.
    No visible file system available like Internalz shows.
    No removable battery
    No micro USB connector - only proprietary Apple cables.

The iPhone 4S will be a success. It just is lacking basic features.
    Check the link I posted earlier, at least two of the No items are covered (facebook and LED). I check the 250+ list, quite a few are bogus. I have yet to verify any of this.
    I agree. I got the 4s and it seems pretty bland to me. I mean don't get me wrong it is fast and does everything I need it to be but iOS just feels like it is behind the times since it hasn't changed(looks wise) since it was originally announced in 2007.
    I think hp missed a golden opportunity on this one. After the 4s announcement they could have sold a lot of the pre 3 had it been available since many were upset with the incremental upgrade on the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    I think hp missed a golden opportunity on this one. After the 4s announcement they could have sold a lot of the pre 3 had it been available since many were upset with the incremental upgrade on the iphone.
    Apple sold 4 million of them in the first weekend. Doesn't sound to me like a lot of people were upset. How many WebOS devices have actually been sold to users (Apple has sold 250 million iOS devices).
    In iOS 5, you can clear individual calls from your call log by either swiping to delete, or hitting the "Edit" button in the top right corner and deleting that way.
    verwon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    This is one of the funniest post I've seen all day. Thanks!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345