Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Honestly, I'd set up gmail to collect and reply on behalf (so the emails appear to come from each seperate account rather than gmail) of all of those accounts. I have six accounts for various purposes and gmail collects them all and replies on behalf of them all.
    I do this too. It was too much effort to try and explain to parents and the like to switch the “@hotmail.com” to “@gmail.com” so I just leave the hotmail emails as is and they get aggregated with the gmail account.

It works well, with the bonus of being able to see all emails in one place from a regular computer and not having to log into umpteen different websites.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I just got a nexus 4g. Played with it for the last week on WiFi, never activated it. I'll most likely bet selling it ebay and keeping my pre2 until something better comes along. Android is a mess, I wish it wasn't, but it is. Completely unusable *

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "completely unusable"??? how on earth can anyone say this? i'm actually quite happy with my NS4G and i can't quite figure out where all the android hate is coming from.
    to be honest, two years ago i was all about the webos love. it really hasn't progressed in functionality (and actually, with the touchpad, seems to have lost some functionality that I got used to with my pixi). my nexus is extremely usable and i quickly got over the whole "no cards" thing when i remembered that it was a rare occasion for me to even keep more than one card at a time anyway. usually i would just toss them off the screen whenever i was done anyway, so i don't really miss them now that i think about it. mostly what i miss most is swiping notifications away individually. that and the back and forth gesture that HP made the mistake of getting rid of anyway.

don't get me wrong, i still really enjoy the touchpad, but my nexus is pretty awesome and i don't regret going to "the dark side". really...what webos users perceive as the dark side is just the shadows being cast by the big players hogging all the sun....

to the OP...going with the "old" Epic...mistake. i don't even mourn the loss of the keyboard as much as i thought i would. from what i've heard, the Epic is full of fail.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Honestly, I'd set up gmail to collect and reply on behalf (so the emails appear to come from each seperate account rather than gmail) of all of those accounts. I have six accounts for various purposes and gmail collects them all and replies on behalf of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I do this too. It was too much effort to try and explain to parents and the like to switch the “@hotmail.com” to “@gmail.com” so I just leave the hotmail emails as is and they get aggregated with the gmail account.

It works well, with the bonus of being able to see all emails in one place from a regular computer and not having to log into umpteen different websites.

-Suntan
    Good idea, I'll set that up when I get a chance....I'm not in any rush to do so b/c Mom I'm home and can use my desktop or laptop most of the time for emails etc..

Now I did want to mention that my phone arrived on Saturday via Fed ex, however it was 1st activated today....

I have 2 observations so far.

1. The keys are "chicklet" type keys, with very little room for the key to compress as Palm keys do....they also aren't domed and are not as comfortable to use.

2. I find the phone uncomfortable to use...and by that I mean the landscape layout of the keyboard....however a great deal of that is my own disability...

I've been very open and honest about my disabilities on this site and so here's why.

I have an incomplete spinal fusion at C 6-7, which is the very bottom spinal level of ones neck...the nerves that branch off from the spinal column at that level control your arms...my arms function properly for the most part...the issue is that the damage to my spine that resulted in the need for surgery resulted in a bone spur in the words of the Cranial base surgeon was "massive", it grew away from the spinal disc and thru the holes in the spine of your spine that the nerves pass thru. There is only so much space and as the bone spur brew an grew it damaged the nerves beyond any ability for it to be rectified, ...b/c this was in the beginning of the time of MRI's and not now, they bone spur didn't show up on the MRI, as it was hidden by the bone spur...today the MRI's and the computers that control them are far stronger and it would have been picked up much earlier...the vast amount of damage is why the fusion didn't compete itself...I knew going in that my surgery would more than likely not "cure" the problem it would lower the pain level and it did! (That was first of my two joyous spinal surgeries.....actually I'm lucky my doctor is the greatest)!

Be that as it may...holding anything up with both of my arms unsupported even for brief periods of times leads to a very high pain level...

So I want to see how I do for a few weeks should I wish to return the phone...

It also could be b/c the phone is new and one always has a lot of data to input into a new phone, not everything can be transferred from one phone to another....after all....I'm still using PalmOS which is basically unsupported....as the phone is filled with data...my pain levels will likely drop as I will not be inputting so much info manually!

Take care and thanks,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Jay,

I wish you well personally and with your new phone. My son and wife went from Pre's to Epic 4G's for the keyboard. They both endured the list of replacement Pre's we all had. It took about two weeks for both of them to find everything and get used to the different feel. Over a year later and not one problem ever on either Epic.

Samsung and HTC made some of the best Palm Treo's. It was when Palm went to Compal and Foxconn that it went off the rails. This time you bought straight form the manufacturer.

It will be a journey but here is one path: Palm User's Guide to Android.

I have enjoyed your many great stories you have found over the years.

Jay, take care!
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 10/06/2011 at 09:05 AM.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Jay,

I wish you well personally and with your new phone. My son and wife went from Pre's to Epic 4G's for the keyboard. They both endured the list of replacement Pre's we all had. It took about two weeks for both of them to find everything and get used to the different feel. Over a year later and not one problem ever on either Epic.

Samsung and HTC made some of the best Palm Treo's. It was when Palm went to Compal and Foxconn that it went off the rails. This time you bought straight form the manufacturer.

It will be a journey but here is one path: Palm User's Guide to Android.

I have enjoyed you many great stories you have found over the year.

Jay, take care!

Hi Milo,

Thank you so much for the info...it's a great hep.

1. I went to Sprint yesterday and they were nice enough to transfer my phone/address book from my Centro to my Epic....I tried repeatedly but I couldn't get the files to convert.

2. Thanks for the info..it's very helpful.

3. I'm so sorry to say that I will be posting less than before...the mods no longer want articles on other platforms....

and there are only so many articles around about webOS...sadly unless someone comes along soon to buy webOS I doubt there'll be much news about webOS at all.

Take care and again thanks,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    feel your pain. I haven't gone yet for my personal use (though I use an Android and Blackberry for work). But while webOS has many fans, it's hard to be a customer when you can't find product to buy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123