1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yesterday, the mango update for WP7 started to hit phones. In a lot of reviews, WebOS was mentioned as reviews said that the Mango updates brings a WebOS style cards view.

Anyone here got a WP7 device and able to give us a more detailed appraisal of how the two compare?
    <thread moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <thread moved>
    I saw a Samsung focus with it. Hold back button, looks very familiar...lol. Worked well!
    Long-presses need to be annihilated.
    It is actually quite slick, though not nearly as pleasing because you can't throw them off the screen.

I would rather do that, then the iOS way.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    definitely my next phone unless a miracle happens. That is as long as apps come, but since this is not hp but someone that will actually invest money into an idea not run at the first signs of trouble
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You know the end is here when PreCentral is running reviews of WP7 and telling people this should be their next phone:

The Competition: Windows Phone 7.5 Mango | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

The review is pretty bitter in parts as well:

Mango doesn't allow contact data manipulation like webOS Synergy does, but let's get real here, when's the last time a developer built an app to tie into webOS Synergy API's? Which is sad, because Enhanced Synergy was the feature I was most excited for when 2.0 was released.
    I'm carrying a Focus alongside my Pre3 and am still waiting on the Mango update. As-is, though, even with just the NoDo software loaded, WP7 is a great experience. I don't love it like I love webOS, but it's more fluid, more stable, and doesn't have one foot in the grave.

Yet somehow, I still prefer using the Pre3. OS zealotry is a drag.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    webOS user since 20090606.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm starting to come around to the udea of a WP7 being my next phone but all my stuff is in the google cloud so I'll have to see how that all works...
    Mine is too ... From Contacts to Gmail to Google Voice. WP7's implementation of their Synergy equivalent is actually better than webOS's in a lot of ways ... Probably because it hasn't been left to stagnate like Synergy has.

webOS user since 20090606.
    had a sprint pre with 2.1 and had palm pre since a month after launch. I have a touchpad and was excited for the Pre 3 like crazy. With the recent turn of events with HP I am probably going to use my long overdue upgrade and try a new windows phone once Spring gets something new. I was hoping they'd carry the HTC Titan. If I dont like it I can just ebay the phone and go back to the Pre. I just am tired of the botched support/info.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I'm carrying a Focus alongside my Pre3 and am still waiting on the Mango update.
    There's an article over on wpcentral that shows you how to force the Mango update. I did it on my husband's Arrive.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

WP7's implementation of their Synergy equivalent is actually better than webOS's in a lot of ways ... Probably because it hasn't been left to stagnate like Synergy has.

I didnt know this. I think this might be my next phone then. Altough I keep hearing rumors that WP7 could be another dying OS. I dont want to jump from one dying OS to another.

I purchased a HTC EVO Shift for my wife a couple weeks ago. The phone was awesome for about a week, but now I could care less for it.

I really enjoy webOS. I dont know where to go after my contract is up Nov 2012. I guess I still have some extra time for researching.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)