1.    #1  
    I LOVE Dr. Podder but my Pre- has died and I've been "forced" to enter the Android ecosystem with the Motorola Photon. Oh, how I miss so many things about my Pre especially Dr. Podder! Is there an equivalent Android app that would allow me to stream podcasts from my own server AND remember where I left off between listening sessions? Streaming from my PC is not an option for me. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I LOVE Dr. Podder but my Pre- has died and I've been "forced" to enter the Android ecosystem with the Motorola Photon. Oh, how I miss so many things about my Pre especially Dr. Podder! Is there an equivalent Android app that would allow me to stream podcasts from my own server AND remember where I left off between listening sessions? Streaming from my PC is not an option for me. Thanks for your help!
    You could look into using the built-in Google Listen, it's not as nice DrPodder, but nothing is.

Pick up a Pixi+ or a Veer just for that!

~ $37 no contract Verizon one
    http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Pixi-Plus...bosnation0e-20

~ $76 no contract unlocked GSM one
    http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Pixi-Plus...bosnation0e-20

and Veer's on eBay will set you back about $150 ATT no contract locked
    I went through the same Dr. Podder withdrawal as you are now.

The short answer is no, there is nothing as good as Dr. Podder available on android. Some of that is due to the developer being great at what he does, and some is due to the different layout that android offers for apps.

But, Beyond Pod is a good alternative. I have gone ahead and upgraded to the paid version, but the free version is also very good.

BeyondPod offers a lot of the same functionality of Dr. Podder. It isnt quite as easy to use, but it is the best I've found on Android. Make sure you check out the Settings for Beyond Pod because it offers a lot of functionality that is not apparent at first glance.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dinod View Post
    You could look into using the built-in Google Listen, it's not as nice DrPodder, but nothing is.
    Thanks for the recommendation but I don't see how I can use Google Listen to stream my own podcasts from my server. Maybe I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by dinod View Post
    Pick up a Pixi+ or a Veer just for that!

~ $37 no contract Verizon one
    Amazon.com: Palm Pixi Plus Verizon Cell Phone ~ No Contract: Cell Phones & Accessories

~ $76 no contract unlocked GSM one
    Amazon.com: Palm Pixi Plus GSM with WebOS, Touch Screen, 2 MP Camera and Wi-Fi - Unlocked Phone - US Warranty - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

and Veer's on eBay will set you back about $150 ATT no contract locked
    I really have no desire to carry around two phones!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    I went through the same Dr. Podder withdrawal as you are now.

The short answer is no, there is nothing as good as Dr. Podder available on android. Some of that is due to the developer being great at what he does, and some is due to the different layout that android offers for apps.

But, Beyond Pod is a good alternative. I have gone ahead and upgraded to the paid version, but the free version is also very good.

BeyondPod offers a lot of the same functionality of Dr. Podder. It isnt quite as easy to use, but it is the best I've found on Android. Make sure you check out the Settings for Beyond Pod because it offers a lot of functionality that is not apparent at first glance.
    I'm researching BeyondPod now. Thanks for the reco.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation but I don't see how I can use Google Listen to stream my own podcasts from my server. Maybe I missed something.
    wait wait wait!!

You want to stream from YOUR computer / server??

The BEST solution that I wish webOS had

AudioGalaxy

Audiogalaxy - Your Music. Your Playlists. Hit Play from Anywhere.

It is awesome
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Pardon my ignorance, but why must the podcasts be streamed from your server? Why not let your device steam them directly from their respective sources?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Or, let your device download them ahead of time...
    Guys, you might consider continuing this conversation over on our sister-site AndroidCentral.

Thank you