Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Goyena
  1.    #1  
    we got it home and opened the box. It was a bit of a pain to get it out because of the fake display that they tape it down with.

She could not even use it until it synched with iTunes. I couldn't believe it. It wouldn't even turn on. I do not even want Apple software on my PC!

Second, this little $225 device doesn't even come with a charger!! What's up with that!?!??!!? For $225, they can't even throw in a charger? All she got was an adapter cable from iPod to USB.

Speaking of iPod cable, it has no micro-USB jack, so she can't charge it in the car unless she brings her special iPod cable. Another pain in the ****.

So why does everyone brag on Apple so much?
    Everything has advantages and disadvantages.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    My daughter's iPod Touch is horrible. She won it for selling Girl Scout Cookies, or else it would have never come in the house. The latest development is that it will not sync with any of the computers we have in the house, so we cannot update the software. Apple tech support and forums are no help either (shocking). Makes the over-the-air updates look great.

On the plus side, it has made my wife reconsider the purchase of the new iPhone on Sprint...
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    The requirement to tether to a computer is really annoying. That is supposed to go away with iOS 5 in the fall.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post
    The requirement to tether to a computer is really annoying. That is supposed to go away with iOS 5 in the fall.
    I can see rburtz rolling his eyes: an update to fix not being able to update... ;-)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    rburtz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I can see rburtz rolling his eyes: an update to fix not being able to update... ;-)
    i've pretty much given up on it. It works for her as is, so I'm not going to get frustrated while trying to update it. I was very close to throwing the damn thing across the room, which would have fixed the problem too.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)