1.    #1  
    I enjoy my Veer. A lot. All my friends refer to it as my "cute phone" because it is so small while they all have 4" Android phones. I think the Veer is slick, tiny, and does a lot of what I need.

However, with that being said it does have glaring software issues that won't be fixed at this point. I originally purchased the Veer to work with my Touchpad, but that has also been thrown out the development window.

I am thinking about jumping ship to an iPhone. I need something that does e-mail and internet and Google maps well. The hardware needs to be great (because I've never had that luxury with Palm/HP). I have not been impressed with the jumble of Android phones that are out there.

With the new iPhone 5 being announced soon I am hoping they make something in a small form factor as opposed to the typical 4" screens. It is said they might be releasing 2 versions of the iPhone. I think a small phone is where it is at for me.

Anyone else have the same thinking as me?
    Well I have an IPhone 4 and I was thinking about getting a veer to use with my Touchpad. Have you used your Touchpad to tether with the Veer? I was hoping to use Freetether so I don't have to pay for tethering with the IPhone.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The veer does not work with the touch pad willburjoe
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    The Veer works 100% with TP except TTS.

What are you trying to do?
    <<Thread Moved>>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    The Veer works 100% with TP except TTS.

What are you trying to do?
    SMS to the Touchpad doesn't work either.

Frustrating because that's a feature I would use often.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    SMS to the Touchpad doesn't work either.

Frustrating because that's a feature I would use often.
    Mine works perfectly. I can SMS, Call and Skype from my TP through the Veer with no problems. :Cool
    Mine works perfectly. I can SMS, Call and Skype from my TP through the Veer with no problems. :Cool
    Well then you're like the only one. Are you sure it's not just syncing over the list of old texts from your initial Palm Profile restore, because I know that's confused people before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well then you're like the only one. Are you sure it's not just syncing over the list of old texts from your initial Palm Profile restore, because I know that's confused people before.
    Agreed, unless you are doing on of the crazy work around. SMS does not work as it should on a 2.2 device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I can't sms thru iphone but can thru veer. No crazy workarounds intalled
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilburjoe View Post
    Well I have an IPhone 4 and I was thinking about getting a veer to use with my Touchpad. Have you used your Touchpad to tether with the Veer? I was hoping to use Freetether so I don't have to pay for tethering with the IPhone.

FreeTether works great with the Veer.

I was hoping to get the SMS update so the Veer and TouchPad would work together, but that won't be happening anymore. :/
    I can't sms thru iphone but can thru veer. No crazy workarounds intalled
    You sir are the only person that has this feature without a Pre3.