Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI...See link.

Take care,

Jay

HP TouchPad Gets More Green With Latest Cyanogenmod Fixes.

Mike Norris
    September 18, 2011 12:00 pm

HP TouchPad Gets More Green With Latest Cyanogenmod Fixes.

The race to get the TouchPad up and running with the latest and greatest version of Android and fully functional to boot got another couple of checkboxes marked off this weekend. The talented Cyanogenmod developers whipped up a video showcasing the TouchPad’s newly added features compliments of Cyanogenmod 7: unctional WiFi, access to the Android Market, audio (albeit a bit fast) and an operational accelerometer.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Can't wait till ICS is out.
    HTC Sensation, HP TouchPad, iPod touch 4th generation ...
    they might better hurry. The longer I use my TP, the less I feel a need to change (or dual boot)
    If you feel that way now, I sure hope ICS bring some killer features, as 3.0 was ok, droid maybe does but TP multitasks like a pro.

Once you get used to the TP swipe multitasking and effortless switching for me droid didn't lol, I should ad I had a Xoom.

Even the poor old iPad 2 has been gathering dust....

Barry
    Last edited by barryb20; 09/19/2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I have no intention of usjng android on my TP. This os with the card system, gestures and multitasking is so much better. This comes from a galaxy tab owner/user which has not been turned on since I got my TP.
    All I want is swype on the WebOS and I'm happy. No need for Android.
    Rnp and Typo Lad like this.
    I'm getting fed up of trying to swipe up from the bottom on my SGS we need card functionality in android.

but yeah I would love SWYPE on webOS
    Cyanogenmod is a whole different animal than stock Android. While I would easily pick webOS over ICS, Cyanogenmod does stuff with gestures and mutli-tasking that make installing it (at least as a double boot) a no brainier to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Cyanogenmod is a whole different animal than stock Android. While I would easily pick webOS over ICS, Cyanogenmod does stuff with gestures and mutli-tasking that make installing it (at least as a double boot) a no brainier to me.
    Has anyone seen ICS running on a tablet? I looked for some videos or otherwise and there really isn't much for me to get excited about. Actually, I guess that is my problem with Android...not much to get excited about. Android has some interesting hardware optimization, but I still get the impression it was slapped together configuration wise and not quite done OS wise. Maybe ICS will fix this and I can only hope it gets better. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    I have no intention of usjng android on my TP. This os with the card system, gestures and multitasking is so much better. This comes from a galaxy tab owner/user which has not been turned on since I got my TP.
    What gestures? My Droid with ADW EX has more gestures going than my TouchPad.

Beating a dead horse...

People confuse multitasking with task switching. Yes, cards are a pretty nice way to have a visual of currently running apps. But not every card is actually at work. No loading websites in the background for example.

Some people will say: the card is loading the website, just not rendering it. Than what's the point of the card?

I can backup my SMS in the background while surfing around on my phone. Which is not to say that you can't do this with webOS. The point is that you can on Android.

Regardless, looking forward to this on the TP. It looks like it'll be super fast. Kind of hoping for dual boot. Seems like it'd be safer that way.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post

Regardless, looking forward to this on the TP. It looks like it'll be super fast. Kind of hoping for dual boot. Seems like it'd be safer that way.
    what really impresses me is that video is done on a single core which itself is being tied up by an audio bug - once they get both cores running (which I believe they already have) and other bugs straight... this is going to be one fast android device...
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    what really impresses me is that video is done on a single core which itself is being tied up by an audio bug - once they get both cores running (which I believe they already have) and other bugs straight... this is going to be one fast android device...
    Yes, it's kind of amazing how far they've come in such little time. I imagine that ICS will take even less time once they get CM7 worked out.
    No need for Android.
    I agree!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    As an Android "nub", what is ICS, and how does it differ from Cynogenmod?
    I am just not seeing the whole Android appeal vs WebOS vs Apple. There is large app market. That would be cool and Netflix. Besides that..... What is the appeal?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Ummm CM7's multitasking is no different to stock Android aka ugly as sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by redfarm View Post
    I am just not seeing the whole Android appeal vs WebOS vs Apple. There is large app market. That would be cool and Netflix. Besides that..... What is the appeal?
    Well, a web browser that works better, a PDF reader that is usable, a *lot* more options, settings and customisations possible, a future, ... Etc ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    Ummm CM7's multitasking is no different to stock Android aka ugly as sin.
    I assume we're talking about switching between tasks here, rather than applications running in parallel, but I agree in that one of the interesting things I've found since getting the Touchpad is that although switching is actually quicker on Android (a hold and a tap vs a swipe, another couple of swipes perhaps, and a tap) it's far more satisfying and intuitive on the Touchpad.

It would be great, though, if we could use a gesture to swipe sideways between running apps on the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    It would be great, though, if we could use a gesture to swipe sideways between running apps on the Touchpad.
    You used to be able to do this on webOS 2.* and below, but with the removal of the gesture area from the Touchpad...it went away.
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    If you feel that way now, I sure hope ICS bring some killer features, as 3.0 was ok, droid maybe does but TP multitasks like a pro.

Once you get used to the TP swipe multitasking and effortless switching for me droid didn't lol, I should ad I had a Xoom.

Even the poor old iPad 2 has been gathering dust....

Barry
    How much you wanna sell that dust-gathering iPad2 for?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast