Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by redfarm View Post
    I am just not seeing the whole Android appeal vs WebOS vs Apple. There is large app market. That would be cool and Netflix. Besides that..... What is the appeal?
    You mean besides increasing the entire functionality of your tablet tenfold? Yeah, who'd want to do that?!
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    You mean besides increasing the entire functionality of your tablet tenfold? Yeah, who'd want to do that?!
    Apps (beyond stock apps), in general, don't increase the "entire functionality" of a tablet. They certainly enhance the experience, but having separate apps for Netflix, Youtube, etc are NOT required for a tablet to be "functional".

It's all a matter of preference. Really wish people would just shut up about how "omg this tablet sucks because...!" or "it doesn't have ***, so it's worthless!". How about you try stating WHY you don't like it, and leave it at that? Someone will either find your post useful, or they won't. Hopefully, if they don't, they'll just ignore you.
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I'm a palm ****** from the treosphere, and think webos is slick. Also android themer for the past couple years. I love webOS, but the lack of apps is what's killing me.. and the wifi issues. .. and not being able to use keyboard shortcuts with hp keyboard .
    But aside from that, I love it. It does have the magical appeal that so many other android tablets have failed to capture.

EDIT: haha that looks way worse than it is.. apparently fan-boy is a bad word
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    I just love how us webos guys don't even have Precentral as a safe haven anymore. Sigh...
    Last edited by geeksquadkid; 09/19/2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Rnp and LinuxKoss like this.
    I think it would be cool to be able to dual boot between Android and WebOS. You get the best of both worlds. If I could not dual boot then I would stay with WebOS.
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCaptivate View Post
    I think it would be cool to be able to dual boot between Android and WebOS. You get the best of both worlds. If I could not dual boot then I would stay with WebOS.
    The point of a tablet is always on, quick jump into app/browser. Not wasting time switching between OSs.
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    The point of a tablet is always on, quick jump into app/browser. Not wasting time switching between OSs.
    The point of a tablet is to be used as a portable computing device. HOW you use it is entirely up to you.
    It is not a wast of time if your are using an app that is not available on the other such as Netflix ect....Intergrated email in WebOS......Each has their benefits.

The point of a tablet is to use it any way you want.
    Funny, I was just about to post that in my own words.

The point of buying consumer electronics for myself is to choose how I use them, and make uses for them.

Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    The point of a tablet is to be used as a portable computing device. HOW you use it is entirely up to you.
    Funny, I guess now I just posted that in my own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    How much you wanna sell that dust-gathering iPad2 for?
    No need to buy them from members on here. Just look on Kijiji.. there's a ton of them on there.
    It is not a wast of time if your are using an app that is not available on the other such as Netflix ect....Intergrated email in WebOS......Each has their benefits.

The point of a tablet is to use it any way you want.
    Not a problem if you have TWO TouchPads! You can leave one booted to webOS and the other runs Android.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Why do people think that integrated email is not available on other platforms? It's certainly available on android.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12