Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

September 14, 2011
    For Android Users, a Cure for iTunes Withdrawal
    By BOB TEDESCHI

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/te...gewanted=print

A few weeks ago, I pulled off a major feat for a fortysomething relic in the company of a 15-year-old. I taught him something cool about his phone.

After my friend’s son, Davis, described the advantages of his Droid X, he came to its “one big downside.”

“I can’t get my iTunes music on it,” he said.

“I’ve got an app for you,” I said. “DoubleTwist.”

He looked it up on his phone. “Wow,” he said. “That’s it.”
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I consider not having itunes an upside.
    I have it on my computer for my ipad and I hate it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Syndil and OrionAntares#CB like this.
    itunes did something weird to my mac and now some of my recordings lost their name, others are now in unknown artist folders, all garbled up, still others not in the library at all--I had this all set up and named in folders before itunes decided to redo everything.
    Couldn't you drag and drop your music. Tried doubletwist and it didnt feel as good as itunes synching. Its much easier to use google music.
  5.    #5  
    Hi all,

It amazes me the lengths people go to to get around Apple/iTunes draconian rules, with programs to trick Apple/iTunes, 3rd party programs etc...........I think in the end iTunes will be forced to have a separation from Apple and what devices are and aren't acceptable to Apple...

Apple and iTunes are being investigated over this subject by the DOJ, numerous states and a number of private lawsuits....

To me it's about the same as the Movie Studios owning the movie theaters and controlling the marketplace....the DOJ ended that decades ago and I assume it will eventually happen here as well.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    I consider not having itunes an upside.
    Yup, and throw Quicktime in there while you're at it.

I won't consider an apple product unless I can use it without itunes/quicktime.

FWIW, J. River Media Center is what itunes should have been as far as a computer based music application.

-Suntan
    I consider iTunes and Quicktime to be malware. And I'm not being flippant.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I consider iTunes and Quicktime to be malware. And I'm not being flippant.
    Hi, I see your point b/c Apple tries to update both of them all of the time! I'm very sorry Jobs' is ill however he acted like a child in blocking the Pre and other devices.....Apple needs to grow up!

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    To me it's about the same as the Movie Studios owning the movie theaters and controlling the marketplace....the DOJ ended that decades ago and I assume it will eventually happen here as well.
    There's a slight difference with your comparison: when the studios owned the theaters, that was the only choice to watch a movie for many; it was a monopoly.

Consumers today do have many choices and music purchased from iTunes isn't restricted to iTunes. The only restriction enforced is if you have an iDevice, that is the only way you can sync your music (at least until iOS 5 hits, and then iTunes isn't needed at all).