1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI...see link.

Take care,

Jay

Has the iPhone lost its cool?

By Hayley Tsukayama, Updated: Tuesday, September 13, 5:03 PM

Has the iPhone lost its cool? - The Washington Post

Martin Fitcher, head of HTC’s U.S. operations, said Monday that he thinks the iPhone is losing its cache among the younger generation. At least, that’s what he hears from his daughter’s classmates at Reed College in Portland, Ore.

“I talked to a few of the kids on her floor,” Fitcher told a crowd at the Mobile Future Forward conference in downtown Seattle, GeekWire reported. “And none of them has an iPhone because they told me: ‘My dad has an iPhone.’ There’s an interesting thing that’s going on in the market. The iPhone becomes a little less cool than it was.” He went on to say that while other Apple products like the MacBook Air were popular on campus, student phones tended to be made by Samsung, HTC or other manufacturers.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Let's see... still the #1 selling phone on Verizon & AT&T nearly 15 months after it's release.

Hardly... wait until the unprecedented rush comes for the iPhone 5
    As I said in another thread, it's never cool to follow the herd. iPhone = mooooooo
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Says the man who heads a competing companies' U.S. operations.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Yes, but it's found it's mojo. Now if it can just find it's patents before Samsung's lawyers turn up...
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    It was never cool with me. I'm getting a Windows Phone 7.5 next month!!!
    i'm not taking my advice on what's cool from "GeekWire."
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  8.    #8  
    H all,

Unless someone licenses or buys webOS, I sadly will be going with a Epic (I truly don't want to go with Android but there aren't great choices out there), b/c I will only buy a smartphone/PDA with a keyboard...I refuse to type on glass especially from Apple which feels that Steve Jobs choice of only on type of phone is no choice at all...after all Jobs refuses to understand that many people don't like to type on glass or many of us want a removable battery! It reminds me of Henry Ford saying you can have the car in any color you want as long as it's black...

(Apple's iOS is losing market share and he/they still don't get it)...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    mjkjr likes this.
    in the case of that daughter and classmates, tbh most kids wanna be unique or show off, hard to show off and be unique when their all clutching carbon copy devices.

it would be like all workers in the world going to work in the same dull grey ford car with the same interior, same wheels, same lights, same blah etc.

not v fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    H all,

Unless someone licenses or buys webOS, I sadly will be going with a Epic
    What phone do you use now?
    This just in. CEO of McDonald's says more young people eat at McDonald's than Burger King. Bases thoughts on interviews in line at McDonald's.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    mjkjr likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    How are those memoirs coming along Jay?
    Someone should be kicking you till you ooze prose
    What a waste of talent.
    Hi actually my talent was designing maintaining and installing interior Plantscaping in cruise ships, office building restaurants and private homes....I did so from when I was 15 until I was 38...

Only one of the three Cruise ships I worked on and designed the plantscaping sails any longer.,.....the Seaborne Pride. The QE II no longer sails and the this ship parent Cruise line went out of business years ago, (Odessa America Cruise Line)....Odessa America "Gruziya" (Grew she a), which now sails for anther line and was once again refitted and re-christened the Van Gogh. It was a nice small ship that started life as a steam ferry and converted to a cruise ship...

The QE II which right now is in Dubai with it's future up in the air...it may go thru another retro fit and turned into a floating hotel..for a cost of $100 million.

My work on the ship was before and after the $137 million retrofit that changed it from diesel steam to diesel electric, all of the cabins were redone with about 5 stores and multi level 1st class cabins were added.

She is old for a cruise ship and running a ship as a hotel is a very costly matter...however, I doubt that the frame old the ship could stand up to be a cruse ship any longer.

The ship had several levels added onto it 1987, which placed substantial stress on the rest of the ship....These upper decks were extremely heavy, thus changed the way the ship handled in the water. the added cabins including the Queen Elizabeth & Queen Mary Suites were very heavily laddened with marble and granite. The added about 50 stores on a approx 3 level atrium which replaced the old mid ships lounge.

The added weight, height and stress to hull made navigating rough waters difficult to say the least...on it's last leg of a World cruise on the way to NYC, where I was to re-board the ship...the waters were so rough that the 9 ft Steinway Concert Grand Piano was demolished. (the piano was affixed to the stage where it's legs sat in custom made square collets or very heavy square piping that was welded directly to the stage. The square legs of the piano fit into these collets that go up the entire height of the leg f the piano, (The piano was hoisted up with a crain and a block and tackle to get into place.

The ship is fitted with computer controlled gyro stabilizers but they can only do so much. The force sheered the piano ff it's legs...the body and hard of the piano was throw so hard against the rear of the stage that it was demolished....when I got on the ship all that was left of the piano was three legs standing up in the three collets...

Planters that were 30" diameter and larger had a similar fate. (We had weighted them down with 300 lbs of gravel in the bottom of the planters. The rolled into the baby grand piano in the old midships lounge and crushed it to splinters....

I was told called ship to shore, (no cell service back then), 3 am, (my offices were in what used to be my house and greenhouses in Flushing Queens, NYC...2 days before the ship was to dock in NYC I was expected to go on a 15 day cruise to repair as much of the plantings as possible....(tough work but someone had to do it, LOL)...

My last office cruise line duty was shortly before I sold the business, I was sent to Japan, (I flew to Tokyo) I picked up the ship there....we went around the Japanese Islands, then across the sea of Japan then to the Russian far East 3 stops in Russia across the Bearing Sea to 3 stops in Alaska and flew home from there, that took 21 dys plus travel time to Japan and back from Alaska.

Take care,

Jay
    mjkjr, Furuboru and GuyFromNam like this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    What phone do you use now?
    Hi all,

I'm a dinosaur I'm still using a Centro and will miss it when dies...look how many apps there were for PalmOS....I couldn't get a Pre b/c I still had a contract...then I passed I the Pre2 b/c I wanted a Pre3...haha on me...even from a Centro the Veer was too small...like I said ahahah on me!

take care,

Jay
    Another way to look at it is you were spared the emotional highs and lows that made up webOS' entire existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a dinosaur I'm still using a Centro and will miss it when dies...look how many apps there were for PalmOS....I couldn't get a Pre b/c I still had a contract...then I passed I the Pre2 b/c I wanted a Pre3...haha on me...even from a Centro the Veer was too small...like I said ahahah on me!

take care,

Jay
    You can probably get a pre 2 for next to nothing now.
    Love my Pixi. Putting 2.1 on it. Probably still a bit smaller than a Centro though I guess.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    You can probably get a pre 2 for next to nothing now.
    Hi all,

At this point why bother....if I keep the Centro there are tens of thousands of apps and for webOS since HP now ruined it for all of us??

If I get the Epic there are also tens of thousands of apps for it and webOS since HP ruined it for us??

With my luck I'll go and buy a phone and the next day HTC will buy webOS and spring for funding thousands of apps...LOL....

Take care,

jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    As I said in another thread, it's never cool to follow the herd. iPhone = mooooooo
    I would go with flock & bahhhh.
    So, one of those G'zOne Commandos are looking pretty appealing now that webOS is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I would go with flock & bahhhh.
    I actually considered it, but the word "sheeple" has been over-abused by political loudmouths, and I'd hate to be identified with them.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast