Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    Nice. Well i bought a HD-DVD player. That said I sold it last year. lol. Wait what? In your car? lol. I didn't even know they made those.
    Yup. It's a Sony ES, if you remember those. Super high-end stuff. Model is MDX-C8970. I haven't bothered replacing it because... Well I don't need to. It has an AUX input and a great radio tuner, which is all I really need. My CDs don't leave the house. I still have a bunch of them burned to MD, so the MD part actually still gets used. Doesn't have an HD radio though...

MD Community Page: Sony MDX-C8970

Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Yup. It's a Sony ES, if you remember those. Super high-end stuff. Model is MDX-C8970. I haven't bothered replacing it because... Well I don't need to. It has an AUX input and a great radio tuner, which is all I really need. My CDs don't leave the house. I still have a bunch of them burned to MD, so the MD part actually still gets used. Doesn't have an HD radio though...

MD Community Page: Sony MDX-C8970

I understand. I bought certified preowned car a few years back and the dealer insisted they could upgrade the stereo with a higher model that had gps built in. But i declined simply because the lower end model was still very good and unlike the one with gps, it had an aux input. And my sole purpose was to use only my ipod and not cds. I use only my ipod for music. Can't even tell you what cd's are in the changer.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  3.    #43  
    Hi all,

I listen to talking books from the National Library Service of the Library of Congress, (NLS/LOC), which finally went digital just recently....

My car which is 10 years old and still runs perfectly fine....has of all things a cassette & radio...I've never used it as a radio just to plug my talking book machine!

Take care,

Jay

PS I'll be making less postings b/c I've been asked not to post non webOS or HP news from now on...J
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    PS I'll be making less postings b/c I've been asked not to post non webOS or HP news from now on...J
    Wow really... Pretty dumb considering we haven't had much news of our own lately. Except for people complaining about not having an October issue of Pivot to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Okaaayyy... so I guess the 8 "Other Platforms" sub-forums are going to be pretty quiet from now on...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Wow really... Pretty dumb considering we haven't had much news of our own lately. Except for people complaining about not having an October issue of Pivot to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Okaaayyy... so I guess the 8 "Other Platforms" sub-forums are going to be pretty quiet from now on...
    Hi,

so sorry guys, but I don't make the rules and since I was asked I can only follow what they asked me to do....

...hopefully someone will buy webOS and we will have a ton of stuff to talk about....I still think it's going to be Amazon....up until last night I thought it would go for a very cheap price... but something I read and posted about makes me think Amazon is interested in more than just Palm's patents and webOS...I think they want HP's ownership of patents and work they did on using your smartphone as a wallet....since they already own Paypal they have a check/credit card division. I don't think HP did much work on it as they only recently bough the company in question.

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Well thanks a lot for your work Jay, a lot of links have been helpful to me when I am writing (I research and write about mobile technology usage).

Best

CGK

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    SmartFah likes this.
  8.    #48  
    Hi, your welcome...I'll still be posting...but until there is major news about webOS such as it's old to Amazon or whom ever...

I can say this, I would be rich if I got a buck for ever article I've read about Amazon & webOS! LOL!

Take care,

jay
    Lame. Not the first time I have been disappointed in the mods here. Just post everything in "Off Topic", Jay. Or would that be too on-topic yet too off-topic for the Off Topic forum? sheesh...
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    ilovedessert likes this.
  10.    #50  
    Hi all,

I was left with the definite impression that the subject matter of Android and iOS were too far off topic to be placed in the off topic section....that begs the question why have an off topic section?

It isn't as if I was forcing anyone to read the other tablet section or the off topic section.

Besides, I don't think the Mods got the reality of the situation...yes we went to 1,000 app for the TouchPad rather quickly....but those apps were all being worked on BEFORE HP pulled the plug...unless someone or some firm buys webOS so this site will have almost nothing to post at all!

Right now 99.9% of the articles to be posted are either about another fire sale of hardware or the sale of webOS...at this point I don't see webOS being saved by a licensing deal...it needs to be sold to someone who will nurture it along...why would another firm licensed webOS and then pay to have apps written or ported only to make money for HP? Don't forget that Leo said they would pay to have apps written, pay and/or supply the manpower to do so and basically lied about it....(BTW someone said in one of the threads that they didn't feel that Leo lied in as much as the board had a change of heart when they realized how much it would cost....to quote Delta Burke in Designing Women, "you can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig")!

This site is a revenue stream for the owners...if hardly anything is posted why would anyone come to the site at all? I've only posted a few of the hundreds and hundreds of articles I read about a possible sale to Amazon....after all how many of those can I post?

Since webOS is on life support aren't the Mods putting this site on life support as well???

Take care,

Jay
    Yeah, it's just a silly decision, IMO. No such thing as too much information. webOS is twisting in the wind, and anything else that comes along is a competitor, so it's all relevant anyway... IMO.

But whatever. Not my sandbox.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123