Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #21  
    Hi all,

I never understood why so many people want a phone that you can't replace the battery yourself....you have to lug all kinds gadgets to recharge the iPhone battery or a case with a built in battery...why was it so important to Jobs' that he had to have his way so that it could be 1 micron thinner...same thing about a keyboard...Apple made what Steve Jobs wanted in a phone not necessarily what others wanted in a phone...it's easier & cheaper to carry an extra battery then all that other crap!

I won't be happy without a keyboard and without a removable and user replaceable battery....

If that means I'm not with the IN crowd...then so be it....I traveled to the beat of a different drummer all my life...why should I be like everyone else and give in to what Jobs wanted for HIS phone???

...no thank you!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I never understood why so many people want a phone that you can't replace the battery yourself....
    With Apple, function follows form. Form above all else.

To me, the Pixi epitomizes the perfect marriage of function and form. In other words, if someone offered me a choice of getting a free iPhone or a free Pixi... I'd take the iPhone, sell it to some schmuck, and then buy as many Pixis as I wanted. :P
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    With Apple, function follows form. Form above all else.

To me, the Pixi epitomizes the perfect marriage of function and form. In other words, if someone offered me a choice of getting a free iPhone or a free Pixi... I'd take the iPhone, sell it to some schmuck, and then buy as many Pixis as I wanted. :P
    LOL!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi all,

At this point why bother....if I keep the Centro there are tens of thousands of apps and for webOS since HP now ruined it for all of us??
    Well according to most on these boards there is nothing wrong with the Pre 2. So i figured if what you care about most is WebOS then a Pre 2 would be just fine. Plus i've heard many argue that you don't need apps if you have flash. plus i also saw pixis for like almost nothing too. Besides if after all this time you're still using an old Centro it's not like you need a phone that's recent.

Hi all,

I never understood why so many people want a phone that you can't replace the battery yourself....you have to lug all kinds gadgets to recharge the iPhone battery or a case with a built in battery...
    I'd guess they are like me. They almost never remove there phone battery and don't own two batteries. I only remember removing the battery on my pre twice, to give Customer Service the number the day i got it when porting my old number and to force a reset and i only own the battery that came with it. If you're like me even if you can take the battery out its not an issue because you don't.

why was it so important to Jobs' that he had to have his way so that it could be 1 micron thinner...same thing about a keyboard...Apple made what Steve Jobs wanted in a phone not necessarily what others wanted in a phone...it's easier & cheaper to carry an extra battery then all that other crap!

If that means I'm not with the IN crowd...then so be it....I traveled to the beat of a different drummer all my life...why should I be like everyone else and give in to what Jobs wanted for HIS phone???

...no thank you!
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you don't like Steve Jobs or Apple.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.

...no thank you!

Take care,

Jay
    Well, you shouldn't give in and buy a form factor you don't like. But you have to accept you're in a small minority that actually likes physical keyboards and that there won't be many options to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Well, you shouldn't give in and buy a form factor you don't like. But you have to accept you're in a small minority that actually likes physical keyboards and that there won't be many options to choose from.
    Plenty of phones with physical keyboards. Probably just as many or more than those without. Touchscreens are the "in" thing right now, but fads come and go.

Cue signature... ↓↓↓
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Plenty of phones with physical keyboards. Probably just as many or more than those without. Touchscreens are the "in" thing right now, but fads come and go.

Cue signature... ↓↓↓
    I'm sure virtual keyboards will go away any day now.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 09/19/2011 at 11:20 PM.
    They'll never go away, but physical keyboards aren't going away either. Some might even say they're making a comeback.

Just wait, soon Apple will release an iPhone with a physical keyboard, and then everyone will be all, "Yeah, physical keyboards! Because typing on glass sux0rz! Thank you Apple for innovating!"

And I will roll my eyes as loudly as I can while muttering obscenities to myself.

P.S. The stylus is already making a comeback, too.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  9.    #29  
    They'll never go away, but physical keyboards aren't going away either. Some might even say they're making a comeback.

Just wait, soon Apple will release an iPhone with a physical keyboard, and then everyone will be all, "Yeah, physical keyboards! Because typing on glass sux0rz! Thank you Apple for innovating!"

And I will roll my eyes as loudly as I can while muttering obscenities to myself.

Hi, I'm sure your right now that Jobs has stepped down!

Take care, Jay
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you don't like Steve Jobs or Apple.
    Hi all,

I greatly admire Jobs...too bad he bought into his own hype...I also want to be the first to say, I do hope he gets better with the awful battle of health issues he's facing.

My problem with him is that he bought into his own hype...he became all the things he so vehemently accused MS of being....Apple stopped listing to it's customers and It started telling it's customers they way it supposed to be, not the other way around...

Apple dictates to it's customers what he says they want....He doesn't play well with others...Apple is suing everyone and Frankly the lawsuit with Germany is nonsense...claiming the shape of the iPad is patented...yeah right...especially since Apple is now being counter-sued all over the place...all of this is only making Apple look worse...Apple is petty and childish over what devices can even use the iTunes store....if they opened it 1 non Apple device then it should be open to all..

Take care,

Jay
    Hi all,

I greatly admire Jobs...
    If you say so.

Apple stopped listing to it's customers ...
    started telling it's customers they way it supposed to be, not the other way around...

Apple dictates to it's customers .....

Jay
    Apple's "dictating?" come on. Nobody is forcing people to buy apple stuff. HP and Palm tried to dictate what people bought, a vertical slider. Hell i didn't want that. I'd have preferred a slab then a horizontal. I'm free to not buy the product. And that's what people do. Peopled didn't buy hp phones and tablets. No different from apple. If they didn't want it they wouldn't buy it. Just like with HP phones consumers are free to choose another product if they are unsatisfied. The proof that Apple has it right is massive sales every year and they have the highest customer satisfaction in the industry according to JD Power. iPhone Ranks #1 On Customer Satisfaction Charts Once Again, Study Reveals | Redmond Pie If people buy their products they are succeeding. Seems the people complaining about their products are not their customers.

lol. Ok. Sure. I'm gonna bring back minidiscs too. lol.
  12.    #32  
    Hi all,

I love the stylus but for another reason...I use a styli/pen on my Centro..it's nice to have a pen when you need one.

Take care,

Jay
    Apple makes what they think the market will want and, since the original iPod, they've been right far more often than they've been wrong.

I don't know how anyone can accuse Apple of trying to shove the slab design down our throats when that's what people want. 95% of the smartphones on the market prove the slab design works.
    The iPhone becomes a little less cool than it was.” He went on to say that while other Apple products like the MacBook Air were popular on campus, student phones tended to be made by Samsung, HTC or other manufacturers.
    As I said in another thread, it's never cool to follow the herd. iPhone = mooooooo
    I have an iPhone, had it for three years. It's time to switch.

iOS 5. Don't get your hopes up. It might not be as revolutionary as you might think.

Who knows? The iPhone is probably going to end up being the biggest fad there ever was. Do you see the way the world is just bonkers about it? It's in every movie, every commercial, every music video.

It would appear that they are as common as trees. But they're not.
  15.    #35  
    Hi all,

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned something to the effect of that Apple help make the keyboard obsolete....

We are talking about many people who don't know a smartphone from a dumb phone...recently several people said to me they didn't know that phones EVER had a keyboard.....I consider those people followers of a herd and have no idea what a smart phone can actually do other than the 5 or so apps they use. Especially when you read poll after poll that the vast majority of people never use more than a few apps, but the load their phone up with apps, would only buy a phone that has lots of apps available and then never use them...I know I can go six lifetimes without ever having owned or ever wanting to own an app that simulated the noise of bodily functions...(Thank you I'm 55 not 12)...

I wonder how many people buy Apple products because the are perceived as cool as opposed to liking them...

Take care,

jay
    And we've come full circle to the "iPhone only has fart apps" argument!

May I suggest that, as a Treo user, you really don't know exactly how deep and useful the modern mobile application can be?
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    lol. Ok. Sure. I'm gonna bring back minidiscs too. lol.
    This thread is pretty much done, but funny story... I actually have a Minidisc head unit in my car.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    This thread is pretty much done, but funny story... I actually have a Minidisc head unit in my car.
    Nice. Well i bought a HD-DVD player. That said I sold it last year. lol. Wait what? In your car? lol. I didn't even know they made those.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Hello Jay. I have use the iPhone before, so far I just don't really feel like it is the phone I want/need. I had the Palm Pre since launch day and I loved it, this last Saturday (9-17-11) after thinking over and over about it, I finally made the jump to Android. I did try the Evo 4G and the 3D on their respective launch day each for 30 days and I felt more comfortable with Android then with iOS.
    I had very high hopes on the Pre3, unfortunately stupid Leo Idiotheker killed those hopes, and since I was ready for a world phone (planning on visiting family in Mexico this Christmas), I got me the Motorola Photon, so far I really like it and enjoy it a lot more then the Evos.

The battery on my Pre is still the original one, I always have a car charger available so getting the battery out of the phone is something that I might not need. Anyway, the Photon's battery lasts a lot more with heavy use then the battery on the Pre and the Evos I used in the past.

As for the keyboard, I do definitely miss my Pre's physical keyboard, and not only that but I often try to delete something by swiping it to the side or try to use gestures to go back to another thing only to see that nothing happens! I MISS GESTURESSSS!!!!

Well, I miss a lot of things from my beloved webOS, at least I still have my "PalmPad" (yes I know is called a HP TouchPad! I don't care, it was meant to be the PalmPad!)
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    ilovedessert likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast