Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tirk
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I found this interesting b/c this is one way that Samsung may get out from Apple's lawsuits...since MS is suing Google and taking settle money that they will refund if MS loses to Google....Since Google used patented software as the basis of Android OS, that are now owned by MS.

Now I hope I got this down correctly.....See Link.

Take care,

Jay

Friday, September 9, 2011 6:56 AM EST
    Is Samsung Dumping Android to Tie Knot With Windows?
    By CAF

Is Samsung Dumping Android to Tie Knot With Windows? - International Business Times

Google Inc.'s Android has emerged as the top platform for smartphones, with a market share of more than 40%, and Samsung is the top seller of Android powered smartphones and tablets.

But according to a report, Samsung Electronics may unveil a tablet powered by Microsoft Corp.'s Windows 8, marking the South Korean company's first collaboration with the software giant.

A shift to Windows?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I wonder if Nokia are happy about this? They seem to have bet the farm on what looked like an exclusive deal with MS to help them change their image as a dumb-phone (you know what I mean!) maker, only to have one of the trendier smart-phone makers apparently cutting in.

It would also leave HTC as the largest smartphone maker without a "close" tie to an OS maker wouldn't it, depending on how this was regarded. We'd have:

Apple/Apple
    RIM/RIM
    Google/Motorola
    MS/Nokia & Samsung

or is that too neat?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Cry, Nokia... Cry...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,

I posted this b/c I thought it was interesting..... not b/c I thought it was necessarily true...keep in mind not a week or two ago...we all thought they were going to buy webOS....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group