1.    #1  
    Really??? Samsung rather buy a OS that has NO traction at all instead of webos which is great??? I dont get it

Samsung interested in Meego, report says | Wireless - CNET News
    You really can't believe half of the stuff you see in the tech press unless it's confirmed by the companies themselves. Too many of them "embellish" any small bit news or rumor just to put out a scoop. Too many people chasing too little hard news.

Make up a good one and someone will pick it up as news. Posted a joke a few days ago about Oracle and Mark Hurd's revenge - by buying HP's PSG, and later saw chatter as though it were a real possibility. Don't think that was my fault, but you never know .

Also companies sometimes float 'trial balloons' - speculative news stories to gauge response or to manipulate behind the scenes negotiations.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Samsung, Microsoft tie up for new tablet

Seems Samsung has thrown their hat into Windows for their tablets...So now they're supporting Windows, Android... I think the chances for Webos is getting dimmer with Samsung.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    You really can't believe half of the stuff you see in the tech press unless it's confirmed by the companies themselves. Too many of them "embellish" any small bit news or rumor just to put out a scoop. Too many people chasing too little hard news.

Yep - Tech news is pretty shocking, half of the rumours are simply started by the sites reporting on them.
    Well... Intel told that gonna back off Meego...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)