1.    #1  
    I just saw this review. Whoa!! This looks like a super cool Palm OS smartphone!

Some specs:
    66 MHz Motorola Dragonball processor
    TFT color screen with 160 x 240 pixels
    16 MB RAM
    integrated support for CDMA2000 1xRTT
    weighs in at 5.82 ounces (165 g)
    measurements:4.92" x 2.36" x 0.71" (12.5 x 6.5 x 1.8 cm).

Alas, there is no integrated BT though! RATS!!! Would have been nice for 144 Kbps data transfers!http://www.infosync.no/news/2002/n/2632.html
    I just 'downgraded' from an i300 to a Visor/DigitalLink combo. Althought the Prism is larger with the springboard module in it, I get almost all the functionality of my beloved i300, plus a larger screen and 16-BIT color. I really liked the i300 but I only really lost in the size department and speakerphone options. I sold the Samsung for about $200 and bought a mint prism for $150, and got the DL springboard off the freebie deal.

The samsung screen is the worst color screen out there, and it is only 256 color, and apparently they are using the same screen on the 330. You had better play with it in person before dropping $400+ on this gadget. It still was a spiffy gadget, but doesn't hold its own anymore with all the new machines coming out...

Samsung could have had a slam dunk if they had used the ARM processors, external storeage of ANY kind, OS5 and high-res 16-bit support on a good transflective screen. As it stands this is a very incremental upgrade to the i300.

I love my 'new' Prism.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Pat for the heads up! I saw a demo model at the sprint store a while ago but the screen was non functional. It felt and looked very sleek and I definitely will play around with it before I decided plunk any cash!
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Thanks Pat for the heads up! I saw a demo model at the sprint store a while ago but the screen was non functional. It felt and looked very sleek and I definitely will play around with it before I decided plunk any cash!
    After re-reading my post, I wanted to make clear that the i300 was a really cool phone/palm combo. I just really missed the bigger screen and 16-bit color a lot, and didn't realize how little I took advantage of the 'smartphone' options.

BTW you should go to http://www.sphi300.com for a very similar environment to here. I was a long-time VC reader, then when I switched to the Samsung, I frequented the i300 forums there. Now that I am back here I highly recommend their site as a good source for everything related to the Samsung lines of palm/phones.
    Forget the I330, I am waiting for the I500 which should hopefully be around in the next few months!
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!