Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Wave Launcher now supports widgets. If your audio app has widgets to support play/pause/skip/etc. you can assign them to wave launcher and have access to them while your navigation app is running.

Iíve never used wave launcher so I canít comment further on how well it works.

-Suntan
    I really don't like Wave Launcher because the best place to put it means it ends up getting in the way of the keyboard, but I switched to the gingerbread-deck ROM, which has custom statusbar icons for managing music.
    screwdestiny
    PSN ē Twitter ē Last.FM
    [QUOTE=malpha;3111318] And there are little things that bug me, like a couple of days ago I was trying to listen to music and use navigation at the same time over the car bluetooth. It was simple with webOS, but with Android, the navigation app (Telenav) wouldn't dim the music audio when it gave out directions. And when I went back to the music app to pause it (you can't manage the music apps from notifications, you have to use widgets or the actual app) and then back to the nav app, it had lost my trip. [quote/]

Google Nav dims music when giving directions, though I never use it with the stock music app, I use PowerAmp for my music playing. It has a nice lockscreen widget for controlling music, and it works with my headset controls when streaming over bluetooth. Both are much better than having to fiddle around with the phone too much while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    If I want to jump ship.. honestly iOS still better beside lack of flash in browser. Lots of quality app & games if the strongest point of iOS.. and it don't need no #1 high spec hardware to be no#1 best seller phone & tablet.
    I guess you and I are hoping that IOS 5 and the iPhone 5 hopefully heading to Sprint sooner then later will be an answered prayer. Personally, iPhone 4 and prior suck...the software was clunky at best, ATT provided no service 50% of the time, and even Apple knows they need to do better (their down another 5% to Android this month).

I also suspect many Verizon customers are also waiting for iPhone 5 to come out and having it land on Sprint next month as rumors are speculating WOULD BE HUGE since Android does even less for me and I just hope and PRAY the Apple gets it right this time. Sadly though, Apple doesn't have to innovate to keep customers and those that drink the Kool-Aid will continue to do so without question.

My wife has wanted a iPhone on Sprint for like forever and I won't have much time to decide one way or another come next months big transitions. Sorli...
    still a lot saying the touchpad "hardware" sucks and webOS is fine, from what a fair few others have noted tho, its still good hardware wrapped around webOS which doesnt gel/optimise well to the hardware.

quite a few for example have noted the gfx system is rather good but runs slow due to poor optimisation on the webOS side.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Because WebOS not as fortunate as iOS & Android OS which born from rich company. WebOS born from "poor" Palm, and adopted by greedy HP.
    I still prefer Fan base compared to join the crowd and love device that use OS that not suitable for me.

Isn't it ridiculous that Google made chrome browser which I really love, but can't made a decent browser on their own mobile OS (Android)?
    Why we still need 3rd party app? Isn't it really shameful?

BTW have you tried all browser above that you suggest and compared with default browser of WebOS? I'm quite sure default browser on WebOS still better especially show desktop version instead mobile version , and better in handle flash.

I already tried Dolphin HD.. it is sucks! slow and heavy, Opera is better, but it is for mobile browser, not desktop view.. It can do desktop view, but really bad. Firefox , this is the one I haven't tried on my android. If I have time I will try it.
    I have to agree. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I have to say I still prefer to use my Touchpad for web browsing. I really don't like the browsers and email clients on Android. The Dialer sucks big time too. You need a ton of apps just for decent functionality. I have to admit that the Galaxy phone is super fast and does voice recognition very well. I also really dislike having to make my voicemail a contact and having to search it and dial it to get my voice mail. That is the strangest thing I've ever seen. Now having used both IOS, Android, and WebOS. I still prefer webOS but for sheer speed and power my Samsung is pretty darn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I guess you and I are hoping that IOS 5 and the iPhone 5 hopefully heading to Sprint sooner then later will be an answered prayer. Personally, iPhone 4 and prior suck...the software was clunky at best, ATT provided no service 50% of the time, and even Apple knows they need to do better (their down another 5% to Android this month).

I also suspect many Verizon customers are also waiting for iPhone 5 to come out and having it land on Sprint next month as rumors are speculating WOULD BE HUGE since Android does even less for me and I just hope and PRAY the Apple gets it right this time. Sadly though, Apple doesn't have to innovate to keep customers and those that drink the Kool-Aid will continue to do so without question.

My wife has wanted a iPhone on Sprint for like forever and I won't have much time to decide one way or another come next months big transitions. Sorli...
    AppleInsider | Rumor: Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores ahead of iPhone 5

This was also true for VZW before it was announced (installing repeaters in Apple stores).
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I also really dislike having to make my voicemail a contact and having to search it and dial it to get my voice mail. That is the strangest thing I've ever seen.
    Never used a G2, but on most android phones Iíve seen they have a dedicated app/launcher shortcut specifically for accessing your voicemail. In any case, even if you access it as a contact, you can assign contacts as a widget on a screen, giving you one touch access to your voicemail, so you donít need to search for it in your contacts list.

Finally, pressing and holding ď1Ē on the dialer will automatically shortcut to voicemail, so again, you donít need to search for it among your contacts list.

-Suntan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12