View Poll Results: Which OS will you switch to?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • iOS

33 26.40%
  • Windows Phone 7

33 26.40%
  • Android

50 40.00%
  • Blackberry

4 3.20%
  • Other (Specify)

5 4.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    There are quite a few of these threads already, this being one of them: http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...switching.html

Not sure what makes you think your thread is "official".
    I was just looking at phones on the Sprint site, and gotta say nothing there jumps out at me. There are some free phones with my discount, but they look pretty crappy and have bad reviews. If it weren't for the tethering capability, I would switch to a feature-phone.
    wp or android (prob the grid version)
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Ya if no license or no one buys it off HP, I'll problem go to GridOS or a Windows Phone 7 Mango.
    I figure I'll ride the Sprint Palm Pre until it dies, then go back to a featureless phone. Maybe work will pay for me to have a Smartphone, but I'm not paying extra for one anymore.
    windows big time, think about it everyone wants to be able to edit word, excel, PowerPoint. They also want to access Microsoft enabled websites that contain silverlight. All are native to Microsoft and mango will allow ie9 on mobile devices. It has threaded email, task switching in card view , pin apps in the form of live tiles, awesome transition animations, wide range of software partners.

Will miss webOS version of just type, Microsoft's implementation of hubs (synergy equivalent) is good enough.

check this out:

just gotta get used to the metro ui. No offense, I'm a manly man and am used to clean business type.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    There are quite a few of these threads already, this being one of them: http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...switching.html

Not sure what makes you think your thread is "official".
    well the threads you point out say other operating system. mine was specific to device. and it was the first one specific to device which is why i said "official"

but thanks for your input.
    We still do not know how things will play out with webOS but if you consider other brands, look at where they are headed.

Gartner: Android Growing, Nokia, BlackBerry, & Microsoft Shrink
    I think windows phone when my pre 2 dies, and back to iPad after returning my TouchPad. Hopefully I can buy another one cheaply, but in Australia, it looks unlikely and no paid apps is a deal breaker for me.
    I'm getting a mango phone when they are released. I hope Sprint has at least a couple to choose from in the next few months.

On the Grid 4...It does look interesting but the one thing that made me smirk was this from their site:

GridOS was built leveraging an android kernel. It was built on top of Android. Similar to how Apple built Mac from Unix BSD. GridOS is highly secure and scalable.

Isn't Android the only current mobile OS with malware?
    Droooooooid!!!!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I feel like I'm doomed to double fist a nexus (android) and an iPhone (iOS)

*sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
    I'm getting a mango phone when they are released. I hope Sprint has at least a couple to choose from in the next few months.

On the Grid 4...It does look interesting but the one thing that made me smirk was this from their site:

GridOS was built leveraging an android kernel. It was built on top of Android. Similar to how Apple built Mac from Unix BSD. GridOS is highly secure and scalable.

Yep but that's mainly due to the fact it has the most marketshare. Its like how You could write a virus for Mac's but the market share is so little there's no point.

Also Grid 4 doesn't have android market Access or Google services support. That pretty much kills the device as you would have to pirate apps and who wants to take money from deserving people.

In other news:

Apple Says It Will Fix iOS Malware Exploit | Inc. Technology

Android, because Resistance is Futile
    This poll is surprising.. for all the hatred towards Android and how "ugly" and "unintuitive" it is in these parts, it seems like that's where a vast majority are going.
    Android, then I can start using 2 favorites from the PalmOS days, aTakePhone and Pimical.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Staying with webOS, hoping to pick up a fire sale Pre 3 and go month to month on at&t, but until then my 26 month Sprint still works great, no issues.
    Android since that's what everyone else around here is using...

Nah, just the only one with a major market share that will openly admit to it to their users can be better informed.
    Over 9,000 have voted in the PreCentral front page article, Poll: Are you planning to switch away from webOS?

Those results are similar but adds that 26% are sure that they are staying with webOS.
    I just picked up a Samsung Focus on Sunday -and for free. Very impressive device all around and my phone OS now goes nicely my Zune HD player & Zune Pass. Leaving Sprint is probably a bigger leap for me. Hasta la vista..
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast