View Poll Results: Which OS is the next best OS behind webOS.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry

1 1.52%
  • Windows Phone 7(or 8)

24 36.36%
  • iOS

19 28.79%
  • Android

22 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Lets face it, part of the reason we are all here is because webOS is.... er WAS the best phone OS out there. Now that there is a decent chance it won't continue, what is the next best alternative? Where do you plan to go and why?

I guess I should have put in a I don't know option. If you don't know, don't vote. I'm mainly looking for arguments as to why one OS is better than then next.
    I think webOS will still go on. Just not under HP. But if it doesnt and I have to make a choice, I will probably go with Android as much as I dont want to. Windows Phone 7 is close though.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I'm waiting for liquidation sales of those unsold Pre 3s...

Still would make a great feature phone that can do Skype. After using 3 webOS phones I realize I don't use apps much, as long as I have a copy of FreeCell and it plays video.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Windows Phone is pretty but Android is popular. I won't do iOS. Still undecided what is next. Hoping webOS will get licenced out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediademics View Post
    Hoping webOS will get licenced out.
    I think thats what we are going to be hearing.
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I played with a Win 7 phone at the Verizon store (the only one they had, donít know the name) and I was impressed with the fluidity of operation for the minimal hardware it supported. The Win 7 setup (MS tightly controlling the hardware requirements) does allow them to optimize things well for the phones.

That said, I just couldnít get over the words/titles/boxes/etc. hanging off the edge of the screen. Iín not usually one to get nit-picky about the interface (I think WebOS and Android are rather interchangeable once you take a little time to learn the new system) but that would continue to bug me every day I used one.

Android is rolling right now. It gets my vote. My Droid 3 can do everything I wanted the Pre 3 to do and more.

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I played with a Win 7 phone at the Verizon store (the only one they had, donít know the name) and I was impressed with the fluidity of operation for the minimal hardware it supported. The Win 7 setup (MS tightly controlling the hardware requirements) does allow them to optimize things well for the phones.

That said, I just couldnít get over the words/titles/boxes/etc. hanging off the edge of the screen. Iín not usually one to get nit-picky about the interface (I think WebOS and Android are rather interchangeable once you take a little time to learn the new system) but that would continue to bug me every day I used one.

Android is rolling right now. It gets my vote. My Droid 3 can do everything I wanted the Pre 3 to do and more.

-Suntan
    The name of the phone you're looking for is the HTC Trophy.
    need a 5th option for "neither" or "webos-internals maintained webOS" why settle for something you originally considered inferior when in your hands right now your holding somethign you found "better" OS wise.

I didnt want any of the above to begin with, and after thsi news i still dotn want any of the above, Touchpad webOS was the only tablet that was attractive enough for me to stop using a laptop and go for a tablet.

Given no better alternative id just keep the TPad (can still read webpages / watch videos in bed) and use the laptop more if i have too.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Im eligible for a free Droid X2. I never thought I'd ever say this, but I might have to take the offer now.
    after a culpa year going against the mainstream with webOS its time for me to go with the momemtum play: Android
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I think thats what we are going to be hearing.
    But is that what we'll be believing? I give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    But is that what we'll be believing? I give up.
    Im confused too......so confused.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    after a culpa year going against the mainstream with webOS its time for me to go with the momemtum play: Android
    I'm with you there. I'm not in a hurry. I have a Pre2 and a TP. Like another poster mentioned, I may be able to get a Pre3 for like $100.00 or something.

However, if I am forced off webOS, I will be going with momentum next time. I already read a couple posts in the forums at WP7 site and I realized I don't want to be with the underdog again. If I'm going to be writing apps, I want them to be on an OS where they will get used.

It's so sad, cause I just can't fathom the though of going to another OS. I didn't care for Android when I went there and iOS, while nice and fluid, has no multitasking. At least on android it was there, all thought moving around from app to app was clunky, it was there.
    Go WP7 or Android. Either one i would wait if you can till the Mango Nokia phone and the Nexus Prime comes out. If you can't there are tons of other good phones.
    I'm really going to miss synergy. Having all my addresses from different places present in one easy list is such a great feature. Does Android have anything similar?

I'm so bummed right now. Curse you HP!!!
    I want to vote Maemo/MeeGo. I was actually pretty happy with my N900.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexZenFool View Post
    I'm really going to miss synergy. Having all my addresses from different places present in one easy list is such a great feature. Does Android have anything similar?

I'm so bummed right now. Curse you HP!!!
    Yes, some of them do. My Evo pulls in from everywhere and I didn't want it to.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I always thought that was part of the beauty of the UI. It let's you know there is another screen to the side it hangs off of without giving you an arrow, or dots at the bottom of the screen, etc.

From a design perspective I think you either love it or hate it. I am in the love it group.
    I would have to go with IOS, at least for a phone, if you want a tablet, i would definitively go with android.

I used to be the biggest anti-iphone person out there, but i was ignorant. Yes i know android is more open and flexible and can do many more cool things, whereas IOS is a closed system, but for a phone i believe IOS is better.

IOS is super super smooth, is simple and does everything good. battery life is good compared to android phones. The hardware is nice, even though only one option. I have had smartphones all my life, starting from original blackberrys and treos and windows mobile. however i sometimes come to a point where i just want a simple quick to use phone, and go to a dumbphone from smartphone. Than i get bored with the dumbphone and go back to smartphone. Yeah i know im nuts. so i think IOS is kind of the best of both worlds, very simple to use, and has the features of a smartphone. And did i mention size, most android phones that are powerful enough to keep up with iphone, are too big and bulky for me. ( i currently own a pixi)

Android on the other hand is the best OS for tablets, I would want a tablet device to be more open and customizable. I would never in my life by an ipad, which is just a supersized ipod touch, with some tablet optimized apps. Android would be awesome with tablet. can do things like run nes, snes, n64 emulators. hook it up hdmi to your tv, and ll the other cool stuff.
    I just bought a $149 TP from Walmart this morning at 8AM. I really love WebOS but when this becomes less enjoyable / more outdated, I will be going with iOS for sure. It "just works" and has the best selection of apps by far - not only in type but also in style and functionality. It's, also, a better choice than WebOS or Android for developers who want to get paid. ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast