1.    #1  
    I really want to keep my TP, love the WebOS but games are important too me!
    I downloaded (3) games and compared them to the same versions on the iPad 2 ... what a JOKE, no comparison .. what are these publishers trying to do .. KILL the TP!!!
    I compared N.O.V.A, Avatar HD, and H.A.W.K. HD and it's like comparing an Atari 2600 to an XBox!
    The iPad2 games have superior graphics, no "jaggies", no hangup's or delays, etc.
    The TP just doesn't compare and the games are more expensive!
    What gives .. is it the graphics capabilities or just the publishers???
    iPad2 has a more powerful GPU than Touchpad however, can you tell me if these games look the same on the original iPad? as TouchPad's GPU is more powerful than the original iPad GPU. If it looks better on the original iPad then you can blame the devs for lazy porting.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve146 View Post
    I really want to keep my TP, love the WebOS but games are important too me!
    I downloaded (3) games and compared them to the same versions on the iPad 2 ... what a JOKE, no comparison .. what are these publishers trying to do .. KILL the TP!!!
    I compared N.O.V.A, Avatar HD, and H.A.W.K. HD and it's like comparing an Atari 2600 to an XBox!
    The iPad2 games have superior graphics, no "jaggies", no hangup's or delays, etc.
    The TP just doesn't compare and the games are more expensive!
    What gives .. is it the graphics capabilities or just the publishers???
    That's because these are Pre games that are being upscaled from the 320x480 to the Touchpad resolution. They're not taking advantage of any of the Touchpad's power.

Really, Gameloft has been misleading people and calling almost all of their Pre games as HD even when they're not. Before the tablet came out, this wasn't as big a deal, but now it makes it difficult to know if the app is designed for the Touchpad or not.
    Interesting. I read a comment from someone else saying the exact opposite, that the games from Gameloft, Glu, and Electronic Arts were actually scaling up pretty well. Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately) the games are of no value to me so I have no personal experience with any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Interesting. I read a comment from someone else saying the exact opposite, that the games from Gameloft, Glu, and Electronic Arts were actually scaling up pretty well. Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately) the games are of no value to me so I have no personal experience with any of them.
    They scale up, yes, and the games play well.

But any time you're blowing something up from 3 inches at 320x480 to 10 inches at 1024x768, it's going to get blockier. And of course there's not going to be a comparison between a blown up Pre app and an app designed for the iPad 2.

Look at a game actually designed for the Touchpad, like Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and compare that to its iPad counterpart, and you'll see they're the same.
    you need to try games made for the touchpad, like angry birds HD.
    Your likely playing the phone version of these games. The touch pad games are identical to the ipad ones.
    those apps are idd misleading, i cant rmember if when you do an app catalogue search for "for touchpad" if they appeared or not, but typically thats what i search for when looking for TP only apps, at least it helps trim down the results.