Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know it's a huge stretch, but I'm crossing my fingers that HTC says they are going to start making WebOS phones tomorrow.
    WANDO RED and fxspec06 like this.
  2.    #3  
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-ma...rning#comments

From Android Central

- I would be so happy with WebOS phones released often, and with great hardware.
    WANDO RED likes this.
    doubtful that it's going to be webOS... but i sooooo hope that i am wrong and that it is webOS...
    The article says HTC told them directly. Why would you tell and Android site to watch your press announcement about a different OS???
    bluenote and fxspec06 like this.
    Phonedog and IntoMobile were alerted as well. I too have my fingers crossed although I still hope HP teams up with Amazon.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    The article says HTC told them directly. Why would you tell and Android site to watch your press announcement about a different OS???
    to get all the android nuts to watch and then go

"boom, we're dropping android"

so they all go

while we go
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    WANDO RED likes this.
  7.    #8  
    I'm using a EVO Shift because I have to right now.

I'm rooting for WebOS & Android, but let me be clear lol. I WILL toss this EVO for distance when given the chance for a new WebOS device (even Pre 3)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    to get all the android nuts to watch and then go

"boom, we're dropping android"

so they all go

while we go
    They're announcing they're going WP7 exclusive!
    sounds like a hint to me for Android, good reasoning.
    Why would HTC announce a webOS phone partnership rather than HP? I bet it is HTC's tablet they are going to announce.
  11.    #12  
    They're announcing they're going WP7 exclusive!
    Why are you ruining my dream
    Until and unless we have any concrete reason to believe that this announcement involves webOS, we are moving this thread to the Other Handhelds forum.
  13.    #14  
    Now I will be sleeping soundly, enjoying waiting in line for the new HTC WebOS device, and suddenly my dream takes a turn when Orion starts tossing blue eyed kittens at me, and then the Mod shuts the Sprint store door laughing at me from behind the glass!

- I wake in a cold sweat realizing I still have this $%#@ EVO Shift!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigferret View Post
    Now I will be sleeping soundly, enjoying waiting in line for the new HTC WebOS device, and suddenly my dream takes a turn when Orion starts tossing blue eyed kittens at me, and then the Mod shuts the Sprint store door laughing at me from behind the glass!

- I wake in a cold sweat realizing I still have this $%#@ EVO Shift!
    Why did you pick up the shift? The regular Evo is better than that weird odd step child phone.
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Why did you pick up the shift? The regular Evo is better than that weird odd step child phone.
    Two reasons I guess. First I thought I wanted a keyboard, and secondly I want a less expensive temporary phone.
    HTC Corp., the Taiwan-based telephone maker, is planning to pay around $300 million for a majority of the company that makes high-end headphones bearing the name of superstar music producer Dr. Dre, according to people familiar with the matter.

The headphones are made by Beats Electronics LLC, a venture involving Dr. Dre, whose given name is Andre Young, Interscope records and its chairman, Jimmy Iovine.
    I wonder if they'll still license the name to HP.
    This was posted on The Beats face book page with the Blurb "Big annoucment Tommorow"

HP really should have bought them when i had a chance. This makes the development harder between my next phone being a HTC or Samsung. Better Screen or Better Audio.
    From Thisismynext.com

" It’s actually a full-on investment in the company that will earn HTC an exclusive on Beats Audio for phones, which seems to suggest that HP’s use will stop at PCs and the TouchPad — the Pre 3 and future webOS phones would presumably be off the table. "

I really hope that means HTC and HP will get together for hardware, because if not, HP is dealing away any features that set them apart. I'm still baffled that HP hasn't sued RIM the way apple is suing everyone.
    cyberprashant likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast