Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    According to the announcement, HTC now has an exclusive with Beats Audio in cell phones. I wish HP would have implemented it in their phones, but oh well. HP's deal with Beats remains in tact, so they will continue to have them in their PC's & Tablet's.
    Breaking News... HTC will announce that they are going to drop Google Android OS for their home grown HTC Sense OS and will also make MeeGo devices.
    saw it on The Verge earlier... Very interesting. I'll let you guys speculate and discuss!
    Personally, I turn Beats off on my Touchpad, I don't like the effect it has on the bass on my Etymotic headphones.

Regardless, the only real loss here is with marketing. You can make a device with great audio quality without needing Beats. And you can add equalizer settings and processing however you want (just make sure you leave me a way to turn it off) without having an explicit Beats audio setting on the device.

But now you can't say that it has Beats audio, which I guess makes the difference in a purchase for some people?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    to get all the android nuts to watch and then go

"boom, we're dropping android"...
    HTC made the Treo 600 and Treo 650 amongst others. They were indesctructible. Since HTC hooked up with Android, they have had one record breaking month after another. Record sales and record profits. They just can't make enough phones.

HTC is far from perfect though. They got sucked into Windows 7 and have a lot of those phones laying around if you want some cheap.

I suspect that we will hear about HTC's answers to the Samsung Galaxy S II. I think they will be announcing the HTC Vigor that is replacing the Thunderbolt from late February. The Vigor is expected to be the first 720p HD display phone at 1280 x 720.

This does represent a change for HTC. In the past it was always the carrier who made the announcement.
    <<threads merged>>
    is this why Pre 3 is delayed?
  9.    #29  
    Damn! I caught a glimpse of the latest post and thought my wish came true. I'm still holding on to some hope that there's more to reveal.
    To me this just looks like HP lost out to a rival on superior technology and marketability, am I reading this wrong? I don't see how it could mean something good for webOS or that it signals that HTC will get webOS. Please help me make the connection. I'm frankly mildly worried by the announcement.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Beats? Pssh. Don't need it, don't want it.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12