Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Pathdoc, where did you order it from if I may ask? Just curious, sorta looking around myself.. almost ready to make the jump, (just not yet - still in pondering over it mode)..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    I ended up ordering straight from Palm as they had a free shipping offer. It has unfortunately ended. I looked around and, other than eBay, really didn't see any TTs going for less than suggested retail price. In fact, those that were less than retail on eBay ended up being more once shipping and handling were included.

Here is a link to the Palm store.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    Oh, and for anyone waiting on AvantGo, it's currently in a closed beta, so it probably won't be long now (unless the beta finds drastic problems). The software URL slipped out, but since it won't work except for authorized users, no point in slipping it out here.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  4.    #64  
    Pathdoc: Congrats on your purchase. Sorry Santa is so strict at your house.

EricG: I think Toby got his from Office Depot and they included a free card. (Toby, confirm or deny?)
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    EricG: I think Toby got his from Office Depot and they included a free card. (Toby, confirm or deny?)
    Confirmed (16MB Palm-branded SD), although I'm not sure if the promo is still going on.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Thanks for the info.. I am still in looking mode.. and also with the holidays upon us, I probably better not buy anything, not yet anyway ... at least not till afterwards and that's also when the really good sales start
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    Well, my TT arrived. My wife took pity on my because the last two weeks have been horrible at work and allowed me to have it early. I am really impressed!! It is incredibly fast and the 5 way navigator is great. It is amazing how much I can do without sliding it open. I haven't gotten newpen yet but it is next on the download list.

The screen is great. I really didn't realize what I was missing not having a color device. The high resolution also makes it a lot easier to read text.

I have played around with the Bluetooth functions on my T68i. It works great. The integration of the various applications (address book, SMS, Web browser, email) with the Bluetooth is pretty slick.

I have been able to drive the battery down to 70% unlike K. Cannon and Toby. This was playing Zap2016 for about an hour with the volume on full. During this time, I had also been playing around with the Bluetooth. It only took minutes for it to recharge to 100%.

Overall, I have been very impressed with the device. Very solid and fits in my shirt pocket or coat pocket very well. I keep thinking I have lost it because it is so small relative to my VPL.

I need to go out and buy an SD card so I can install more software!
    Donate Blood!!!
  8.    #68  
    Glad your wife took pity on you and let you have the TT. I am still ecstatically happy with mine.

Only one complaint, which is that I have noticed a very small nick in the paint. Carrying it in my purse with all the other crap must not be good for it--I need to go ahead and get a case.
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Only one complaint, which is that I have noticed a very small nick in the paint. Carrying it in my purse with all the other crap must not be good for it--I need to go ahead and get a case.
    I ordered the aluminum hard case from Palm at the same time I ordered the device. While I have had the PDA for almost a week. The case hasn't shipped yet. I just thought that I should warn you if you are considering that case.
    Donate Blood!!!
  10.    #70  
    Originally posted by Pathdoc
    I just thought that I should warn you if you are considering that case.
    Hm... I was thinking more about the EB Slipper flip case...
    I have a Visor Pro and until recently a visor phone. I am ditching the phone due to the bad reception and more importantly the repeated sending back for the headphone jack not working. Without the headphone working there is no use in having everything in one package! The blue tooth to a GPRS tiny phone is a good replacement. I too like the form of the TT. And with Newpen I won't have to open the slide. The power of checking my e-mail and get web info on the fly was nice with the Visor Pro VP combination. Anyone with expericence with the TT, especially with a blue tooth GSM GPRS bluetooth phone would be appreciated. Especially the Sony Ericsson T68i. My concerns are the following:

How is the phone to TT and vis versa?

How is the web browser?

Can JAVA run on Palm OS5 or in the future OS6?

With the huge increase of websites requiring JAVA is there a compatable browser the can handle JAVA not to mention SSL etc. etc.? I would prefer not being dependent on a proxy to reconfigure the pages.

I really want to convert. I just want to look before I leap!
    Originally posted by Toby
    Oh, and for anyone waiting on AvantGo, it's currently in a closed beta, so it probably won't be long now (unless the beta finds drastic problems). The software URL slipped out, but since it won't work except for authorized users, no point in slipping it out here.
    I've just been added to the AvantGo beta. They're apparently rolling it out gradually to people who emailed them via their FAQ link. No HiRes support yet, but at least I can read my channels again. Just got it last night, though, so I haven't played much with it yet.
    FYI

J & R has this for $459.99 w/free shipping

I've just been added to the AvantGo beta. They're apparently rolling it out gradually to people who emailed them via their FAQ link. No HiRes support yet, but at least I can read my channels again. Just got it last night, though, so I haven't played much with it yet.
    What're the new features?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    What're the new features?
    No new features so far. The only reason for its existence is OS5 support. It's not HiRes yet, and syncing to card isn't working right at the moment. It does support the T|T's D-Pad, though. All of my channels sync successfully:

• BBSpot
    • Cato Daily Commentary
    • Cato Daily Dispatch
    • CNET News.com
    • InfoWorld To Go
    • MSNBC,com Headlines
    • PC WORLD.COM
    • The Onion
    • The Weather Channel
    • Windows & .NET Magazine Mobile Edition

The only ones with 'issues' are CNET and The Onion. CNET doesn't seem to wrap all its pages properly, and The Onion uses a font which displays poorly on the T|T's screen (because the new version supports the FONT SIZE=-1 tag). When they get HiRes figured out, both of these should be alleviated.
    In case any other T|T owners haven't found out yet, the audio patch is on Palm's site. It sounds great.

http://www.palm.com/support/tungstent/
  17.    #77  
    I am currently waiting on my new/refurb unit to arrive from Palm, as this one has some major battery issues. I have managed to escape with no lost data, knock wood.

Pocket Tunes 1.4 causes my unit to crash, so I can't test the sound patch at this time.
    In case any other T|T owners haven't found out yet, the audio patch is on Palm's site. It sounds great.

http://www.palm.com/support/tungstent/
    Yep, saw that this morning. Differnece is night and day - but still not as loud as I would like. (I travel a lot and the T|T's sound needs to be louder then the sound from the plane's engines!)

Other then that, I have been using the TT for a good solid month and a half now and there is no turning back! I've already sold my edge and the rest of my Handspring items!
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    Yep, saw that this morning. Differnece is night and day - but still not as loud as I would like. (I travel a lot and the T|T's sound needs to be louder then the sound from the plane's engines!)
    Well as I replied in your thread at Brighthand, that isn't an issue on mine. I think there is still some hardware variability with the T|Ts which make some louder than others.
    Other then that, I have been using the TT for a good solid month and a half now and there is no turning back! I've already sold my edge and the rest of my Handspring items!
    My wife inherited my Edge. She likes the pocketability, durability, and speed much better than her old Deluxe. I sold that to a friend bundled with the HandyGPSPro I won here way back when.
  20.    #80  
    Reinstalled Pocket Tunes 1.4 and the sound patch does sound good. (Pocket Tunes is a stellar program, inexpensive, with a very responsive programmer, FYI, IMHO, FWIW.)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast