Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by wizardb
    Thanks for all the info so far. Have you found a forum dedicated to the TT yet?
    Well, there are forums that concentrate on it at PalmInfoCenter and PDABuzz. Both have their good and bad points. None quite like here, though.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    Well, there are forums that concentrate on it at PalmInfoCenter and PDABuzz. Both have their good and bad points. None quite like here, though.
    I agree. The forums here are so much more civilized than PalmInfoCenter or PDABuzz. Could you imagine someone on PalmInfoCenter initiating a thread about switching from a Palm device to a HandSpring device? It would quickly turn into rude name calling.

This has been an enlightening discussion and is swaying me more toward making the switch. Too bad HandSpring hasn't (won't) come out with a new device that isn't a communicator.
    Last edited by Pathdoc; 11/14/2002 at 10:47 PM.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
  3.    #43  
    Originally posted by Pathdoc
    Too bad HandSpring hasn't (won't) come out with a new device that isn't a comunicator.
    Exactly why I bought the TT.

I would note that I am having problems with the spring-loaded stylus bumping into things in my purse and popping out (not all the way, just the 1/2 inch or so). (Toby or mensa-ch., have y'all bought a case yet?)

On a good note, two days of use and the battery has barely moved from 100%--granted I put it on the charger periodically throughout the day, but even 30 minutes of Bejeweled didn't seem to affect it. This weekend will be a test b/c I only have the one charger here at the office.
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I would note that I am having problems with the spring-loaded stylus bumping into things in my purse and popping out (not all the way, just the 1/2 inch or so).
    That happens to me occasionally, but it's only when I sit at certain angles (since I carry it in my front pocket).
    (Toby or mensa-ch., have y'all bought a case yet?)
    Not yet. I'm not impressed with Palm's cases, so I'll wait a bit to see if someone else comes up with something I like.
    On a good note, two days of use and the battery has barely moved from 100%--granted I put it on the charger periodically throughout the day, but even 30 minutes of Bejeweled didn't seem to affect it. This weekend will be a test b/c I only have the one charger here at the office.
    I'm curious also because the only time mine dipped below 100% was when I was syncing via infrared with my laptop last week while in testing mode (I was trying out all my applications before I switched to it full time, so I didn't want to sync with my desktop, not that I could considering I was in another state ).
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5.    #45  
    Originally posted by Toby
    I'm curious also because the only time mine dipped below 100% was when I was syncing via infrared with my laptop last week while in testing mode (I was trying out all my applications before I switched to it full time, so I didn't want to sync with my desktop, not that I could considering I was in another state ).
    okay, we'll "meet back up" and compare after the weekend, assuming I don't come into the office and put TT in the cradle and ruin our experiment...
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Too bad HandSpring hasn't (won't) come out with a new device that isn't a comunicator.
    I'm hoping that at some point soon we see a successor to the Treo 90. Methinks that's the most likely non-communicator option. When we'll see it, though, I'm not sure. Still, it would be the fastest way to get an OS 5 device out, since it wouldn't need approval from wireless carriers or the FCC.
    i have not bought a case yet. but i did just buy the brando screen protector. will let you know what it's like in a few weeks when it comes in.

what i'm really looking forward to is the new stowaway keyboard.
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    i have not bought a case yet. but i did just buy the brando screen protector. will let you know what it's like in a few weeks when it comes in.
    I still have some WriteRight IIIc screen protectors, so I'm going to use those out. It requires me to trim a tad off the bottom like with my Edge, but no point in wasting them.
    what i'm really looking forward to is the new stowaway keyboard.
    I'd be looking forward to it if it wasn't missing the fourth row of keys. I'll just get a regular PPK for Christmas probably.
  9.    #49  
    I'm probably not going to mess with a keyboard for a while. Now that I know about Newpen, I like to keep this thing as small as possible.
    Last week I got mugged and lost my Clie 665 Reading all the comments about the TT I'm wondering if this is what I should replace it with so that both my PDA and my car are TT's.
    Jonathan
  11.    #51  
    Originally posted by jhappel
    Last week I got mugged and lost my Clie 665 Reading all the comments about the TT I'm wondering if this is what I should replace it with so that both my PDA and my car are TT's.
    Yikes! Sorry to hear about that, but am glad that you are okay. Hope you were not hurt and/or badly shaken up.

I think a "TT" themed life would be in order!
    Sorry to hear about that, but with all the T|T abbreviations, I had been thinking about the car connection as well. Maybe it's serendipity?
    From Kelley:
    Hope you were not hurt and/or badly shaken up.
    No I'm OK. Someone just came running up from behind me, grabbed my briefcase while knocking me down to the sidewalk. I had a couple of bruises but nothing else. All he got was a briefcase with my Clie and a lot of very exciting papers containg copies of financial reports I had done for several political campaigns and committees. Dumb as he was he didn't think to try to get my wallet with the credit cards and about $500 cash.

From Toby:
    Maybe it's serendipity?
    Maybe you're right!! This weekend I'll go take a look at the TT. I'll keep you all informed.

THANX FOR THE GOOD WISHES
    Jonathan
    Wow are things this bad in the big apple Jason?

From Kelley:

No I'm OK. Someone just came running up from behind me, grabbed my briefcase while knocking me down to the sidewalk. I had a couple of bruises but nothing else. All he got was a briefcase with my Clie and a lot of very exciting papers containg copies of financial reports I had done for several political campaigns and committees. Dumb as he was he didn't think to try to get my wallet with the credit cards and about $500 cash.

From Toby:

Maybe you're right!! This weekend I'll go take a look at the TT. I'll keep you all informed.

THANX FOR THE GOOD WISHES
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    ?????????? Jason? ??????????

Actually I wasn't in the Big Apple when it happened. I happened to have been leaving one of our job sites over in New Jersey when it happened. Still have not had a chance to look at the TT yet; hopefully I'll have a chance either this weekend or over the holiday.
    Jonathan
    Oops,

I meant Jonathan. Couldn't remember your first name. Well I am glad that you did not get hurt. The situation is very sad though.

?????????? Jason? ??????????

Actually I wasn't in the Big Apple when it happened. I happened to have been leaving one of our job sites over in New Jersey when it happened. Still have not had a chance to look at the TT yet; hopefully I'll have a chance either this weekend or over the holiday.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Hey K Cannon and Toby,

I have two questions for you:

1) How is the battery life now that you have had a chance to play with the TT.

2) Did either of you still leave your Visors hooked up and were you able to still hotsynch with the new Palm desktop software? I may give my wife my platinum as she is now interested in getting a PDA. I am wondering if the TT and a Visor can co-exist.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Hey K Cannon and Toby,

I have two questions for you:

1) How is the battery life now that you have had a chance to play with the TT.
    Battery life so far has been great. Normal use for me is typically roughly an hour of real use per day (entering/checking dates/addresses/numbers, entering transactions in PocketQuicken, and a bit of light reading), and it usually doesn't blip the battery below 100% with that. I tried for three days in a row to use it and only cradle it when syncing (pulling it right out afterwards) to experiment, and it still was either 89 or 91%.
    2) Did either of you still leave your Visors hooked up and were you able to still hotsynch with the new Palm desktop software? I may give my wife my platinum as she is now interested in getting a PDA. I am wondering if the TT and a Visor can co-exist.
    It should co-exist fine as long as you either give the Tungsten a new name or reset the Visor and give it a new name. I synced my T|T and Edge with different names for a week with no problems while I was in transition.
  19.    #59  
    Yep, the battery insists on staying at 100% (with voltage reading 4.15 or 4.13 or occasionally 4.17, depending on how long I leave it in charger.)

I can get it down into the 80's by playing a lot of Bejeweled, jewels animated, or Hearts, with card animation.

I did not keep my Visor plugged up except to fix the screw up I made when switching over.

Kelley
    Thanks for the info. Well, I to have made the jump. I ordered my TT last night. It shipped today. My wife says I can't have it until Christmas. To quote my kids: "I don't think that is fair!"

I will be selling off some of my Visor stuff so stay tuned for some auctions on eBay. My wife is going to use my VPL. She has finally decided that a PDA would be nice to keep track of her schedule!
    Donate Blood!!!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast