Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    if it does, i will jump ship.. tired of this wait for a Company that won't support me in any way since June 2009.. why should I support this phone then? others r getting updates and new phones left and right
    tonyw and tsavo like this.
  2. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #2  
    I hope you are not on Sprint.
  3. #3  
    No bet from me.
  4. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #4  
    Wouldn't surprise me, the silence out of HP is frustrating.
  5. #5  
    if the iphone came out with a physical portrait keyboard, i would jump ship without hesitation.

    even if the iphone 5 doesnt come out before the pre3, they (apple) would probobly have a perspective release date and thus make people (besides the hard core webos fans) hold out before considering buying the pre 3.

    as for me, i would probobly hold out and see what apps gets developed for the pre3 before buying it. i got the veer to hold me over for a long while.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me, the silence out of HP is frustrating.
    Very frustrating.. i'm to the point that i can't hold it any longer.. I remember when i was like.. i'll wait till December 2010 for an annoucement.. then I said " i'll wait till February.. then the Summer.. and still freaking waiting.. i'm DONE! will move on the the iPhone 5 if it comes out first
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    Very frustrating.. i'm to the point that i can't hold it any longer.. I remember when i was like.. i'll wait till December 2010 for an annoucement.. then I said " i'll wait till February.. then the Summer.. and still freaking waiting.. i'm DONE! will move on the the iPhone 5 if it comes out first
    There's a lot of us in the same boat with you...I'm currently paying 2 phone bills because I like my Pre- and don't want to give it up, but at the same time I expected Verizon to have the Pre 3 by the end of August and wanted to lock in unlimited data. So I'm sitting here getting ready to dump Sprint and turn my Pre- into a "non-phone tool/toy" and jump into Android OS until (if) the Pre 3 lands. If it doesn't land by the end of September I'm going to switch from the Samsung Fascinate (GalaxyS) they gave me to the best 4G device I can get and say goodbye to webOS. Maybe someday they'll get this mess squared away.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    if the iphone came out with a physical portrait keyboard, i would jump ship without hesitation.
    Yeah, this is the big problem with iPhones... no keyboard. It's called I/O for a reason... you need *input* as well as output.

    I tried two third-party keyboards, the Thinkgeek one and the Boxwave one -- the Thinkgeek one was the better of the two, and it still wasn't very good. The whole thing was just unpleasant.

    That experience (iPhone plus Thinkgeek keyboard) was what made me decide: I will never again buy any device that does not COME WITH a keyboard. If the manufacturer of the device thought that a real, physical keyboard was *that* unimportant, then that's a philosophy I just don't agree with.

    Unfortunately, it's also a philosophy Apple doesn't seem likely to give up on anytime soon.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamino View Post
    Yeah, this is the big problem with iPhones... no keyboard. It's called I/O for a reason... you need *input* as well as output.

    I tried two third-party keyboards, the Thinkgeek one and the Boxwave one -- the Thinkgeek one was the better of the two, and it still wasn't very good. The whole thing was just unpleasant.

    That experience (iPhone plus Thinkgeek keyboard) was what made me decide: I will never again buy any device that does not COME WITH a keyboard. If the manufacturer of the device thought that a real, physical keyboard was *that* unimportant, then that's a philosophy I just don't agree with.

    Unfortunately, it's also a philosophy Apple doesn't seem likely to give up on anytime soon.
    I have always preferred a physical keyboard but I've been toying with a Samsung Fascinate and it has that thing where you can draw your words by swiping across a virtual keyboard and it actually works pretty good! I'm not in love with it as much as a physical portrait keyboard...but I don't hate it like I thought I would...in fact, it makes it NOT a deal breaker for me anymore.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  10. #10  
    Bye-bye. I think they'll be released just about simultaneously in early September, and people will scream about HP's stupidity in releasing their business sedan on the same day as some other company releases their sports car because the sedan is gonna be DOA because everybody wants and needs a sports car.

    And then, in November, we'll see the slab phone with better specs than the iPhone, and I'll be curious what people will be angry over then. Most likely the too-large screen, the lack of a hardware keyboard, the copycat iphone looks without a shred of innovation, and the lack of apps.
  11. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Bye-bye. I think they'll be released just about simultaneously in early September, and people will scream about HP's stupidity in releasing their business sedan on the same day as some other company releases their sports car because the sedan is gonna be DOA because everybody wants and needs a sports car.

    And then, in November, we'll see the slab phone with better specs than the iPhone, and I'll be curious what people will be angry over then. Most likely the too-large screen, the lack of a hardware keyboard, the copycat iphone looks without a shred of innovation, and the lack of apps.
    Im sure we could turn the fact the sedan is half the price of the sports car into something negative too.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    GodShapedHole likes this.
  12. #12  
    I love my Pre, but I doubt it would ever capture iPhone like market share.
  13. rs1
    rs1 is offline
    rs1's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamino View Post
    Yeah, this is the big problem with iPhones... no keyboard. It's called I/O for a reason... you need *input* as well as output.

    I tried two third-party keyboards, the Thinkgeek one and the Boxwave one -- the Thinkgeek one was the better of the two, and it still wasn't very good. The whole thing was just unpleasant.

    That experience (iPhone plus Thinkgeek keyboard) was what made me decide: I will never again buy any device that does not COME WITH a keyboard. If the manufacturer of the device thought that a real, physical keyboard was *that* unimportant, then that's a philosophy I just don't agree with.

    Unfortunately, it's also a philosophy Apple doesn't seem likely to give up on anytime soon.
    i've got the NUU Minikey and it's the best of all three. Way better tactile feedback than the Boxwave, and just slightly smaller than the Thinkgeek. And it's backlit too.

    It's still unfeasibly chunky though. I wish Apple would produce an iPhone Pro

    I'm 80% sure that i'll be getting the Pre 3, but honestly, HP isn't doing much to inspire confidence.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rs1 View Post
    I'm 80% sure that i'll be getting the Pre 3, but honestly, HP isn't doing much to inspire confidence.
    No? They've told us that they won't abandon webOS and are, instead, grooming it into a cross-form-factor platform including PCs, printers, tablets, phones and whatnot in Spring and have been releasing one device every other month since then, which is a release cycle at the very top of the market if you count individual companies and don't compare oranges to apples by comparing "Android" (dozens of companies using the same OS) to webOS (one company using its own OS). Comparing Apples (one company, one OS: one new device every year or so - iPhone is 14 months and counting) to apples makes more sense and suddenly throws a much more favorable light on HP's release schedule. The Pre3 is next in about a month.

    HP's webOS devices (unlike Palm's before) have been immaculately built and well-supported; HP even gave early adopters of the TouchPad an app voucher because they lowered the TouchPad's price since the release, something I don't think you'll see from any other company in this market.

    The TouchPad and Enyo had more apps at launch than Honeycomb has now after how many months on the market.

    So... what exactly is HP doing that they're NOT inspiring confidence?
    Are you referring to their decision not to bring webOS 2 to the Pre, which - as you'll see if you do an inofficial update - isn't able to run webOS 2 well? Would you rather have let them update the Pre to a buggy, slow and unstable future like Apple did with the 3GS? The difference is that everybody I know in the Apple camp updated their 3GS to iOS4 and then went "oh it's marvelous but too slow on this phone, so I just got an iPhone 4". If you think that webOS people would have said the same, and not "meh, it may be OK but it's too slow on this phone and I shouldn't be forced to update my hardware just to update my software, so I'm jumping ship to iPhone"... think again.
  15. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #15  
    I think you are in the minority.

    Those that want an iPhone will get an iPhone, those that want a Pre3 will get a Pre3, no matter which one is released first
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  16. gmlongo's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Bye-bye. I think they'll be released just about simultaneously in early September, and people will scream about HP's stupidity in releasing their business sedan on the same day as some other company releases their sports car because the sedan is gonna be DOA because everybody wants and needs a sports car.

    And then, in November, we'll see the slab phone with better specs than the iPhone, and I'll be curious what people will be angry over then. Most likely the too-large screen, the lack of a hardware keyboard, the copycat iphone looks without a shred of innovation, and the lack of apps.
    Except the iPhone will be a more capable business sedan, as well as, a flashier sports car. The Pre 3 will have almost no advantages over the next iPhone.
    slim210 likes this.
  17. #17  
    <<thread moved>>
  18. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmlongo View Post
    Except the iPhone will be a more capable business sedan, as well as, a flashier sports car. The Pre 3 will have almost no advantages over the next iPhone.
    Will the iphone have cards? I've narrowed it down in my mind and that's pretty much my highest priority. I want to be able to flip through my open apps in a card view.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmlongo View Post
    Except the iPhone will be a more capable business sedan, as well as, a flashier sports car. The Pre 3 will have almost no advantages over the next iPhone.
    There's one key advantage. It isn't an iPhone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  20. #20  
    I bet the iPhone 17 will come out before the Pre 14.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions