1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Tae care,

Jay

A brief history of Android phones
    by Kent German,AUGUST 2, 2011 5:30 PM PDT

A brief history of Android phones | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

Almost three years after the birth of the T-Mobile G1, the world's first Android smartphone, we pause to take a look back at what the little green dude has given us. Sure, we've known that the OS has been very busy in the United States and around the world, but we really had no idea just how busy it was. And if we expanded the list beyond handsets not with U.S. carriers, it would be even longer.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Rnp likes this.
    That's a lot of devices!

None of the Android devices have a form factor as good as the Pre otherwise I would consider jumping ship from WebOS.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    So 95 devices... compared to 4 1/2 (1/2 for the + models) for webOS...

CHOICES! I WANT CHOICES!!!
    but the form factor is mostly the same: big touchscreen. So you dont have the choice (if you are android) to switch to a pre formfactor. In fact you have only 3 formfactors with hp: pre, veer and pixi. But with Apple you have only one fornfactor. Too many choices (without having really everyone) is bad and no choices is also bad. I'm satisfied with hp: small or big or small and no slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    So 95 devices... compared to 4 1/2 (1/2 for the + models) for webOS...

CHOICES! I WANT CHOICES!!!
    They are in every size from 2.6" to 4.5" and in every form factor from slider to blackberry to slab. The article says that all 95 of these managed to be firsts in one way or another.

Note that these come from eight different manufacturers.