Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

August 3, 2011
    RIM Unloads Two New BlackBerry Torch Phones
    By REUTERS

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

TORONTO (Reuters) - Research In Motion on Wednesday took the wraps off two more powerful versions of its touchscreen BlackBerry Torch, aiming to buy time until it can introduce a radically new software package in its smartphones.

The new phones, along with a Bold upgrade unveiled earlier, are part of what the Canadian company called its biggest global launch ever as it seeks to claw back North American market share losses from Apple's iconic iPhone and a slew of devices running on Google's Android software.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Unload is the prefect word.
    1.2GHz, 3.7″, 768 MB RAM, no DLNA, no HDMI, but it does have a microSD and zoom...Here is the reaction...

Research in Motion: Analysts Un-Thrilled By New Phone Release

Why you should think twice about buying a new BlackBerry

RIM: Street Encouraged By New Phones, But Is It Enough?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/03/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Which is why HP may really need to re-tool the Pre3. It may not be fair, but while 'sexy' may not help you to keep the job, it does get you the second interview.

Though I plan on getting a P3 when it is released.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  5. AZ8
    RIM is struggling mightly with finances, staff in-fighting, annoymous letter writers and layoffs. But they're still getting new 2 new phones out.

HP is financially strong, yet can't get a phone announced on Feb 9th, 2011 to market.

How can that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Which is why HP may really need to re-tool the Pre3. It may not be fair, but while 'sexy' may not help you to keep the job, it does get you the second interview.

C
    What do you mean by retooling? As an educated mobile user, help me understand what's missing from the Pre3.

I believe there will be much more to come from HP or future partners making phones, so the Pre3 isn't the end of the world for webOS phones.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Let's make a wager now... within 12 months of release of each (BB & HP) RIM will sell more of each model than HP sells of the P3.
    After watching this video on the 9860, I'm impressed. I can say that is the first Blackberry phone I'd ever consider buying.:

Ther UI is fast & responsive, and the phone looks nice & has a decent sized screen. I think Blackberry addicts that have been waiting on a sexy device will be pleased. It sucks for HP though, because a lot of professionals (the audience the Pre 3 is targeting) who have been dying to leave Blackberry now have a good phone to draw them back.

HP really needs to get the Pre 3 released like yesterday. That phone is way overdue.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    RIM is struggling mightly with finances, staff in-fighting, annoymous letter writers and layoffs. But they're still getting new 2 new phones out.

HP is financially strong, yet can't get a phone announced on Feb 9th, 2011 to market.

How can that be?
    RIM is cash positive so they aren't even burning cash. There is nothing wrong with their finances.

HP is also full of staff in-fighting, with a really big bunch of senior executives don't like the new CEO. Internal CEO memo --- which basically was Senior VP eyes only --- was leaked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    What do you mean by retooling? As an educated mobile user, help me understand what's missing from the Pre3.
    how about a release date
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post

C
    If they were to go down that route, they might as well just cease phone production now... any changes made to the Pre3 means it would need to go through testing and certification all over again. We'd be lucky to see it next March... by which time it would be outdated and WebOS would have lost even more Phone users.

They should get the Pre3 out now, at $99 with contract. Hopefully, they already have other, more capable devices planned ...be it a slab phone or a SuperPre... for the beginning of the year.