1.    #1  
    Well I'm finally going to jump ship to Android after using a Palm/HP phones since the Treo 300 over 10 years ago. It is going to be a big change having to rely on a different community (even though Andriodcentral is a SPE sister site) is going to be very different as well. I'm trying to decide between the Photon and EVO 3D on sprint. I like the EVO 3D because the screen is gorgeous and I like sense much more the Blur. I like the Photon because of the 16GB of internal ram and the fact that it is a world phone and has a 8 MP camera. But I am wary about the "pentile" screen on tbe photon which is apparently not as nice as the EVO 3D. The 3D stuff is not that important to me. Also while the folks at xdadev have gotten root on the Blur, you need the cradle to do so and its much easier still to root the EVOs. So I'm kinda still deciding and would love to hear any webos user opinions here that are considering the same devices...

thanks

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    you'll get better answers at android central.
    Photon:
    Pentile screen (some hate it)
    Better Graphics for games (tegra 2)
    mini hdmi port
    kickstand
    world phone
    16gb internal

Evo3d:
    thinner
    HTC sense (better imo)
    3d
    larger dev community
    hdmi built into usb
    clearer screen (depends on person)

I have the evo because I like HTC's added things like awesome lockscreen that has weather and quick shortcuts.

Also I trust HTC to get uspdates out faster and better long term support.

The 3d is fun and I love to show it off.

The phone is fast and hasn't lagged. I say hold each one and look at the screen. You can't go wrong either way.

Oh the photon will have a higher resell value because it can have a sim.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    People seem to be pretty happy with the HTC EVO 3D and Motorola Photon.

There is a survey of EVO 3D owners asking
    Are you returning your E3D for the Motorola Photon?

2.5% said yes.

The EVO 3D and Photon have big displays, thin, light, dual core, 1024MB RAM, microSD, HDMI, DLNA, and zoom.

Look at the Comparison but try them and see what feels best to you. You may want the Pre 3 after you compare them all. But you have already owned several HTC's including the Treo 600, Treo 650, and Treo 700p.

BTW - Still love your avatar.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/03/2011 at 08:18 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses. I went to the sprint store and checked out the Photon. The screen is definitely not at nice as the Evo's though you probably cant tell the difference in normal light. The 16 GB of internal ram and GSM support were intriguing but I just didn't like the feel of MotoBlur and decided to go for the Evo 3D instead. This is going to be a huge adjustment for me going from webos to andriod but we'll see how it goes. I played with the old Pixi on display as well...sad there was no webos device to replace my old Pre -...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I went to the sprint store and checked out the Photon. The screen is definitely not at nice as the Evo's though you probably cant tell the difference in normal light. The 16 GB of internal ram and GSM support were intriguing but I just didn't like the feel of MotoBlur and decided to go for the Evo 3D instead. This is going to be a huge adjustment for me going from webos to andriod but we'll see how it goes. I played with the old Pixi on display as well...sad there was no webos device to replace my old Pre -...
    I hope you enjoy Android. I certainly do. For questions about your phone whether it be rooting, apps, etc... You will find everything you need to know here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1095
    HTC has been better about supporting their device compared to Motorola. So my vote goes for EVo 3D also, 3D is an intriguing feature because of its ability to create content not just consume and may come in handy.
    In a weird coincidence, I just watched Phonedog's dog fight of the two phones in question: Motorola PHOTON 4G vs. HTC EVO 3D Dogfight Part 1 | PhoneDog

spoiler alert: they give it to the Photon 4G by a narrow margin
    palm was my first love and I will never be as excited for a phone as I was the pre! I am writing this on my touchpad and I enjoy using it everyday. That being said I wanted to be a more open minded person so I tried out the photon. I am really enjoying using it. Webos still does so many things better but we have to face the facts that there are no webOS phones on sprint. Voice to text/email/search is absolutely amazing. I also this the screen is so beautiful. I would go with the photon