Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    WebOS still doesn't have a navigation software. This is really bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by webosfreak View Post
    Look for nDrive in the App Catalogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    sadly, I would love the pre3, but the lack of a release date, the questionable support of its OS version (2.x something with release, ? Upgrade potential) and the enigma of what kind of apps it will support- these are way too many questions to charge a premium price for the device. I have no sense of HP's direction and much reason to doubt app developer support for webOS smartphones as HP is very tablet orientated at this point and we have heard NOTHING about the pre3 from HP in a long while. Will devs be making apps for the pre3? Kindle was just released on the TP- no mention of pre3 or pre2 or veer support. Granted, the kindle is more worthwhile on the TP size, but point is HP is doing a lot of talk and some action on their tablet but nothing about their smartphones. Nothing.at.all.

for smartphones, the road looks very dim for atleast one more year.

sad. My pre plus is now a feature phone- stale OS (2.1), no new apps, and no upgrade path.
    This is exactly how I feel. I have the Pre-. I love the form factor, but would like a slightly larger screen. I love the OS. The Pre 3 sounds perfect. Except for all the things you mention. Oh, and I'd like to stick with Sprint.

If, through some miracle, the Pre 3 comes the Sprint, I might give it a try. But I'm probably moving to Android. I think I will wait and see if those fuzzy pictures represent an Android vertical slider, and if so, wait for that one. If not, the (last generation, stale) XPRT is looking pretty good.
    hp has a vision I'm sure. But I don't see it, from a purely smartphone point of view. I don't want a tablet right now. I want a smartphone.
    fmarcanojr and bausti25 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    Debates can be fun and informative. Its when they turn into arguments that they need to be swept under a rug lol. I hope I walked on the right side of that line with my posts in this thread.
    Constructive discussion I'm all for, but it's the pointless ones that jump in that gets me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If you keep deleting all the 'pointless' posts,will you have any forums left?
    Quote Originally Posted by webosfreak View Post
    Sprint version does.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    If you keep deleting all the 'pointless' posts,will you have any forums left?
    There's a reason why there's AndroidCentral and TiPB. This isn't Disqus on Engadget.

You don't go McDonald's and say, "I'm sorry but the Big Mac sucks so heading out across the street to get a Whopper".
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 07/19/2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    There's a reason why there's AndroidCentral and TiPB. This isn't Disqus on Engadget.
    Then what is the point of having a Other Platforms and Other handhelds forum/subforum if we can't discuss other platforms/handhelds?

Isn't the purpose of this forum to compare/contrast other platforms against webOS for the sole purpose of allowing one to weigh their options and be educated if they currently own a webOS device?

I'm not saying that's to debate which is better but to highlight the weaknesses AND STRENGTHS on both sides of the fence.

It doesn't matter where you go, AndroidCentral, TIPB, etc. there has to be a place to compare other platforms with its users and gain a perspective of that particular platform from their usage, likes, dislikes, etc.
    Last edited by barkerja; 07/19/2011 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    It is not a part of Webos and on the carriers you pay $10.00 a month for navigation.
    Sprint includes navigation in their "simply everything" plan, so no, you don't pay $10/month extra. (Of course, with Sprint you pay $10/month just to have a smart phone . . .)

I find that google maps meets my navigation needs, despite not doing the turn-by-turn thing.

You don't go McDonald's and say, "I'm sorry but the Big Mac sucks so heading out across the street to get a Whopper".
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Then what is the point of having a Other Platforms and Other handhelds forum/subforum if we can't discuss other platforms/handhelds?

Isn't the purpose of this forum to compare/contrast other platforms against webOS for the sole purpose of allowing one to weigh their options and be educated if they currently own a webOS device?

I'm not saying that's to debate which is better but to highlight the weaknesses AND STRENGTHS on both sides of the fence.

It doesn't matter where you go, AndroidCentral, TIPB, etc. there has to be a place to compare other platforms from the perspective of that platform you're currently using.
    Well, I assume that you can say, "I like the way Burger King grills its meat better, so I have been purchasing my burgers there." That's a lot more useful and less confrontational than "the Big Mac sucks".

I was just making a little joke towards the mod, next time i'll wink so as not to confuse anyone.
    <staff edit>

In any case, I think the point that was being made is possibly your friend hasn't particularly learned the shortcuts or how to use their phone to its fullest extent yet.

For example, from my understanding of Android (and it's been a while since I've used an Android device) is they could have simply hit the search button (from the homescreen) which would have taken them to the universal search. From there, they could have proceeded to begin typing the contact they were looking for, as they were typing the contact matches would begin to appear at which point they could have selected the contact and seen the phone number (or possibly even seen the number from the list).

This really is no different than how it functions on webOS. A mobile OS is sometimes only as strong as its user.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/19/2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: quote removed - original deleted

It doesn't matter where you go, AndroidCentral, TIPB, etc. there has to be a place to compare other platforms with its users and gain a perspective of that particular platform from their usage, likes, dislikes, etc.
    And you mistook my point. I'm talking about the "Big Mac sucks" and doesn't back it up posts.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Well, I assume that you can say, "I like the way Burger King grills its meat better, so I have been purchasing my burgers there." That's a lot more useful and less confrontational than "the Big Mac sucks".
    Exactly. But what I've seen a lot lately is whenever some phone pops up it's just "Pre 3 r teh sux0r!!!!!oneeleven OH NO NOT ON SPRINT!!!".

That's exactly the purpose of this forum - to compare/contrast webOS devices and the competitors. The only time we stop threads or posts is if they are only meant to slam webOS on a webOS site, or go to the 'my dad is bigger than your dad' route. If posts come up simply to talk about some new competitor app or lay the smack down on webOS, or only talk about some new competitor device with no relevancy to this site, then we'll route the discussion to one of our sister-sites. Otherwise, as long as the discussions in these 'other' forums stay topical and civilized (and not degrade into debates), it's fine.

And Big Macs do suck.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12