1.    #1  
    This is a pretty interesting concept, a solar-powered smartphone. Unfortunately, the reviewer reported difficulty getting the solar charger to work and Sprint reports an hour of solar charging only gets you 20 minutes talk time, and personally I think they went a little overboard with the environmental theme, but it's an interesting concept nonetheless.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/sprin...mkcpgn=rssnws1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Solar power is kind of an iffy tech in small scale application like this. Personally, I was impressed they could get 20 minutes out of an hour of charging. I was expecting more like 5 minutes from an hour of charging with a panel that small.

BTW, obligatory comment:
    Tomorrow Apple adds it to their "look and feel" law suit against Samsung! :P
    I always thought it would be cool to have some solar charging ability on my phone, not to replace wired (well, touchstone) charging but to add a little extra to my battery life throughout the day. Lord knows my pre- needs it.
    Stay Hungry. Satisfied people never change the World.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Solar power is kind of an iffy tech in small scale application like this. Personally, I was impressed they could get 20 minutes out of an hour of charging. I was expecting more like 5 minutes from an hour of charging with a panel that small.

BTW, obligatory comment:
    Tomorrow Apple adds it to their "look and feel" law suit against Samsung! :P
    Apple files patent for "solar cells on portable devices" -- Engadget
    This is the Samsung Replenish that has been out for months.

Usually the big feature mentioned is that you are not charged the $10/month premium data fee for this phone. The other is that it is a Pixi/BlackBerry style phone.