• 1 Post By milominderbinde
  • 1 Post By ogeneo
  • 1 Post By Useraid
  • 2 Post By donm527
  • 1 Post By Useraid
  1.    #1  

Image credit: Thisismynext.com

From: Apple Preparing For New iPhone in Third Quarter - WSJ.com

Apple has ordered key components for a new iPhone it is aiming to launch by the end of September, said people familiar with the situation.

These people said the new iPhone is expected to be similar to the current iPhone 4, but thinner and lighter with an improved eight-megapixel camera.

...One person familiar with the matter said the new iPhone will operate on Qualcomm Inc.'s wireless chips.

..."Hon Hai [Foxconn] Chairman Terry Guo said last month that the yield rate of Apple's touch-screen devices hasn't been satisfactory and has hurt its profitability."

"The touch-screen devices are so thin. It's really difficult to install so many components into the iPhones and iPads," Mr. Gou said. "We hope to raise the yield rate and volume in the second half, which will help improve our gross margin."

...Still, "Apple's sales estimates of the new iPhone are quite aggressive. It told us to prepare to help the company meet its goal of 25 million units by the end of the year," said a person at one of Apple's suppliers. "The initial production volume will be a few million units."

IBT: "The next version of the iPhone, expected to be released in the company's traditional summer launch schedule in June in coordination with its annual developers conference, will be the radical change speculators have been looking for."

The Pre 3, Veer, TouchPad are also manufactured by Foxconn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 07/07/2011 at 10:32 AM.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    And dont forget the rumor of possible revolutionary charging method.

2012 iPhone rumored to feature new charging method | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
    Who's waiting for a Pre 3 now?

Apples does in one year what HP does in three
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

2012 iPhone rumored to feature new charging method | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
    Note that is for the iPhone 6 next June. We saw the patents for this over the past year. It is expected to be like the Powermat, Enerergizer Wireless Charger, Duracell myGrid and Touchstone wireless charging. Actually it was Nicholas Tesla who held all the original patents.

The iPhone 6 is also expected to have full Near Field Communication for File, URL, & Contact Sharing, Gaming, Instant Bluetooth Pairing, Ticketing, Boarding pass, Coupons, ID card, Keycard, and of course Mobile Payment.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    ah... they kept saying 2012 phone i still thought it was iphone 5 until the last sentence where they mention 6. sorry.

i have a 3gs and actually been happy with not going 4 and the 5 kinda sounds interesting. but i also heard LTE wasnt gonna be on 4 and may on 5... so I'll probably wait on 5.
  6.    #6  
    ah... they kept saying 2012 phone i still thought it was iphone 5 until the last sentence where they mention 6. sorry.

i have a 3gs and actually been happy with not going 4 and the 5 kinda sounds interesting. but i also heard LTE wasnt gonna be on 4 and may on 5... so I'll probably wait on 5.
    The reason for changing to the Qualcomm radio chips is expected to be to allow LTE.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The biggest game changer for the participants on this forum would be the Sprint iPhone 5.

Why Apple's iPhone 5 will be available on all U.S. carriers this year
    A lot of people came to Sprint for the Pre because Palm "...says its new smartphone, the Pre, is an iPhone killer." Roger McNamee said:

"You know the beautiful thing: June 29, 2009, is the two-year anniversary of the first shipment of the iPhone," McNamee noted. "Not one of those people will still be using an iPhone a month later."

No product could live up to that promise. Now the CEO says: "The one lesson I have learned from this, and I’m driving my engineers crazy with this, is that we will not release a product that isn’t perfect."

The Pre 3 will be amazing and unlike anything else. But no product can live up to the promise that it will be perfect.

In the words of Pogo, "We have met the enemy and he is us."
    sinsin07 likes this.
    no worries here, pre-4 will match Iphone-4 specs for specs. Just wait and see!
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  9.    #9  
    I should have noted that it was the Wall Street Journal who gave us nearly the exact specs for the iPad 2 in August of last year. The WSJ seems to have really good sources in the Foxconn supply chain.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Sarcasm?

Like the touchpad matched the iPad-1
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    In the coming millennia
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Apple patent suggests wireless device charging | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

According to a recent Apple patent, users may one day be able to charge their iPhones and iPads wirelessly. The patent, titled "Wireless power utilization in a local computing environment," describes a way that computers, such as an iMac or MacBook, could charge a device like the iPhone when it is put within three feet of the computer. The technology works using near field magnetic resonance (NFMR) power transmission.
    Yeah but by then the iPhone 6 will be out
    Or at the pace HP goes... Gulp... iPhone 7?!

kkhanmd and sinsin07 like this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Tsk, what doubters. Remember Pre 3 is coming in the fall.

Never said what year though!
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Sarcasm?

Like the touchpad matched the iPad-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatila View Post
    In the coming millennia
    Yeah but by then the iPhone 6 will be out
    Or at the pace HP goes... Gulp... iPhone 7?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatila View Post
    Tsk, what doubters. Remember Pre 3 is coming in the fall.

Never said what year though!
    You guys are so funny, I had to "like" each one of you.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Thanks milominderbinder for another informative post.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    However based on previous comments on this board, it appears webos fans don't want to know their favorite devices are also made by Foxconn. Only Apple is abusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Note that is for the iPhone 6 next June. We saw the patents for this over the past year. It is expected to be like the Powermat, Enerergizer Wireless Charger, Duracell myGrid and Touchstone wireless charging. Actually it was Nicholas Tesla who held all the original patents.

The iPhone 6 is also expected to have full Near Field Communication for File, URL, & Contact Sharing, Gaming, Instant Bluetooth Pairing, Ticketing, Boarding pass, Coupons, ID card, Keycard, and of course Mobile Payment.
    We shall see. Apple appears to like to stretch out their hardware improvements over time, that way they can encourage the "upgrade".
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    When I saw that, I honestly thought "what? isn't taking then money directly from my bank account good enough now?" ;-)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...