1.    #1  
    hmm... i think they invented a new way to charge a smartphone that's going to WOW the world

2012 iPhone rumored to feature new charging method | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

edit... this is talking about iphone6... i thought it was iphone 5
    Last edited by donm527; 07/07/2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Didn't Apple file for a near field charging patent where bringing an iPhone within a 5 foot range of a Mac would automatically charge it without any docking required?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Didn't Apple file for a near field charging patent where bringing an iPhone within a 5 foot range of a Mac would automatically charge it without any docking required?
    Yes. Somewhere here in this subforum you'll see a thread I started about just that. Also, Apple has a patent for a mobile LCD display that doubles as a solar panel.

Edit:

Apple patent suggests wireless device charging | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

According to a recent Apple patent, users may one day be able to charge their iPhones and iPads wirelessly. The patent, titled "Wireless power utilization in a local computing environment," describes a way that computers, such as an iMac or MacBook, could charge a device like the iPhone when it is put within three feet of the computer. The technology works using near field magnetic resonance (NFMR) power transmission.
    Last edited by barkerja; 07/07/2011 at 03:15 PM.