Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  1.    #1  
    See: HTC Droid Incredible 2 Review

Everyone else has reviewed the HTC Droid Incredible 2, and now comes AnandTech with their very comprehensive review.
    "A year ago I proudly proclaimed that the Incredible was clearly better than the Nexus One...Since then we've seen Google improve Android tremendously....Unfortunately the...Incredible 2 also doesn't ship with Gingerbread..."
    The good: A nice upgrade from the original 3.7" Droid Incredible. Front camera added.

The bad: The DInc 2 lacks 4G but service costs the same as LTE phones. The DInc 2 is a 4" 480 x 800 display. The Droid X2 at 4.3" 540 x 960 is the same price and is actually smaller than the DInc overall. The DInc lacks HDMI out and is single core.

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 is a 2010 phone released into a 2011 world. The EVO 3D, Thunderbolt 4G, and Sensation show that HTC does know what it takes to have a winner in 2011.

For these reasons the DInc is not included in the phone comparison.

Here is the phonearena Droid Incredible 2 comparison with the Droid X2 and Thunderbolt.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 07/04/2011 at 12:13 PM.
    The phone may end up being cheaper on contract though, since it lacks the proper 2011 bells and whistles.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The phone may end up being cheaper on contract though, since it lacks the proper 2011 bells and whistles.
    You are rignt.

I just checked and Best Buy has already discounted DInc to $149 after barely a month. "Free on contract" here we come.

I asked a Verizon store manager about the DInc 2 last weekend. He said that the beginning of the month is when people become eligible for upgrades. They always want to know "What's the best phone?" Whatever they get, they will be stuck with for two years.

The 4.3" HTC Thunderbolt LTE was already out when the DInc 2 was released. The DInc never had a chance at $200. But at $29 on contract the DInc could sell huge numbers.

HTC just has to swallow their pride.
    Well, working with CDMA AND GSM, is a winner to me!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Just got an Incredible S a couple of weeks ago for $0 w/contract(for the gf), which I understand to be the Incredible 2, from what I've read. It's a pretty nice phone with a steep learning curve, ie. steep meaning it doesn't take long at all to figure out (gf never had a smart phone before).

Having only had the Palm Pre as a comparison, it IS a pretty sweet phone. No HDMI isn't really a deal-breaker. We were told that it would get the 2.3 update that the Matrix wasn't going to get(BellMo).

She was a little hesitant as she thought it was too much phone for her, but starting to come around as she goes along. Battery life seems to be about the only issue found so far.

Also it's advertised as 4G on the BellMo site.
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/04/2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well, working with CDMA AND GSM, is a winner to me!!

Best Regards...
    Do you travel outside of the US and roaming internationally?
    Do you travel outside of the US and roaming internationally?
    No... I live outside of the US! With this options, just need to unlock the smart, buy and use the Sim Cards from your destiny! Ah, Moleque!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    milominderbinde likes this.