1.    #1  
    It's another example of money can't buy everything. After experiencing tremendous growth, the kind of growth that made some analysts predict Windows Phone will take the top spot by 2015, it looks like that growth is starting to level off. Less people are interested in getting a Windows phone now than they were before Windows Phone 7 launched.

The article does say that 10% market share for Windows Phone is more bad news for M$, but it is a growing OS after all, and has managed to reach a third of Android and iOS size in less than a year. The article also says WP7 had no chance before the Nokia deal. I think it's easy to make that statement when you can't prove it. WP7 was growing before Nokia came along, although Nokia can only help.

http://m.blogs.computerworld.com/18192/more_bad_news_for_windows_phone_7_report_says_consumer_interest_is_waning

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It's not over yet. from what I've been reading, Google may have failed to gain important Nortel patents. That may or may not spell trouble for Android. But if it does, WP7 can gain. We've seen how fast things can change in the mobile world.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I figure interest will increase with the mango update too.
    What part is the surprise?
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Windows Phone will do just fine. Right now there aren't a lot of new "cool" Windows Phone's, however there is a new wave coming. The market generally goes after whatever is being pushed to them, and right now Android is being pushed (i.e. Evo 3D and Droid 3). I think by 2013 we'll see who is a winner and a looser. I think it will be Apple, Google, Microsoft with WebOS and RIM in a distant forth/5th. I love WebOS but I don't see it doing well unless HP does actually start working with other OEM's to make WebOS branded devices. Then I don't know what will happen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    What part is the surprise?
    Judging from the app numbers you would think people are flocking to this platform, but the reality is that consumer interest is leveling off. It remains to be seen if Mango and Nokia can get growth ramped up again.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It's the Windows brand. People don't associate it with anything positive. Apple's seen as "cool", Nokia is seen as "reliable" etc. People I've recommended WP7 to usually have the have the response of "ugh... windows". Once they start to pump out awesome phones and get people to try the OS, they'll begin to gain marketshare, no problems.