1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See Link.

Take care,

Jay

Australian iPhone users angry over Apple charging more for online apps
    By Mitchell Toy From: Sunday Herald Sun July 03, 2011 12:00AM

Australian iPhone users angry over Apple charging more for online apps | Smartphone News & Reviews | News.com.au

Australian Apple users are paying a third more for apps than users in the US. Picture: Brad Hunter Source: The Daily Telegraph
    Apps costing Aussie users a third more
    Angry users say they are being penalised
    Software could double gadget battery life
    APPLE is charging up to a third more for online apps in Australia than in the US, despite a surging Aussie dollar.
    An Apple pricing matrix list obtained by the Sunday Herald Sun shows apps that sell for US99c in the US sell for $1.19 in Australia, despite the downloaded product being exactly the same.

By the current exchange rate, the US price of the app equates to 94c.

Apps that cost $US5.99 in the US cost $8.99 here, when the exchange rate puts the American cost of the apps at $5.69.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    So what's the point of this post? What does it have to do with the TP?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Hi,

RE: Please note this is the "Other Handhelds" section!

If you will notice, I did post it in the section marked "Other Handhelds".....since the Iphone isn't made by HP or Palm...it qualifies under the subject of "Other Handhelds"!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Nothing to do with anything really, he just has wood for Apple and looks to drag them thorough the mud whenever possible. I think I read something a while back how he wrote them letters or something and they ignored them.

It gets old and he stated previously that he would not post Apple news, some things never change.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Nothing to do with anything really, he just has wood for Apple and looks to drag them thorough the mud whenever possible. I think I read something a while back how he wrote them letters or something and they ignored them.

It gets old and he stated previously that he would not post Apple news, some things never change.
    Hi,

No I stated That I was thru commenting on Apple products....G-D forbid I should EVER express a negative opinion of Apple ever again......what will happen?? An effigy of Mr. Jobs will burned on my front lawn... Therefore it's news...and since it is in the other handheld section it shouldn't be a problem....keep in mind I didn't write the article...unless I need permission to post anything that you don't care for!

take care,

Jay
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 07/03/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    If it's in Other Handhleds, why complain?

From what I understand, Australians often get screwed over when it comes to pricing. I believe they pay close to $100 for video games, from what I've read. At least certainly more than the $60 we pay in the US. MP3 players cost more, Apple products are more, etc. , etc. I think video game consoles also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If you think that's bad, look into vehicle and housing prices in Australia.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If it's in Other Handhleds, why complain?

From what I understand, Australians often get screwed over when it comes to pricing. I believe they pay close to $100 for video games, from what I've read. At least certainly more than the $60 we pay in the US. MP3 players cost more, Apple products are more, etc. , etc. I think video game consoles also.

Hi & THANK YOU! I thought perhaps I miss understood what "other handhelds meant!

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    If you think that's bad, look into vehicle and housing prices in Australia.
    Hi all,

Most Island nations/states get raked over the coals over pricing...The U.S. Virgin Islands, (USVI) the British VI & Hawaii have insane prices...I have friend who lived in USVI for 30 some odd years...she finally threw in the towel b/c of the prices...and if I thought the prices were insane in the VI try Japan (a cup of Joe was over $10 when I was there 14 years ago) and Hawaii is almost as expensive as Japan....then again even in NY county, (Manhattan) grocery prices are far higher than in the outer Boros, (Brooklyn (AKA Kings county), Queens, Staten Island (AKA Richmond & The Bronx)...I basing that on my 38 years of being a NY'er.

When I was in Honolulu I asked several families how they can afford to live there and they said "even with 2 jobs each its tough"!

Take care,

Jay
    Actually, apple is giving us Australians a fairly good deal when compared with ore areas. A Jaguar XJ SuperSport costs about 110000 UDS in the US,but almost 400000AUD in Australia. For newly released PS3 games, we pay 120AUD, and I payed 900AUD for my old treo pro vs about 500 USD. So, apple isn't ripping us off too badly. Even though, when the TP is eventually released here, I hope that HP doesn't copy Apple's pricing as iPads start at about 600AUD here. (or maybe I should just import one, but I am unsure about it accepting my credit card)
    600AUD would be ok if the exchange rate was the same as it was last year (1AUD=0.83USD), but now that the exchange rate is 1AUD=1.07USD, you're certainly getting ripped off. I know guys down there that are in the market for 4x4s and the prices are usually at least 2x what they are in the US. Four times the price for a vehicle is crazy. I wonder who's pocketing the difference.
    I got 128.797 USD exchange rate off XE.com for video games. That's way worse than I thought. MORE than double the US price?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12.    #12  
    Yikes! take care,

Jay