Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone switched back to the Palm Pre- from the new Evo 3D? If so, for what reason(s)?
    Ive got both
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Ive got both
    How do they compare in your eyes? Which one do you prefer and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    How do they compare in your eyes? Which one do you prefer and why?
    well ive had my pre- for almost 2 years and my wife's evo 3d has been around for only a couple of days.

So, that makes it a little unfair comparison.

that being said, the evo 3d battery is pretty terrible. usually makes it about 2/3 of a day before its dead. my pre- gets to about 35-40% after an entire day.

evo 3d....3d pictures are really neat....except they've all gotta be taken in landscape.

evo 3d....you cant even create other picture folders to sort out your pictures. so, its little screen saver thing ends up showing you every picture on your phone...including those you dont want to see (like my wife has pictures of a previous car wreck saved...who wants to view those again???)

settings are all spread out through the system. nothing is altogether like it should be in webos.

my wife uses it mainly for a phone + camera + angry birds. so, it performs well for her.

android app market is WORSE than ios app market....and I hate ios app market if that tells you anything. its only slightly better than the blackberry app market
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Do you have 4g turned on or off for that batery life?

How many hours of speaker usage / video?

Trying to gauge batery life.
    Mines much better than my pre. The thing that destroys battery for me is the screen. Keep that off enough and im fine. all day easy.

Might find more here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...thread-29.html

"time of death 6 hours in this it included 1hr n 20 minutes of green hornet 1 hr internet +15 on fb 30 text messages 2 auto syns, 2 restarts, turned my phone on like 15 times just to check went into email 4 times"

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Damn, I almost jumped today. Sprint gave me a credit to get the Evo. I went to the store and couldn't do it. I feel like a complete ***** having separation anxiety over waiting to get a new pre and not wasting my upgrade.

Anyone else in my boat? I don't really know why I'm having issues with giving up my Pre. But to tell you the truth, no other os makes sense to me

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    dj ozone, mk3, kilroy and 7 others like this.
  8.    #8  
    How does the quality of the E3D's 2D pictures compare to that of the Pre's?
    It's much better. 5mp that has Auto focus and Dual flash.

Battery of using it all day, mostly wifi, was 12hrs until I hit 15% low battery warning.

(use the phone built in editor some too)
    Last edited by IcerC; 07/03/2011 at 12:38 PM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by twizardt View Post
    Damn, I almost jumped today. Sprint gave me a credit to get the Evo. I went to the store and couldn't do it. I feel like a complete ***** having separation anxiety over waiting to get a new pre and not wasting my upgrade.

Anyone else in my boat? I don't really know why I'm having issues with giving up my Pre. But to tell you the truth, no other os makes sense to me
    I am in the same boat. My pre-'s earpiece speaker went out a few weeks ago. I got a replacement from Sprint that was even worse, no one could hear me on a call and the earpiece speaker went in and out. I got a replacement for that a few days ago and the proximity sensor doesn't work so i keep hanging up on people. I am going to start a hellish couple of months with A LOT of time being on call at the hospital. I NEED to have a reliable phone at the very least. I love WebOS. I had my original Pre- since day 2. But it's looking like I may have to use my upgrade sooner than later. I am sick of holding out waiting just to learn IF an HP phone will be coming to Sprint. I have done the whole email Dan's office thing and spoke with them on the phone but I got nothing out of them.
    Like you, I just can't quite bring myself to make the switch though! I am toying with the idea of doing it today...I just don't know!
    I am looking into the Evo 3D within a few weeks!

I find the thread interesting. I will keep an eye on this thread! I will chime in with my time with an Evo 3D after I get it. Let you know what I miss most about WebOS and everything in general!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    @preternatural

Ive had mine since 6/6/2009 at 7am and its killing me. My pre IS really dying just like yours. I know what's going to happen, we are going to jump for no other reason than we have to and then they are going to release the pre in September. Damn them all :-)
    Let me know what you decide to do. Maybe I can take solace in someone else having the same problem....lol

Thanks!

the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    I have both. I needed more than my Pre- could give but I couldn't part with it. I bought a 2nd one from someone on this site for a backup. Still hoping HP & Sprint will make nice someday. I love webOS!! I find it can do sooo much more than my Pre- but I still love my Pre-. My battery lasts a LOT longer on the 3D than my Pre-. I turn data off on the Pre- but can keep it on at work with the 3D. I also use JuiceDefender on the 3D, which helps.
    After returning my Epic4G after experiencing the nightmare that is Android, I considered getting the hottest, most advanced 'feature-phone' I could find on eBay to use on Sprint until the next webOS phone arrived. Figured it might be fun to have a phone that lasts a week on a charge and I've got my netbook with me usually anyway.

Ended up getting a Verizon Pre Plus for less than a hundred bucks and couldn't be happier.

I couldn't stand not really being able to do more than one thing at a time. And the battery still wouldn't make it through a full day. At least with the Pre, I have a touchstone in the car, in the kitchen, at my desk and on the nightstand. That and the constant bombardment on the Android phone begging me to buy things, spend more money, and the trick placement of advertisements alll over the place drove me nuts.

Oh, and it would crash much more often than my Pre by far. Much more often.

Wouldn't know about the Evo3D. Maybe it's a different experience. It's just that the saleslady told me it was the hottest phone with a keyboard and I stupidly bit.

Had a hell of a time getting them to remove the 10 a month fee they tacked on for activating the Epic (funny that I had to pay more for a phone that does less) after getting my Pre reactivated. The store wouldn't do it but I got it done with customer service and they gave me 300 free minutes to boot. Seriously .... they wanted me to pay an extra 120 dollars a year to use the same exact physical phone I was using prior to the Epic.

Moral of the story is to be absolutely sure you want to make a switch as big as this before 'trying' a different kind of phone.

I know I'll be happy with a Pre2 on Sprint if it comes down to that. My upgrade is gathering dust for now on my account.
    Here's a quick look at how my 3d is set up.

Does much more than the pre ever did.

I had the optimus s for 7 months and it rarely crashed. Froze two times and that was while podcasting and navigating and charging. The evo 3d hasn't even stuttered yet.

Stay away from samsung that was probably the issue.

barkerja and cnote1287 like this.
    I've been having the "phantom screen touches" issue with my launch day Pre-, and I'm seriously considering the Evo 3D, but I just want to be sure the Pre 3 is not coming to Sprint first... Come on Sprint/HP, tell us already so we can move on.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Twizardt-
    Well I went and got the EVO 3d yesterday. It is a very solid piece of work! the 3d thing is all just fluff and gives me a headache so i probably won't use it much, but the rest is all pretty cool. It's fast, is solidly constructed, and has a lot of apps!! I still find myself trying to swipe and do miss the intuitive nature of WebOS!
    Check out the link in IcerC's post (#6). It is a support thread for WebOS users and has a ton of information!
    I am really going to miss my Pre and WebOS and who knows maybe in a year there will be some really cool WebOS phones to come back to. Man, if WebOS was on the 3d...!
    If you have to switch like I did because you have no choice, then do it and don't feel bad. At the very least give it a try, you have 30 days to go back!
    Preternatural,

I wish you the best of luck. Maybe "in the coming months" we will all have something cool to use from Hp besides a tablet.

It's really ashame that we have been forced to go elsewhere. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I probably will jump to the evo or the new moto coming coming out in a month.

Thanks, good luck and hope to see you around here!

the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    I was just messing with Youtube on one of my friend's phones and I realized what a dinosaur the Pre is. It's sooooo slow (even overclocked) in comparison and so small and everybody's playing Android games together. I feel like a nerd with my old, broken-down Pre. I only know one person who actually owns a Palm phone besides myself. The Evo 3D is looking awfully tempting. I don't even care about the 3D aspect, just the bigger screen, more power and more apps. I don't think my phone is going to make it another month before it actually falls apart on me. I think I'm going to have to get the Evo 3D. If HP does release a phone for Sprint, I'll just sell it the Evo and get the WebOS phone.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    <<thread moved>>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast