Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #21  
    Since I have my Franken pre I am not tempted to get any other phone. I use my friends evo at work all the time and usually cant wait to give it back to them. Just dont like the way it looks and works, seem like a step back to me even with a big screen.
  2. #22  
    because we are used to webos palm pre.. Duh..... Realistically, Android is better which is why they are more successful and the phone cmpanies know it. I'm just waiting for the pre 3. Big screen, large physical keyboard, and maybe sprint? We will see. I would have Android on a 4 1/2 inch screen already but I'm so used to physical keyboard that I see it hard to get used to it. My Gf has the EVO 3D now and all I can say it's a joke how we PRE owners bash on it based on FAVORITISM, duh. This is y we are here in the forums, cuz we love our pres. But seein my gfs EVO its just a whole diff beast with 4G as well. Too bad they couldn't out a physical board on it
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    because we are used to webos palm pre.. Duh..... Realistically, Android is better which is why they are more successful and the phone cmpanies know it. I'm just waiting for the pre 3. Big screen, large physical keyboard, and maybe sprint? We will see. I would have Android on a 4 1/2 inch screen already but I'm so used to physical keyboard that I see it hard to get used to it. My Gf has the EVO 3D now and all I can say it's a joke how we PRE owners bash on it based on FAVORITISM, duh. This is y we are here in the forums, cuz we love our pres. But seein my gfs EVO its just a whole diff beast with 4G as well. Too bad they couldn't out a physical board on it
    I strongly disagree that android is better. I would have one already.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I strongly disagree that android is better. I would have one already.
    Eeh... everything's subjective.

    Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
  5. #25  
    Well Google is certainly better at getting Android's name out and into users hands and into developers' minds. That is webOS's problem. Better or not, many mainstream people don't know it and get what they do know, then say what they know about is better. Same with iOS. Sprint is not doing webOS any favors either, for those still on the old Pre. I'm surprised that AT&T carries more new webOS than Sprint.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    ...
    that being said, the evo 3d battery...
    The Android Getting Started guide has a Extend Your Battery section that should really help you. There is a similar guide for Extending Battery Life for the Pre. Both have default settings that will kill your battery.
    you cant even create other picture folders...
    Just create folders using ASTRO File Manager like you would with Internalz. If you are using the Copy & Sync Music, Photos, and files tips it is not needed though.
    settings are all spread out through the system...
    Homebrewers have 400+ patches to add options. Google got the same feedback and incorporated hundreds as options. The good thing is that a lot of options. The bad thing is that is a lot to set up initially. Each app has it's own settings just like in webOS. The Setup section will guide you through the OS settings under Home > Menu > Settings.
    android app market is WORSE than ios app market...
    AppBrain is easier to use than the Android Market but there are a lot of sites with a 100 Best Android Apps list. Many favorites are listed by area here: Applications. Also see Keyboards.

    This EVO 3D thread can help you find corresponding webOS settings and apps. For more help on Android phones, check out our sister-site, Android Central.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 07/15/2011 at 07:16 AM.
  7. rahrah12's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #27  
    My Pre- was on its last leg...It was hard for me because I still had my original Pre, never replaced once...but it did need it...I just figured I knew what problems mine had and there was no guarantee that I would get a better one...

    back on topic...

    I originally still used my Pre- even once I got the Evo3D but the battery died on my Pre about a week ago and I haven't touched it since...even with no usage the battery on my Pre didn't last a day. I didn't realize just how bad it was...

    There are a few things that I miss but the Evo3D will be more than enough to last me the next year when I can upgrade again...

    It was hard to leave it behind but I am alrady doing things with my Evo that I didn't bother to do on the Pre, like search the web (screen was too small).
  8. #28  
    I have switched to the 3D after many years with palm.
    The phone part is about the same. The Evo seems louder but I find it much easier to find contacts on the Pre with Just Type.
    The Browser is better on the EVO and naturally faster but not by much. Having Flash is nice. Most people who say they dont want it just dont have a phone with it to se how much nicer it is to have it. Double tap zoom in is WAY better on the Pre.
    The camera is better all around on the 3D. First, it loads up faster by a long shot. And it works all the time (I sometimes would get lag on the Pre).
    The ability of full mirror mode HDMI makes it nice for display pictures and video (and games too).
    Multi-tasking is obviously hands down better on the Pre. You get used to Android but it isnt really anywhere as good.
    The Keyboard is small on the Pre but better. I still cant get used to the on screen keyboard. This is probably my biggest gripe.
    The screen is obviously bigger, so that is just a wash depending on preference. The Evo 3d is too sensitive and often exists apps if you touch the bottom row of buttons.
    The app store is larger on Android. Equal apps perform better on WebOS but the sheer amount of apps compensates for that. Some apps are not great but when you have so many you can move from one to another to another, etc. This always got me with WebOS because iphone people were always doing things I couldn't.
    Notifications are way better on Webos. Especially since you can clear one at a time.
    The Gps is faster and better on the Evo 3D.
    The integrated mail app is better on WebOS. Android has it but it down't work well with Yahoo.
    Suprisingly Sprint TV doesn't have all the channels. Its missing Disney and ESPN.

    Overall, I am satisisfied with EVO 3d features and speed but I do miss the ease, simplisity and grace of WebOS
  9. #29  
    I tease my evo friends at work all the time. I say come here, show me your menu button. I think I can make them cry if I tried hard enough.

    Really though, now that I have my franken pre no android owner can't tell me nothing. That thing is reminds me of my old treo. Just more fancy graphics and a big screen.
  10. #30  
    Menu button for what?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I tease my evo friends at work all the time. I say come here, show me your menu button. I think I can make them cry if I tried hard enough.

    Really though, now that I have my franken pre no android owner can't tell me nothing. That thing is reminds me of my old treo. Just more fancy graphics and a big screen.
    Why would that make them cry?
  12. #32  
    Because they think evo is the best thing since slice bread. I show them my Pre2 and ask how many buttons they see. So when I say show me your menu, home, whatever button it ****es them off and I laugh and tell them to get a real phone with modern sofrware, not a glorified treo.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Because they think evo is the best thing since slice bread. I show them my Pre2 and ask how many buttons they see. So when I say show me your menu, home, whatever button it ****es them off and I laugh and tell them to get a real phone with modern sofrware, not a glorified treo.
    Smh... Sounds like you have very insecure friends then. If they let the number of a phones buttons get to them.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    because we are used to webos palm pre.. Duh..... Realistically, Android is better which is why they are more successful and the phone cmpanies know it. I'm just waiting for the pre 3. Big screen, large physical keyboard, and maybe sprint? We will see. I would have Android on a 4 1/2 inch screen already but I'm so used to physical keyboard that I see it hard to get used to it. My Gf has the EVO 3D now and all I can say it's a joke how we PRE owners bash on it based on FAVORITISM, duh. This is y we are here in the forums, cuz we love our pres. But seein my gfs EVO its just a whole diff beast with 4G as well. Too bad they couldn't out a physical board on it
    Android took the market via brute force plain and simple. The Os is powerful and flexible to a degree but google willed/spent it into our brains.... Its not better. I own both.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    I have switched to the 3D after many years with palm.
    The phone part is about the same. The Evo seems louder but I find it much easier to find contacts on the Pre with Just Type.
    The Browser is better on the EVO and naturally faster but not by much. Having Flash is nice. Most people who say they dont want it just dont have a phone with it to se how much nicer it is to have it. Double tap zoom in is WAY better on the Pre.
    The camera is better all around on the 3D. First, it loads up faster by a long shot. And it works all the time (I sometimes would get lag on the Pre).
    The ability of full mirror mode HDMI makes it nice for display pictures and video (and games too).
    Multi-tasking is obviously hands down better on the Pre. You get used to Android but it isnt really anywhere as good.
    The Keyboard is small on the Pre but better. I still cant get used to the on screen keyboard. This is probably my biggest gripe.
    The screen is obviously bigger, so that is just a wash depending on preference. The Evo 3d is too sensitive and often exists apps if you touch the bottom row of buttons.
    The app store is larger on Android. Equal apps perform better on WebOS but the sheer amount of apps compensates for that. Some apps are not great but when you have so many you can move from one to another to another, etc. This always got me with WebOS because iphone people were always doing things I couldn't.
    Notifications are way better on Webos. Especially since you can clear one at a time.
    The Gps is faster and better on the Evo 3D.
    The integrated mail app is better on WebOS. Android has it but it down't work well with Yahoo.
    Suprisingly Sprint TV doesn't have all the channels. Its missing Disney and ESPN.

    Overall, I am satisisfied with EVO 3d features and speed but I do miss the ease, simplisity and grace of WebOS

    Nicely done. Very information and objective.
  16. #36  
    I like how the anti-Android playbook has gone from "clunky!" to "fragmented!" to "it has 4 buttons!*"





    *until Ice Cream Sandwich launches in a few months
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Here's a quick look at how my 3d is set up.

    Does much more than the pre ever did.

    I had the optimus s for 7 months and it rarely crashed. Froze two times and that was while podcasting and navigating and charging. The evo 3d hasn't even stuttered yet.

    Stay away from samsung that was probably the issue.
    The Optimus S is an LG phone, not samsung. and it is definitely a lower end phone.
  18. #38  
    I switched my entire family to the evo 3d. We all love it. There are a few things we miss but the evo 3d is in a whole different league as far as we are concerned. There is simply so much more functionality available. HP really dropped the ball on hardware and app availability and especially time to market. I promised my son a touchpad for his birthday but after seeing my evo 3d he opted for that instead. He LOVES it.
  19. ashykat's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    #39  
    I'm on Verizon so the evo 3d is not an option for me, but I played with it and can see some of the allure. The new sense has some cool features, particularly from the lock screen. But, try as I have, i just cannot get into android. If I were on sprint and couldn't stand the pre - any longer and didn't want to go with any frankenpre options, I'd switch to the HTC Arrive and WP7. Mango brings with it much better multitasking and I love the fluid nature of wp7. Microsoft actually seems open to a homebrew community too. I thought about getting the HTC trophy but I got a good deal on a pre 2 and love webOS enough to give it some more time under HP to improve.
  20. #40  
    Have been on Evo since August of last year and the sheer flexiability and just faster experience of Android vs. the Pre - is not even a comparision for me.

    Right now i have the Evo3D gingerbread ROM on my phone and that only added to the functionality.

    Again ,i love the idea behind WebOS...but the execution and support is pathetic in comparison.

    Android does not have a solid UI mentality that shows, but is far from a deal breaker...Honeycomb does I think and I'm sure moving forward with ice cream we'll see big improvements.

    Either way, i'm Windows Phone 7 bound this fall once Mango hits.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions