• 1 Post By sinsin07
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI.

Take care,

Jay

iPhone 5, iOS 5 iMessenger leaves BlackBerry in need of merger
    June 29, 2011

iPhone 5, iOS 5 iMessenger leaves BlackBerry in need of merger : Beatweek Magazine

From iMessenger to being the first iPhone to launch on Verizon from day one, the iPhone 5 and iOS 5 are in a position to scoop up outbound BlackBerry users like no previous model has. This comes at a time when analysts are already predicting the demise of RIM, the company which makes the BlackBerry. And to add insult to injury, RIMís PlayBook tablet is being slaughtered in both the critical and sales arenas. The issue, then, is whether the iPhone 5 (with a little help from ever-growing Android sales) could push the diminutive RIM to look for a merger or buyout partner, and who the most likely candidates might be. Hereís a look at the possible suspects.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    RIM should merge with HP and give QNX a try because WebOS 1.0, 2.0, and now 3.0 are complete failures. RIM's patents portfolio is a huge asset and they are not bad in the hardware department. If HP wants to succeed in the tablet and mobile phone market... THEY NEED RIM!!!
    because WebOS 1.0, 2.0, and now 3.0 are complete failures.
    What??????? Poooouutzzz... I came to wrong forum... ???

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    RIM should merge with HP and give QNX a try because WebOS 1.0, 2.0, and now 3.0 are complete failures. RIM's patents portfolio is a huge asset and they are not bad in the hardware department. If HP wants to succeed in the tablet and mobile phone market... THEY NEED RIM!!!
    Hi all.

I like to respond to HP or anyone buying RIM, the only reason why no one has come forward to but RIM, if nothing else for it patents and private email service is b/c even in the horrible shape RIM is in the value of RIM on Wall street is just over 8 BILLION that makes it approx 6.5 times the cost of buying Palm.....

At over $8 Billion no one is even thinking about being a white knight and buying RIM other than Carl Icahn, who would buy the company and brake it up selling it off in pieces b/c at this point the pieces are more than likely worth more than the entire company....(trust me, I have personally know Carl for over 25 years & this is what he does for a living)...

Now to your other point that "WebOS 1.0, 2.0, and now 3.0 are complete failures", I still have a PalmOS phone since I had a contract with V for a centro just before the Pre came out.....so I have NO loyalty to webOS, since I have never even tried it, (although I'm waiting for a Pre3)....

the reviews of webOS have always been excellent to extremely good....most professional reviews like it better than 1OS and certainly better than any of the Android OS. The issue has been hardware NOT software.... additionally are you trolling or a Palm fan???

Take care,

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    What??????? Poooouutzzz... I came to wrong forum... ???

Hi, well said, take care, Jay

Best Regards...
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Actually, the phone in your profile is a complete failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Actually, the phone in your profile is a complete failure.
    Windows Phone Marketplace now populated by 25,000 apps, speeding up rate of growth -- Engadget

off topic. But honestly...if someone asked me should they get a Pre 3 when it comes out or Windows Phone post mango.

1000 times yet on post Mango windows phone.

I already get enough heat from my gf cause she says i made her get a Pre (which she hated).
    snip...not bad in the hardware department. If HP wants to succeed in the tablet and mobile phone market...
    Nope. They're not bad, they're terrible. It's reflected in the stock price and dwindling market share of devices. Their devices for the last two years are just reboots of the same device. You don't do a reboot when you have Apple, Google/Android, Microsoft and now Webos with all systems runnning.

This is why they fail:
    Blackberry models link

As opposed to this:

Android Phones link

snip...THEY NEED RIM!!!
    Only for the patents.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/01/2011 at 08:15 PM.
    KAPS likes this.