1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI.

Take care,

Jay

E-Readers Hit Their Stride While Tablet Growth More Modest
    By RYAN KIM of GigaOm, June 27, 2011

E-Readers Hit Their Stride While Tablet Growth More Modest - NYTimes.com

Spurred on by lower prices and by growing acceptance among college graduates and Hispanic consumers, e-reader usage is taking off, with 12 percent of adults using an e-reader in May, double the rate from November. According to new figures from the Pew Internet Project, e-readers have outpaced tablets, which shot up quickly but have seen slower growth in recent months. Tablets went from 5 percent use among adults in November to 7 percent in January, but inched up only one percent between then and May.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I could see myself with a Kindle type device. I honestly can't figure out why I would have a Tablet.

I really can see no reason for me to own a tablet.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I could see myself with a Kindle type device. I honestly can't figure out why I would have a Tablet.

I really can see no reason for me to own a tablet.
    Hi,

I feel the same way.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Thanks. Interesting stats that young uns are buying the tablets while grey(ing) beards are buying the ereaders.
    The writer thinks ereaders going below the $200 price helped to spur sales and tablets will have to get cheaper to spur adoption, he may be right in this economy.

"Tablet buyers, are meanwhile, are skewing even more male, and younger compared to buyers of e-readers. While e-reader use is almost equal among men and women, 10 percent of men own tablets while just 6 percent of women do. The largest group of tablet users is 18-29 year-olds"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    grey(ing) beards are buying the ereaders.
    "
    Hi,

How did you know I have a gray beard, LOL actually I do!

Take care,

Jay
    I think a lot of people will not upgrade their e reader for years, while people will move to newer tablets more often.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    The divide reflects the video-centric (i.e. - less inclined to read) generation vs. those of us who still enjoy reading a newspaper or a book.

This is not a knock on the under 30 crowd, it's impossible to stereotype people, but the decline in newspapers and bookstores coupled with the rise of media sources online pretty much tells the tale.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Let's also not forget the Nook Color "ereader" and which column those sales end up under.
    It's why I've been beating the drum for HP to enter that market. But with Borders? I don't know...

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )