Hi all,

FYI.

Take care,

Jay

Motorola boss dreaming of a merger?
    HOME > MOTOROLA BOSS DREAMING OF A...
    Martin James, Mobile News

Motorola boss dreaming of a merger? | News Articles | Mobot.net

Motorola boss Sanjay Jha reckons hardware-software company mashups like Palm's acquisition by HP and Nokia's partnership with Microsoft are likely to become increasingly common in the future.

Jha also warned that Motorola's decline from its dominant position five or six years ago should serve as a warning to the likes of Apple of how quickly things can change.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Yep, I can see the iPhone going to the wayside with only devoted fans still buying them.

Reasons:
    1: Steve Jobs will not be CEO forever. No one else at Apple has his charisma.
    2: One phone model a year ain't gonna cut it.
    3: Slow to adopt common features.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Yep, I can see the iPhone going to the wayside with only devoted fans still buying them.

Reasons:
    1: Steve Jobs will not be CEO forever. No one else at Apple has his charisma.
    2: One phone model a year ain't gonna cut it.
    3: Slow to adopt common features.
    1. Jonathan Ives (first guy in this video):

2. Sure it can, Apple makes the most money in the phone industry as their one model outsells anyone elses one model (to be fair, android is fighting against itself). but even then, the rumors are they are going to have two models in september.
    3. While i agree, these features aren't shifting focus aways from the iPhone...the iPhone is, for lack of a better descriptions, the razr of smartphones. Its the smartphone that joe schmo has heard of even if he's never researched into one. its the go to phone in general for many casual consumers. That most likely won't be changing anytime soon.