1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Nokia's CEO just doesn't get it! He is dropping one tech for another...then after one phone dropping it for a 3rd tech...they can't afford to be angering so many potential customers.

The link will take you to the balance of the article and a slide show.

Take care,

Jay

Backlash Against Nokia CEO Overshadows ‘Sea Ray’ Excitement: The Week in Tweets
    Did Nokia CEO Stephen Elop shoot himself in the foot when he “leaked” footage of the company’s first Windows-based smartphone, codenamed “Sea Ray”?

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story...-excitement-th

Almost as quickly as the hype faded over leaked footage of Nokia’s first Windows Phone 7 device, codenamed "Sea Ray," criticism began over the source of the leak—Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop.

Backdrop: on Thursday, during the Nokia Connection conference in Singapore, Elop asked a room full of tech journalists and bloggers to turn off their cameras so he could unveil a big secret. The big secret was “Sea Ray,” Nokia’s first Windows Phone 7 device since Nokia’s high-profile partnership with Microsoft, Elop’s former employer.
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 06/26/2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    linky?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    linky?
    Hi,

1,000,000,000 apologies. the link is with the article and also here as well.

Backlash Against Nokia CEO Overshadows

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I was confused when Nokia announced the new Meego handsets. I can't blame Elop for reminding everyone where Nokia is heading. It just seems like half of Nokia is fighting to keep things the way they were while the other half is pushing the company towards the future.
    In a related article... "In Elop's words, there is no returning to MeeGo, even if the N9 turns out to be a hit," wrote the Finnish daily"

"Unfortunately it left a sour taste in the mouths of MeeGo fans, most of whom are passionate, long-time Nokia users and developers"

Imagine if this happened to us? We're the passionate webOS fans and HP came in and bought Palm, announced they were going to team up with Microsoft for win phone, then announce that Pre3 would be the final webOS phone regardless of its success.... I'd surely be ticked. Poor MeeGo fans. At least with webOS we have a very promising future. I'm so glad this is not happening to us.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I was confused when Nokia announced the new Meego handsets. I can't blame Elop for reminding everyone where Nokia is heading. It just seems like half of Nokia is fighting to keep things the way they were while the other half is pushing the company towards the future.
    Hi all,

LOL, When I read your comment all I could think was what one of my childhood friends who is a Doctor...she got hooked an all of the soap operas while she was on brake in the on call room....she had once said all of the soap operas have at least one person with a multiple personalty disorder, (which most of the Psy community now claims doesn't exist), well it looks as if Nokia has multiple personalty disorder.

LOL

Take care,

Jay
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I think Microsoft has brought the CEO that the reason the CEO is not supporting Meego or Meamo both of which were very good operating systems.
    Right now Windows phone 7 is not that good but still NOkia CEO is quite persistent in launching only win7 device henceforth and not look at Meego success to reevaluate his strategy.
    It is the like the movie Departed, we have a rat(Nokia CEO former Microsoft Employee) in the system.
    I still think Nokia had a good future with Meego or Maemo OS but Destiny screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    In a related article... "In Elop's words, there is no returning to MeeGo, even if the N9 turns out to be a hit," wrote the Finnish daily"

"Unfortunately it left a sour taste in the mouths of MeeGo fans, most of whom are passionate, long-time Nokia users and developers"

Imagine if this happened to us? We're the passionate webOS fans and HP came in and bought Palm, announced they were going to team up with Microsoft for win phone, then announce that Pre3 would be the final webOS phone regardless of its success.... I'd surely be ticked. Poor MeeGo fans. At least with webOS we have a very promising future. I'm so glad this is not happening to us.
    Me too. Us webOS fans have been through some rough times over the past few years, but we have it good compared to the Nokia folks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Me too. Us webOS fans have been through some rough times over the past few years, but we have it good compared to the Nokia folks.
    Hi, How right you are! Take care, Jay
    Nokia is Windows Phone 7 for the foreseeable future. Meego appears to be their side hobby.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Nokia is Windows Phone 7 for the foreseeable future. Meego appears to be their side hobby.
    Hi,

yes your right, however they are burning their customers as they go....Palm dumped PalmOS for webOS b/c they could only go as far as they did with PalmOS.

That is what Nokia did with Symbian...Meego can do so much and more than Symbian can and they are using it for one phone and then dumping that one as well....how do they expect the customer to stay loyal....Palm burned a lot of customers and vendors when it dumped PalmOS...Is it wise for Nokia to do it twice in just a few months???

Take care, Jay
    But at the very least, they are telling you upfront that they will not be putting effort into Meego.

if you want a meego device, there you go....maybe some other company takes up the meego mantle...but Nokia probably was pretty much done with this device and figured lets put it out for the meego fans...but just understand, this is not our direction anymore.