Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I am on the verge of picking up the new EVO 3D but I'm definitely on the fence. I LOVE WebOS but I'm getting tired of the constant lag and MANY glitches. I own a launch day Palm PRE and I'm sure/hoping some of these issues will get worked out with the impeding arrival of the PRE 3 but of course, there's no release date. The Touchpad looks promising especially with the Touch-to-Share integration feature with the PRE 3. The specs of the EVO 3D simply look amazing. I'm SO torn!

Please provide some "real" reasons to switch or to keep waiting. Don't just say things like the EVO/Android or PRE/WebOS rocks!

This is a serious plea for help. Thanks!
    Does Costco sell it?
    Remember you have 30 days to return a device.
    It might not be a "real" reason, but if you waited this long, a few more weeks shouldn't hurt. If you really love webOS the jump to android may be a bit shocking (not bad necessarily...just different).

If you wait, you can take an objective look at both soon.

nnb
    It might not be a "real" reason, but if you waited this long, a few more weeks shouldn't hurt. If you really love webOS the jump to android may be a bit shocking (not bad necessarily...just different).

If you wait, you can take an objective look at both soon.

nnb
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    Remember you have 30 days to return a device.
    Yes, I understand. I just don't want to blow my upgrade if the PRE 3 is super hot and comes to Sprint. I don't think I want to give up my unlimited everything plan for another carrier when my data usage will probably increase with a newer phone.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    If you're fed up with your Pre- then I say get the Evo3D. I'm leaning toward being very doubtful that Sprint will get the Pre3 any time soon if at all.

Personally, I'm still very happy with my Pre- and am not going to switch to android just for better hardware specs. My wife was going to get the Evo3D but I'm going to get her to hang out a few more months for the Samsung Galaxy S2.
    I agree with Thead, waiting another month might get you Samsung Galaxy S2 which by all accounts is actually better than EVO3D (full 16 GB vs 4G internal secondary storage, SAMOLED Plus screen and arguably faster processor/GPU Vs 3D and qHD screen).
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Yes, I understand. I just don't want to blow my upgrade if the PRE 3 is super hot and comes to Sprint. I don't think I want to give up my unlimited everything plan for another carrier when my data usage will probably increase with a newer phone.
    I'm going to wait a couple of months to see what happens. HP must have more devices in the pipeline. For the moment, the focus is a successful TouchPad launch. If Sprint does not offer a new webOS phone in the next 90 days, I'll switch to AT&T since I already have an unlocked Pre 2 with pre-paid GoPhone.
    Dan Donovan
    I am at least waiting to hear the Pre3 launch announcement. It should be coming any day now if there is any truth to the late July launch date rumors.

If you do make the decision to go to the EVO 3D before waiting to hear about the launch announcement, you may regret your decision, but I do not believe the EVO 3D will be a bad device. I believe when Ice Cream Sandwich launches in Q4 of this year Android will be much more user friendly, and you can bet the EVO 3D will be one of the first phones to receive the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I agree with Thead, waiting another month might get you Samsung Galaxy S2 which by all accounts is actually better than EVO3D (full 16 GB vs 4G internal secondary storage, SAMOLED Plus screen and arguably faster processor/GPU Vs 3D and qHD screen).
    Samsung's track record is pretty clear compared to HTC in regard to support. You couldn't pay me to own a Samsung device at this point.
    If you actually decide to switch, the Within, Sprint's version of the Galaxy S2, is a beast compared to the gimmicky Evo 3D.
    Why torture yourself by waiting? If you absolutely need a new phone, and your pre- isn't cutting it, upgrade it.

I ended up going the FrankenPre 2 route, and that kept my upgrade in tact, and allowed me to avoid the extra $10 a month increase. However, if the FrankenPre 2 wasn't an option, I would have probably upgraded to something else. I love webOS, but dealing with the Pre - hardware is a pain.

If you're willing to wait a month or so, in hopes that Sprint may be a carrier for the Pre 3, then do that. Otherwise get a new phone now.
  14.    #14  
    Yes, I think I may try to hold out a little while longer. It's really hard though. I do want to checkout the G2 but Samsung doesn't seem to support their phones too well. I am still having nightmares about my Samsung Instinct. HTC puts mad support behind their EVO line of phones. It would be nice to get my hands on a PRE 3 so I can make a very objective decision based on my needs. Being the underdog is only fun for a certain amount of time. At some point you do want to be on a winning team!
    The EVO 3D is just a gimmick, my experience with glasses free 3d is bad. Headaches after 10 minutes, and its not really that "awesome". It does have some bad reviews (engadget) I think its going to be a bust, but nonetheless, it does have some sweet specs, and sense 3.0 is pretty nifty.

If you need an upgrade, id go with the original EVO, or Samsung Epic. but if you're like me you'll miss webOS too much. I've tried different android phones, and they've only lasted 2 or three days before going back.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    if u are willing to jump to att then get pre3 otherwise i think evo 3d is the best for u. though if u have some patience u can try to get the slab phone in august/ sept thats supposed to be coming
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    The EVO 3D is just a gimmick, my experience with glasses free 3d is bad. Headaches after 10 minutes, and its not really that "awesome".
    QFT, It adds minor depth to the experience. And if its anything like the 3DS you have to look at it from a straight on angle or else it just doesn't work.

Honestly if your looking for a new phone. Get a Windows 7 Phone. I think the Arrive is for Sprint. I was quite pleased with my experience switching over to the OS for a few weeks. (the only reason i returned it was due to hardware malfunctions and deciding i can wait it out for the Pre3)
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I was asking myself OPs question and here's the plan I came up with:

If there's no Sprint WebOS phone announcement by the time the Samsung Galaxy S2 is released I'm getting the S2. I am going to go the first 30 days on the shipped ROM. If there's a WebOS announcement in the 30 day period I'll make a decision to stay with the S2 or return and wait some more. At the 30 day mark I'm going to unlock and switch to one of the custom ROMs (essentially locking myself into using the device until my contract is up again.)
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    The EVO 3D is just a gimmick, my experience with glasses free 3d is bad. Headaches after 10 minutes, and its not really that "awesome". It does have some bad reviews (engadget) I think its going to be a bust, but nonetheless, it does have some sweet specs, and sense 3.0 is pretty nifty.

If you need an upgrade, id go with the original EVO, or Samsung Epic. but if you're like me you'll miss webOS too much. I've tried different android phones, and they've only lasted 2 or three days before going back.
    You don't need to use any aspect of the 3d. The only thing 3d is pics and video, and that's up to you to use it.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast