Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    the nexus s has some nice features, but it feels cheap in the hand and looks cheap. I was actually considering buying one before the Evo 3d came out and was disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    And here is a few reasons I am keeping my Nexus that I copied over from my AndroidCentral post...

1. Super Amoled Display

3. FREE TETHERING THROUGH SPRINT.. Not so free for the Evo 3D

5. Much better quality camera
    5. Longer battery life with a smaller battery
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The Nexus S 4G is missing:

4. microSD card
    Thanks, i really don't care about facebook whatsoever, but microSD card slot is indeed a problem

SO what is the best phone in your opinion on sprint, ATT and T-mobile right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Thanks, i really don't care about facebook whatsoever, but microSD card slot is indeed a problem

SO what is the best phone in your opinion on sprint, ATT and T-mobile right now?
    Nexus S or Evo3D for Sprint
    HTC Sensation, HTC HD7, or Nexus S for T Mobile
    Samsung Infuse or HP Veer for AT&T... iPhone 4 is nice but the OS is trash...
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

The Nexus S is a Pawn in a custody battle
    Google says that until Facebook shares contact info, there will never be Facebook integration in the Nexus S. Facebook told investors that will never happen. I do little with Facebook but I love having everyone's photos, birthday's, and status updated in my phone. When they call or text, I see right away what is going on in their lives.

Always have a backup
    microSD is key. A $70 Class 10 32GB microSD card can hold your favorite movies, music, and photos. More importantly, you can automatically Backup messages, contacts, bookmarks, homescreens, alarms, dictionary, etc. to the microSD. If you switch phones or do a factory reset, you can restore from the microSD.

Best Smartphones of 2011
    See the Phone Comparison for much more.
    Sprint: 4.3" EVO 3D, coming Photon, or Galaxy S II Within w/microSD, fast.
    T-Mobile: 4.3" Sensation is the EVO 3D's twin w/microSD, fast.
    AT&T: 4.5" Infuse set a new standard or 4.3" S II Attain w/microSD, fast.

The 2010 iPhone 4 deserves a mention but anything under 4.3" is now a small screen.
    my wife coudnt wait for the pre3 due to deteriorating pixie. She got the Evo 3D.....and wow! The phone is amazing. Huge screen, very slender, uber fast in every part of the phone. The pic/video are amazing and the 3D is a lot of fun (similar to the old magic eye posters).

The evo 3D is the best phone I have every played with.

I am still waiting on pre3 because android is anoying to me.

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I guess in answer to the opening post question...
    Help! - Get the EVO 3D *now* or continue to *wait* for the PRE 3?

Why not do both?

You could get an EVO 3D just for the fun of trying it out for 30 days and then return it. Here is a thread with dozens of webOS users trying out the EVO 3D. Some love it. Some got the 3D just to try it out. One hates it.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    It is simply true. Next to my Nexus the colors are downright awful. Yes it has a higher resolution screen but I am talking about colors! The colors are bad on the Evo 3D SLCD screen. Also for the guy saying his Evo 3D has a more vibrant screen than his epic? All I got to say is LOL. Its not even close. Super amoled destroys SLCD plain and simple.

Also the Nexus S has much better battery life than the Evo 3D with a 230mah smaller battery. Who cares about expandable memory as well as 16gb is plenty for a phone. Like anyone really needs more than 10gigs worth of music on their device at one time. The LED light missing is not a big deal at all as the NO LED app is leap years ahead of just a flashing green light. Also sense 3.0 is more of an annoyance than anything. I try swiping through the menus and it always goes into carousel mode when I am just trying to flick one page at a time. Also the android launcher is not awful. Gingerbread on the Nexus S looks beautiful. Obviously you have never played with one to call it awful. At least you can scroll one row at a time on the Nexus while on the 3D you have to scroll one page at a time which is what I find awful!
    Sure, most of us can probably agree that Super AMOLED is better than SLCD. I was thinking about getting the Nexus S but I chose the Evo 3D. I have a NS at work I use for testing and I would rather have a larger, higher resolution screen than a more brighter/vivid one. Also, the NS feels cheap (as all Samsungs I've used do) and has last generation specs. I'm considering going from the 3D to the NS2 but I think I'll miss qHD and the solid build quality of the 3D...maybe my mind will change once I actually get to use a NS2. I'm not sure why you think that anything other than Super AMOLED is washed out though. That's like saying any car other than a Bugatti is slow.

What really confuses me is that you used the 3D's "washed out" screen and "bad" battery life as reasons to wait for the Pre 3. I doubt the Pre 3's screen will be as good as the 3D's. Also, no one has really had the 3D long enough enough to make a valid determination on the battery life. And even if it turns out that its battery life is bad, something tells me that the Pre 3's won't be much better. Anyone going from a Pre- to a 3D will immediately be amazed by the battery life and the screen by comparison anyway.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    All these discussions about Evo 3D vs Nexus S or whatever else; wasn't this thread about Evo 3D or wait for Pre 3?

I was a day 1 Pre- owner, just switched over to an Evo 3D. WOW. I didn't know what I was missing.

webOS was awesome. I miss the Universal Search, or Just Type, and I miss having only 1 card open for texting/GoogleTalk. Other than that, Evo 3D all the way.

3D is indeed a gimmick, but I don't care for it. It still manages to impress people who check out my phone, but it's a feature I'll never use. The standard 2D camera, even though it is only 5MP, is way better than what my Pre had. Autofocus, LED flash is better, camera button is awesome.

No glitches or lockups, and this thing is FAST. Oh, and there an app for EVERYTHING. I had fun with the homebrew stuff and all on my Pre, but having a real app catalog and a customizable UI removes the need of the small tweaks I used to have.

Did I mention is was FAST? Love this phone... don't regret for a second giving up my upgrade for it.
    No kidding. I don't think anybody wanted to see a "urinating" match from a couple Galaxy S Series vs. EVO Series "uberfans." Take to the Android forums. I've set a date for myself. July 16th. If there is no Pre3 announced by that date, it's probably the EVO 3D for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    No kidding. I don't think anybody wanted to see a "urinating" match from a couple Galaxy S Series vs. EVO Series "uberfans." Take to the Android forums. I've set a date for myself. July 16th. If there is no Pre3 announced by that date, it's probably the EVO 3D for me.
    LOL since when is a Nexus S 4G part of any Galaxy S series? That is news to me... Also by July 16th you will have 3 phones to choose from. Don't go by word of mouth just try all 3 for yourself in person. Those 3 being the Evo 3D, Nexus S 4G, and Photon 4G which is rumored to be released mid to late July. Photon will be the benchmark king on Sprint with its Tegra 2 which has numerous games optimized for it already in the market.
    Had my 3d for a week now and is by far the best I have ever had. The 3d can be called a gimmick forever for all I care,,,,, its darn fun. Phone is super fast, battery is great, I can now make it threw the day on a charge if need be. Could not do that with my pre or my evo 4g. Screen is beautiful. When people start saying stupid stuff like "my screens colors are better then yours ", i think to myself is this first grade? All these new high end "super phones "are all pretty awesome in there own way, everyone has their own preferences to what they want and why they want it.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    LOL since when is a Nexus S 4G part of any Galaxy S series? That is news to me...
    You have zero credibility with me at this point. The Nexus S is basically a warmed over, slightly modded Galaxy S phone.

Google Nexus S vs. Samsung Galaxy S
    I would either wait for the Iphone 5 to hit Sprint in September (the real reason why they changed their upgrade paths) or the Evo 2.
    You have zero credibility with me at this point. The Nexus S is basically a warmed over, slightly modded Galaxy S phone.

Google Nexus S vs. Samsung Galaxy S
    Nexus S is Googles baby and has nothing to do with any of the Galaxy S phones with their terrible touch wiz interface. I'll take stock Google over bloatware any day of the week.
    Nexus S is Googles baby and has nothing to do with any of the Galaxy S phones with their terrible touch wiz interface. I'll take stock Google over bloatware any day of the week.
    So your logic is... the unlocked Palm Pre 2 on AT&T has nothing to do with the Palm Pre 2 on Verizon because one runs webOS 2.1 and the other runs webOS 2.0.

Like I said. ZERO credibility. Go back to the Android forums where you can learn something about your device before you come trolling in webOS forums.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    It should take you about 5min to remove the TouchWiz 4 present in Galaxy S2 and use an Android launcher. What bloatware are you talking about? Not to mention the improvements made to TouchWiz in S2 are huge. Here it is a side by side , with TouchWiz installed.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzce View Post
    All these discussions about Evo 3D vs Nexus S or whatever else; wasn't this thread about Evo 3D or wait for Pre 3?

I was a day 1 Pre- owner, just switched over to an Evo 3D. WOW. I didn't know what I was missing.

webOS was awesome. I miss the Universal Search, or Just Type, and I miss having only 1 card open for texting/GoogleTalk. Other than that, Evo 3D all the way.

3D is indeed a gimmick, but I don't care for it. It still manages to impress people who check out my phone, but it's a feature I'll never use. The standard 2D camera, even though it is only 5MP, is way better than what my Pre had. Autofocus, LED flash is better, camera button is awesome.

No glitches or lockups, and this thing is FAST. Oh, and there an app for EVERYTHING. I had fun with the homebrew stuff and all on my Pre, but having a real app catalog and a customizable UI removes the need of the small tweaks I used to have.

Did I mention is was FAST? Love this phone... don't regret for a second giving up my upgrade for it.
    My thoughts exactly. I've pained myself with Palm for far to long (Treo 650, 755p, Centro, Pixi).
    So your logic is... the unlocked Palm Pre 2 on AT&T has nothing to do with the Palm Pre 2 on Verizon because one runs webOS 2.1 and the other runs webOS 2.0.

Like I said. ZERO credibility. Go back to the Android forums where you can learn something about your device before you come trolling in webOS forums.
    About as much credibility as you calling the Nexus S a Galaxy S? Try before you buy! Evo 3D is not all its cracked up to be! I am not trolling anything either! This freaking Nexus S would be thrown out the window for a Pre 3 right now on Sprint if it was available. webOS is the most beautiful,elegant, and seamless OS I have ever encountered and would love to own a device with it again asap!

So to the OP... WAIT! Android gets boring even with its thousands of apps, so don't let any Android Central troll come over here and tell you otherwise!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzce View Post

I switched over to the EVO 4G as soon as I was eligible to upgrade and realized that there wasn't going to be an upgrade path from the Pre minus. This year, I intended on going with a Pre 3, but once again, the outlook didn't look very good, so I went with the EVO 3D. I have a month with the 3D to decide if I want to keep it. I'm hoping the NS2 or a Pre 3 (doubtful) are released within this next month, so I can test the waters a bit.

I'm not too worried about the app catalog. I don't play games and the apps I need are very minimal. If I could just put webOS on my 3D and my iPad 2 that'd be perfect.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    It should take you about 5min to remove the TouchWiz 4 present in Galaxy S2 and use an Android launcher. What bloatware are you talking about? Not to mention the improvements made to TouchWiz in S2 are huge. Here it is a side by side , with TouchWiz installed.
    Not a very fair video if you ask me. First off that is a Nexus S not a Nexus S 4G. Therefore that is why the GPS is weak on that particular device while the Sprint version finds GPS signal flawlessly. Also that is a rooted Nexus S which is why the boot up time takes so long. Lastly I would hope the GS2 would be faster browsing than the Nexus S. It's 7 months newer with much improved specs.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast