Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    You mean washed out screen, terrible build quality, feature phone camera(s), battery lasting 10 hours when the phone idles and "4G" on the nation's most inferior network, where Engadget wrote that they need to stand still for a minute in order to even get a signal? Which is still none faster than the Veer's HSPA+?

Awesome, gotz ta get this now!
    Wow, you've managed to be completely wrong! Congrats! If you're trolling, then you're doing a pretty good job.

Have you used one? I've had one for 5 days, and I can confidently say that this blows away the original EVO, and any WebOS phone in terms of hardware. Built like a tank, gorgeous screen, 3D is amazing, very good battery life (destroys my old EVO) and unbelievably fast. And LOL at you if you're going by the Engadget "review". I love WebOS just as much as the next guy, but no WebOS phone can really touch the EVO 3D hardware wise. I can't really comment on 4G, don't have it in my area.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    what percent was it after 24 hours?
    Evo 3D is not all its cracked up to be. I had it for a day and switched back to the Nexus S 4G. I'd say wait for the Pre 3. Evo 3D battery life is not that great compared to my Nexus. Screen is washed out like previous poster said. It may have great resolution but what good is that with lackluster colors. The original Palm Pre blows it away with its deep and rich colors. Evo 3D has subpar speakerphone quality, subpar earpiece, and is just a brick in the hand. Otherwise its pretty damn fast except for a few games that aren't optimized to run on its new Snapdragon dual core. Oh and Sense 3.0 is all eye candy basically. I cant wait for a new CDMA Pre 3 or HP webOS slab phone! Bye bye Android with its annoying fragmentation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Evo 3D is not all its cracked up to be. I had it for a day and switched back to the Nexus S 4G. I'd say wait for the Pre 3. Evo 3D battery life is not that great compared to my Nexus. Screen is washed out like previous poster said. It may have great resolution but what good is that with lackluster colors. The original Palm Pre blows it away with its deep and rich colors. Evo 3D has subpar speakerphone quality, subpar earpiece, and is just a brick in the hand. Otherwise its pretty damn fast except for a few games that aren't optimized to run on its new Snapdragon dual core. Oh and Sense 3.0 is all eye candy basically. I cant wait for a new CDMA Pre 3 or HP webOS slab phone! Bye bye Android with its annoying fragmentation!
    It is always possible you got a bad phone -- we all know with new devices that there are occasional bad ones released.

On the fragmentation issue, I just don't get this -- just take a look at the fragmentation in webOS -- webOS 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x -- how is that not fragmentation? Sure there are some android devices on 1.x, but guess what there are still a lot of apps being released today that still work on that level. webOS 1.x is being left on the roadside like roadkill.
    Bad battery life? Washed out screen? I have the device sitting in front of me right now - that's simply not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    It is always possible you got a bad phone -- we all know with new devices that there are occasional bad ones released.

On the fragmentation issue, I just don't get this -- just take a look at the fragmentation in webOS -- webOS 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x -- how is that not fragmentation? Sure there are some android devices on 1.x, but guess what there are still a lot of apps being released today that still work on that level. webOS 1.x is being left on the roadside like roadkill.
    Agreed. webOS is by far the most fragmented mainstream mobile OS on the market right now.

Legacy (Dead) Devices
    webOS 1.4 = Pre/Pre+, Pixi/Pixi+
    webOS 2.1 = Pre 2 (I doubt the Pre 2 will be supported after webOS 2.1)

Current (Supported) Devices
    webOS 2.2+ = Veer, Pre3
    webOS 3.0+ = TouchPad

That said, I'd continue to wait to find out launch information about the Pre3 because I believe the Pre3 will deliver a superior user experience. It really shouldn't be that much longer.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Washed out screen? There is no way you had the Evo 3D. And even if you really thought that its screen was "washed out" what makes you think that the Pre 3's screen will be any better?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Washed out screen? There is no way you had the Evo 3D. And even if you really thought that its screen was "washed out" what makes you think that the Pre 3's screen will be any better?
    I agree. I tried an Evo 3D and was surprised at how sharp/clear/rich the screen was. I put it next to an Evo 4G, a Pre 2 and an Epic and the only one with a screen as good was the Epic.
    Evo - lution 3d
    Get one,, nice phone
    I'm sorry, but you Palm purists genuinely need to stop and smell the roses.

As of last week I was still a Palm purist and would defend them until the end. That was, until I went through 2 Palm Pixi's in a matter of days.

I had chosen the Pixi over the Pre and my wife did the same. She refused to keep using her phone months ago and got an Epic 4G. I on the other hand, had to be forced by two broken Palm's. Once forced, I chose the best thing in the lineup.

Man...is this what I've been missing? How we have have relegated ourselves to such crap is beyond me. No app support, no manufacturer support, terrible hardware, etc. Palm (now HP) has painted each and every one of us in to the corner we are all in. Let's not even go in to how Ruby promised us all something that now looks to be $50 off a Touchpad...ugh.

The Evo 3D blows everything I have tried out of the water. I can type faster on the on screen keyboard as the predictive text is extremely intuitive. I have apps for anything I can think of. Sense 3.0 is beautiful, fast and actually useful (compared to prior Sense and Android iterations).

As far as the battery comments go, I think it's a Palm standard to have a USB adapter/plug in every room, car and place you may visit, so let's just quit with the battery complaints. I, for the first time, have been able to get through an entire work day without having to charge my phone for the majority of it.

I would love nothing more than the Pre3 to be on Sprint, but at this point HP is dragging and every one of its followers through the mud. They take far to long to release anything and have had us on eggshells for over a year. I could go on and rant about this, but I'll just cut it short.

Point is, I'm sick of waiting on HP.
    engadget review complained about the battery life. Its probably still better than current webOS phones, but why not Nexus S 4G?
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Bad battery life? Washed out screen? I have the device sitting in front of me right now - that's simply not true.
    It is simply true. Next to my Nexus the colors are downright awful. Yes it has a higher resolution screen but I am talking about colors! The colors are bad on the Evo 3D SLCD screen. Also for the guy saying his Evo 3D has a more vibrant screen than his epic? All I got to say is LOL. Its not even close. Super amoled destroys SLCD plain and simple.

Also the Nexus S has much better battery life than the Evo 3D with a 230mah smaller battery. Who cares about expandable memory as well as 16gb is plenty for a phone. Like anyone really needs more than 10gigs worth of music on their device at one time. The LED light missing is not a big deal at all as the NO LED app is leap years ahead of just a flashing green light. Also sense 3.0 is more of an annoyance than anything. I try swiping through the menus and it always goes into carousel mode when I am just trying to flick one page at a time. Also the android launcher is not awful. Gingerbread on the Nexus S looks beautiful. Obviously you have never played with one to call it awful. At least you can scroll one row at a time on the Nexus while on the 3D you have to scroll one page at a time which is what I find awful!
    Last edited by Thrasherx2k1; 06/28/2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

Fragmentation for example is that the Evo 3D with its almighty super dual core snapdragon cannot run a handful of games as well as my Nexus S when my Nexus S is using mid 2010 technology. All the people in the Evo 3D forums claim its because the device has not been optimized for these games yet??? Well lets see here every other phone I have ever owned at their launches Evo 4g,Epic 4G,Hero, ect all ran games just fine and never got any better in performance with future updates.

Try any game from Homerun Battle 3D to Restaurant Story to Glow Hockey and the frame rate is noticeably worse on the 3D compared to my Nexus. That is why I miss webos as well as IOS when I used to own the Iphone. Games just work and smoothly as well...
    Fragmentation for example is that the Evo 3D with its almighty super dual core snapdragon cannot run a handful of games as well as my Nexus S when my Nexus S is using mid 2010 technology. All the people in the Evo 3D forums claim its because the device has not been optimized for these games yet??? Well lets see here every other phone I have ever owned at their launches Evo 4g,Epic 4G,Hero, ect all ran games just fine and never got any better in performance with future updates.

Try any game from Homerun Battle 3D to Restaurant Story to Glow Hockey and the frame rate is noticeably worse on the 3D compared to my Nexus. That is why I miss webos as well as IOS when I used to own the Iphone. Games just work and smoothly as well...
    Soon there will be 4 webOS versions on devices in use. Talk about fragmentation.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Soon there will be 4 webOS versions on devices in use. Talk about fragmentation.

Who really cares about the Pre and Pixi though. Just like who cares about the Original Iphone and Iphone 3G. The level of fragmentation with IOS and webOS is no where near the android level due to their being so many different parts used in these phones. Google needs to step up like Microsoft did with WP7 and have strict guidelines about internal parts. Which is why pretty much all WP7 phones run smooth as silk.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    What fragmentation are you referring to exactly? I am on my second android phone and every single app works that I had on the previous. Webos got so bad that developers are jumping ship. I paid for tweed now the developer is throwing in the towel and it was the first Twitter app for Webos.
    Oh well, no wonder i couldnt find it after doctoring my pre. Sad

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    What fragmentation are you referring to exactly? I am on my second android phone and every single app works that I had on the previous. Webos got so bad that developers are jumping ship. I paid for tweed now the developer is throwing in the towel and it was the first Twitter app for Webos.
    Tell that to echo customers..

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Tell that to echo customers..

All 7 of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    ...but why not Nexus S 4G?
    The Nexus S 4G is missing:
    1. Facebook Contacts sync
    2. Facebook Calendar sync
    3. Facebook photo and status sync for caller ID
    4. microSD card
    5. A 4.3" screen
    6. Ability to break up SMS over 160 characters
    7. Notification LED.
    8. The second core.
    9. Email search.

The Nexus S 4G is the only smartphone released this year lacking the microSD. Plus with the small screen, Nexus S sales all but ended the day the EVO 3D came out. The Treo 600 had an SD card...in 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The Nexus S 4G is missing:
    1. Facebook Contacts sync
    2. Facebook Calendar sync
    3. Facebook photo and status sync for caller ID
    4. microSD card
    5. A 4.3" screen
    6. Ability to break up SMS over 160 characters
    7. Notification LED.
    8. The second core.
    9. Email search.

The Nexus S 4G is the only smartphone released this year lacking the microSD. Plus with the small screen, Nexus S sales all but ended the day the EVO 3D came out. The Treo 600 had an SD card...in 2003.
    And here is a few reasons I am keeping my Nexus that I copied over from my AndroidCentral post...

1. Super Amoled Display
    2. Non washed out colors... O yes the Evo 3D colors are downright awful next to my Nexus...
    3. FREE TETHERING THROUGH SPRINT.. Not so free for the Evo 3D
    4. NFC Chip
    5. Much better quality camera
    5. Longer battery life with a smaller battery
    6. Immediate updates from Google
    7. Earbuds included in the box
    8. Better sounding speakerphone
    9. Better feel in your hand due to being so lightweight
    10. Most important it runs all games smoothly!

And holy hell since when does the Nexus S have a small screen? The facebook issues will be taken care of as will the 160 character limit issue with future updates. The missing LED light is easily fixed with NOLED app which works 10x better than a blinking green light. 16Gb is plenty for a smartphone so who cares if you can't remove it. Finally I guess you are claiming the Iphone isn't a smartphone with its non removable memory???
    Last edited by Thrasherx2k1; 06/29/2011 at 01:08 AM.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast