Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Yes, I'm getting the feeling that HP is more in love with AT&T and Verizon more than Sprint these days. I'll hold out until the PRE 3 is released on any carrier so I can play with it. Then I'll determine if I like it enough to switch to that carrier, wait for a Sprint announcement or get the E3D or whatever is the latest and greatest android phone at that time. Photon?
    As a first generation Pre owner that use a HTC Hero as well, I will replace the Hero with the Galaxy S 2. The EVO 3D was heavily considered as the Hero's replacement until I remembered the massive headache I got watching a 3D tv display at a gaming show in Las Vegas. There's no way Sprint will forgo the Pre3, I hope.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ackrite55 View Post
    As a first generation Pre owner that use a HTC Hero as well, I will replace the Hero with the Galaxy S 2. The EVO 3D was heavily considered as the Hero's replacement until I remembered the massive headache I got watching a 3D tv display at a gaming show in Las Vegas. There's no way Sprint will forgo the Pre3, I hope.
    Remember, you can turn off the 3D effect with a simple flip of a switch.
    Played with the EVO 3D today. It's pretty cool, but it's also a gimmic IMO. I'm not saying 3D doesn't have it's place, but for me it's not on a phone. If I hadn't already taken a short dip in the Android pool, I might try a EVO3d and just return it before the 30 days is up. The activation fee is a small price to pay to rent a top notch phone for 4 weeks. Then get the Pre3 when it comes out cause you know it's going to be better at the stuff you really use your phone for.
    I see these posts about "oh, it's just a gimmick" and I roll my eyes every time. Yes, totally a gimmick. You find ONE feature you don't think is necessary, therefore the whole phone is a gimmick.

Super high resolution, gorgeous screen (even when 3D is off), basically the same SoC as the TouchPad, expandable memory up to 32GB, big battery, and 4G on WiMax.

The EVO 4G was one of the best and most successful smartphones of all time, and the 3D seems to be a worthy successor, even if it has a gimmicky 3D display option.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I see these posts about "oh, it's just a gimmick" and I roll my eyes every time. Yes, totally a gimmick. You find ONE feature you don't think is necessary, therefore the whole phone is a gimmick.

Super high resolution, gorgeous screen (even when 3D is off), basically the same SoC as the TouchPad, expandable memory up to 32GB, big battery, and 4G on WiMax.

The EVO 4G was one of the best and most successful smartphones of all time, and the 3D seems to be a worthy successor, even if it has a gimmicky 3D display option.
    Everyone likes to downsize good products
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria

You mean washed out screen, terrible build quality, feature phone camera(s), battery lasting 10 hours when the phone idles and "4G" on the nation's most inferior network, where Engadget wrote that they need to stand still for a minute in order to even get a signal? Which is still none faster than the Veer's HSPA+?

Awesome, gotz ta get this now!
    FWIW a manager at a Sprint store this past Thursday said they are 'definitely' getting new HP webOS products this year. 'Either July or October' according to her...

It's a great phone with a gimmick added on. I would rather have a sensation which is thinner and has a good 8MP camera and better viewing angles on the screen.

The youtube video and the spiderman game look much better than self taken photos and videos.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  10.    #70  
    How does the E3D's camera compare to the Pre's? It has got to be better! I would LOVE to be able to use a cell phone to take most of my pics and vids and use my digital camera for the really really important stuff. This is NOT possible with my Pre minus!
    I have been playing with the evo 3D since wed now and this is a amazing phone. 3D is pretty cool also. The switch is just to go back and forth between 2D and 3D camera. You do not need it set to 3D to look at 3D content. The 3d youtube videos are awsome to watch. Call it what ever you want, gimmick or whatever, but it's a cool little feature. This device is sick fast and very solid.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    I also played with the EVO 3D quite a bit yesterday. Our Best Buy had almost sold out it's quota of 60 but a Sprint store still had a couple left. Both reps were knowledgable and excited about the EVO 3D.

The EVO 3D is fast. Android Central showed in their tests that the EVO 3D was even faster than the Sensation. The 3D is only an option when you take photos or movies. I turned it off. The screen is stunningly bright and clear and the EVO 3D is noticeably thin.

The EVO 3D is the first phone I have seen in a decade that allows you to just delete the bloatware. And from the Notifications, you can now turn all the features On/Off like 4G, WiFi, etc. Plus there's the new WiFi Booster and In-Call Volume boost. The just type search results were instantaneous due to the new indexing.

The Gingerbread is smoother and faster on the 4G and better still on the 3D. Fastboot is even faster on the 3D. There are lots of lockscreen apps but the Sense 3.0 is the best I have seen. The Sense 3.0 UI is a huge step up from the Sense 2.X days. Double the RAM will allow a lot more than the 170 apps max most hit on the EVO 4G.

The EVO 4G is rumored to have sold over 5 million units. That's not anywhere close to the 18 million Galaxy S units sold so far but the EVO is on one carrier not 120. Sprint will probably sell out the million EVO 3D units expected this weekend.

The EVO 3D gives the Sprint reps a hot new phone to talk about until the Photon hits in a couple weeks, and then the Epic 2, and then the Galaxy S II (Within) will be fastest and brightest with a full SAMOLED+ display, NFC, USB OTG, etc.

And so it goes.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/25/2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Hey everyone!

So I still have my Palm Pre-. For some odd reason I just REALLY want a better phone. Now I got mine on release day on the Palm Pre back in 09. I have never had to return it or anything of that nature. The phone today is still rocking it just like release day! No oreo screen or anything! Call me lucky I guess!

What will I move too? Well I have thought about the HTC Evo 3D! I have been on Android C looking around. The phone sounds amazing. (Hardware wise). SO I am by far not an android fan. Nor do I see my self more than likely staying with the Android OS. I do however like the HTC UI and hardware. I mean how can you not?!

What I will miss if I do jump is homebrew! These guys are amazing on WebOS. They alone have made the Pre- a much better device for me! Think I will miss this option most of all. I don't plan on flashing the ROM of the HTC device. Don't think I will need too.

So would you think I am jumping the gun to soon? I wont be getting the phone for another 2 weeks anyways if I do go that path! I also may just buy the Pre 3 out right if it comes down to it. And thats IF Sprint even gets the phone!

Anyways let me know what you all think! Also if you have jumped already tell me why and how you like it! (ANY device!)

Thanks in advance!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    I chose and epic4g over a evo shift, and after playing with some of my friends', I regret the decision. I think HTC is the way to go. I'm not really sold on the 3d gimmick, but even without it, the new Evo would be a great device.

The android homebrew seen is pretty huge as well, but I've never gotten into it because I find getting started confusing and intimidating. As far as I know, they don't have a solution as user friendly and robust as Preware, nor do they have the luxury of a AndroidDr.

As far as jumping ship, I say go ahead. If the Pre3 comes out on Sprint, sell your android on Ebay and come back. In the meantime, the touchpad will be out soon (if your interested) so you can still get your webOS fix.
    Personally, I just jumped ship this week. I've been a member here at Precentral for over two years now (I think) and had a launch day Pre- and then a Pre+ on Verizon. I love webOS but the mounting discrepancy regarding apps and features between webOS and ios/android was bugging me. No 3rd party video chat apps (like Tango, Fring). I was waiting for Pre3 but even with a front-facing camera how would you videochat with iphone users today? Cant. Scrabble is hobbled on webos. No Pocket Legends. Maps are terrible, no visual voicemail, no voice search features like android. These things may not bother you but for me it was too much lacking for even the Pre3 to assuage.

So I bought the Droid Charge on amazon. It arrives wednesday. Im sure Ill miss how well webOS feels but I wont miss everything that it lacks today. If in 1 or 2 years HP has flipped webOS around and theres some decent app support and features are backfilled Id love to come back.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    You really have no choice if you are on Sprint and want/need a new phone.

My wife has the HTC shift and is happy with it. I would avoid the Samsung products.

My wife had the Samsung Moment, which has design problems which cannot be fixed. Samsung would not stand behind their product.
    if I was stuck on sprint, then id choose the best available phone on their network.

otherwise, if you really like webos, but are concerned about prices on other carriers, id advise purchasing a gsm version of any of the newer webos devices and using it on tmobile or one of the cheaper Att data plans and try to access most of your data over wifi.

personally, I am on vzw because I get a 22% discount, all of my family and friends are on the network so I get to call any of them for free, it works in my area, and now I will be "grandfathered" in to the unlimited data plan. However, I have to deal with anti-webos support on vzw and delayed updates.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    You mean washed out screen, terrible build quality, feature phone camera(s), battery lasting 10 hours when the phone idles and "4G" on the nation's most inferior network, where Engadget wrote that they need to stand still for a minute in order to even get a signal? Which is still none faster than the Veer's HSPA+?

Wow...just about nothing in your post is even close to accurate.
    I'd be interested to see what the iphone 5 will have before I jump ship. I mean, the iphone4 is already a year old and even the newest phones like the Evo 3D, etc. still can't surpass the screen resolution and quality of it. I'd say hold off until September. Then you will probably have a chance to see what the Pre 3 is like in person, hear any news on the iphone 5, or get to play with the SG2. Don't forget, the Atrix was supposed to be 'the phone' to get and it was a serious flop. Would really suck to get an Evo 3D right now and find out Apple puts out a 1024x768 retina display or something with DDR5 Ram in a few months. Once you burn that upgrade, thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

Not to sound rude in any way but the pre wasn't exactly the best phone on the market either. It also had it's downsides as well like a small screen (but not as pint sized as the pixi), poor build quality (USB cracks), and poor battery life as well as a lack of apps and oreos. All I'm saying is that if Palm had built the phone with better quality in its build, added more features into their OS, and released it in weeks rather than months. then it could've outsold others in it's shining year
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast