Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    WAIT!!
    I have thrown in the towel. I can only wait so long for HP to make it right. Tomorrow I will pick up my EVO 3D. I thought long and hard about changing because I love my original Pre- but the crack around the USB port has spread on to the face. Even if HP announces the Pre3 in July how long will it be before my banks, Netflix, Comcast, E*Trade, Skype, and others have applications for the device? I have too good of a deal with Sprint to switch carriers so I will have to switch phones. My only hope is that the Pre3 does come on Sprint before July 24 so I can take the device back. I'll miss webOS but the utility of Android outweighs the benefits. Bye-bye HP. I hope you do better with your enterprise customers than us lowly retail customers.
  3.    #23  
    Good points!
    No one would blame you for jumping ship. Must of us Sprint folks are quite frankly damn tired of the wait. And in all honesty, the Pre 3 is not even in the same league as the EVO 3D or the original EVO.
    Wake up HPalm, if you announce a new product only to release it 6 months to a year later, it's gonna be a dinosaur every time.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    No one would blame you for jumping ship. Must of us Sprint folks are quite frankly damn tired of the wait. And in all honesty, the Pre 3 is not even in the same league as the EVO 3D or the original EVO.
    Wake up HPalm, if you announce a new product only to release it 6 months to a year later, it's gonna be a dinosaur every time.
    Outdated, or just not top on the market?
    I'm pretty sure other than the Screen on the Pre3, it matches every blackberry, WP7, and Iphone spec wise or is pretty dang close. I'll even throw announced phones into that list..... Seeing as how Blackberry is the only one with anything near announcement or release (maybe iphone and WP7 in the fall).

Android just likes to play the spec game and have people overplay it more than it really needs to be.
    Last edited by Rei VI; 06/24/2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    dont waste your money on a gimick, i mean 3d is cool and all but the samsung galaxy s2 blows it away. if no webos for sprint that is my next phone. cant wait
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think 3d is a gimmick too, but rumors have the next webos phone for sprint also being a slabwith 3d support
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    i think 3d is a gimmick too, but rumors have the next webos phone for sprint also being a slabwith 3d support
    Well, when that time comes, then 99% of the people hear will be telling you all the reasons why you’re daft for *not* wanting it…

Seriously, that EVO 3D looks to be an amazing phone, even if you never switch the “3D” switch on.

If I were a Sprint customer, I wouldn’t even be asking this question.

-Suntan
    that is unless you read the review for the samsung galaxy s2 and then realize that they just released that the newest 1.4ghz chip will be in it and not the 1.2 that was originally slated and even with the review using the 1.2 chip it is the best phone coming by leaps and bounds. if you dont plan on using the 3d than i highly suggest reading the review on engadget and then decide.
  10.    #30  
    Given the support (or lack of) Samsung has provided its phones (remember the Instinct?) versus the outstanding support HTC has provided the original EVO, do you really think the SG2 is a better move than the E3D? If so, specifically why?

How does the Motorola Photon fit into the picture?
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Given the support (or lack of) Samsung has provided its phones (remember the Instinct?) versus the outstanding support HTC has provided the original EVO, do you really think the SG2 is a better move than the E3D? If so, specifically why?
    I've heard this more than once but nobody is ever specific about it. I'm really not very familiar with the differences between the Samsung, HTC, and Motorola android devices. What is the "outstanding support" that HTC provides that Samsung doesn't?
  12.    #32  
    The Evo has always gotten the latest firmware updates in a timely fashion where Samsung tends to drag their feet. I also read about some lawsuit brought against them for taking so long to deploy updates. I know people who are still waiting for an update for the Samsung Instinct that was promised before the Pre was even launched. WOW!
  13.    #33  
    Even though the original EVO is older than the Samsung Epic, there still seems to be way more support, development, enthusiasm, and following for the EVO over the Epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I've heard this more than once but nobody is ever specific about it. I'm really not very familiar with the differences between the Samsung, HTC, and Motorola android devices. What is the "outstanding support" that HTC provides that Samsung doesn't?
    Basically, Samsung attempts to blackmail the carriers into paying for Android updates so the carriers balk at the cost of paying Samsung in addition to the huge bandwidth cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Ok, I am on the verge of picking up the new EVO 3D but I'm definitely on the fence. I LOVE WebOS but I'm getting tired of the constant lag and MANY glitches. I own a launch day Palm PRE and I'm sure/hoping some of these issues will get worked out with the impeding arrival of the PRE 3 but of course, there's no release date. The Touchpad looks promising especially with the Touch-to-Share integration feature with the PRE 3. The specs of the EVO 3D simply look amazing. I'm SO torn!

Please provide some "real" reasons to switch or to keep waiting. Don't just say things like the EVO/Android or PRE/WebOS rocks!

This is a serious plea for help. Thanks!
    I wouldn't get the EVO 3D, pick yourself up the Nexus S, its a cleaner and untouched phone like webOS is. Plus you don't need to wait for HTC or Sprint for the updates. Its all google.

I wouldn't be holding your breath for the pre3 on sprint anytime soon.

- Nexus S 4G Owner
  16.    #36  
    I understand... I am starting to get blue in the face!

I think I'm feeling Sense 3.0 though. I'm a sucker for eye candy and usability. :-)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    screw HP. and definately screw Samsung. I had an HTC phone before the pre and I loved it. Even with its "5 reboots an hour" windows mobile lol.

I like how HTC gives actual dates and deadlines. Where HP just gives vague and obscure references to possible theoretical devices and instead of release dates they give us predictions and projections. Then inevitably push them back time and time again. Flash ring a bell?
  18.    #38  
    Yes, the Flash promise was notorious!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    The Engadget review was a joke. Almost all the other reviews have stated that the 3D is an excellent phone. Watch the wirefly review on youtube ( ) and it's hard not to be impressed by this phone. Calling it a gimmick or a bust is just not based on reality.
    Well, so many people in this thread are saying don't get the 3D wait for the Galaxy S2, or get the Nexus S, or whatever.

I was in your shoes a year ago. Wait for the Pre2 to come to Sprint or the Pre3, or whatever. I jumped and went to an EVO. Is it different that the Pre (android different than webOS)? Of course. Is it better? Yes. Is it worse? Yes. Both OSes have their own pros and cons. To me this is a really individual decision -- you can't allow the community to make it for you.

Many people here just <<mod delete>> moan about Android being inferior and think anything that is not HP or webOS is crap. You should go an ask this very same question on Android Central in the EVO 3D forum and see what kind of response you get there. You will also encounter many other people who are switching from the webOS device to the 3D (like I found when I switched to the EVO).

You will have to decide is it better to switch and be using a new device now, or wait for something that might possibly never come. The advantage of switching now is that you get that shiny new device (of whatever OS), with the option of coming back to webOS after 12 - 22 months (depending on your premier status). The disadvantage of waiting is 12 months from now you still may not see a webOS device on Sprint. Even if the Pre 3 (or whatever) comes to Sprint within the next 6 months there will still be a lack of major apps, etc. If it comes to Sprint and everywhere else and is wildly successful then after you are done with your contract for you new shiny device and come back to webOS then you will be coming back to a platform that has lots of developer support and lots of major apps.

I hope six months from now you feel you made the right decision for you regardless of what decision that is!!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 06/24/2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: language
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast