1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. Please use the link to read the rest of this article.

Take care,

Jay

This is Nokia's first Windows Phone handset
    By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes | June 23, 2011, 4:46am PDT

This is Nokia's first Windows Phone handset | ZDNet

Images of an upcoming Windows Phone powered Nokia handset have leaked onto the web.

The stills from a video first appeared on the Hungarian site TechNetBlog. It shows a Windows Phone handset code-named ‘Sea Ray:’
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    sexy sexy.
    I really want Nokia WP7 but I doubt they will release to Verizon. Did Nokia ever made CDMA phone before? I think they are all GSM, am I correct?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    looks nice, i would consider that over ne other windows phone i have seen so far
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I really want Nokia WP7 but I doubt they will release to Verizon. Did Nokia ever made CDMA phone before? I think they are all GSM, am I correct?
    They haven't made one for at least 10 years. Qualcomm and them had a dispute and Nokia became completely GSM focused. It is rumored that the first Nokia WP will have CDMA support and will go on Verizon and possibly Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur5461 View Post
    They haven't made one for at least 10 years. Qualcomm and them had a dispute and Nokia became completely GSM focused. It is rumored that the first Nokia WP will have CDMA support and will go on Verizon and possibly Sprint.
    Not only that but Nokia isn't a fan of CDMA in general. They don't feel that they should build a phone for such a small segment of the world wide market. half of america, china, a few small market are the only ones who use CDMA. If you look at most of Nokias phones all of them are pentaband allowing them to be bought unlocked and cable with any sim card from any region.
    Nokia will probably focus on ATT, or make a world phone. Either way, I wouldn't hold out hope for a Verizon or Sprint variant any time soon.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Not only that but Nokia isn't a fan of CDMA in general. They don't feel that they should build a phone for such a small segment of the world wide market. half of america, china, a few small market are the only ones who use CDMA. If you look at most of Nokias phones all of them are pentaband allowing them to be bought unlocked and cable with any sim card from any region.
    Knowing Nokia and their focus on world phones, I have a feeling they'll be taking the Global CDMA phone approach that HTC is using for the Trophy on Verizon. I think that's the only way they can actually feel comfortable about releasing a CDMA phone. I would also think that they would have the old Palm thing of going and putting the phone on the 3 biggest carriers, ATT, Verizon and Sprint.

Speaking of how the phone works, it looks like this phone won't have any buttons like the N9 and will probably have both same 480x854 resolution(54 pixels extra than the requirements) and it will probably have a swipe like interface and use those extra 54 pixels for the 3 required buttons at the bottom which I think is a stupid idea. To see it go to New Nokia Sea Ray picture reveals virtual buttons
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Almost definitely switching to WP7 at the end of the year. The Mango update, speed, social network integration and official Australian support makes it a no-brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    My first CDMA phone was a Nokia. However I don't know if they ever made smart phones that are CDMA. But the first wave will be GSM for sure,